Project Homebound

Selfbondage software and other kinky developments

Moderators: Riddle, Shannon SteelSlave

GeneralError

Project Homebound

Post by GeneralError »

As I promised already, I want to present my "Project Homebound" to this forum. It leverages some good practices of home automation for our kinky hobby.
Several developments have already been presented here that are based on the wonderful capabilities of computer controlled actors and sensors and some of them I tried
out, like the good old CD tray opener or the very cool sbbj blow job trainer. That was an inspiration for me to also start working on things like that.

With my Project Homebound I follow an approach of a centralized automation server and a bunch of loosely coupled sensors and actors that communicate with the server
to provide telemetry data or to receive commands to carry out. That whole thing still has a prototype character but I think it is good enough to share the
ideas and learn and get inspirations discussions.

The Homebound server hardware looks like this:
HB_ServerHW_600.jpg
It's just a regular Raspberry Pi 3b+ with case and power supply. More interesting is the software setup and configuration:
- OS is Linux as it comes ready packaged as Raspian Buster Light
- The wlan adapter is configured as access point, so that devices can connect to it
- a Mosquitto mqtt broker is setup to allow high level communication with the devices
- Node-RED (plus Node.js) is installed and will serve as runtime for the control flows and the user interface

I began the development of several devices. They are all based on ESP8266 microcontrollers with wlan capability. The are all connecting to the server via wlan and
communicating with messages according to the mqtt protocoll. With that setup the whole system is independent from an existing network or the internet.

So far I have connected the followint toys:

The Butt Plug Temperature Sensor
hbsbptHW_600.jpg
It mesures the temperature and sends it to the server. The session control on the server will not trigger the release mechanism unless a certain temperature is reached.
In a session the butt plug is mounted to a wooden horse. The delinquent with hands cuffed to his back is forced to impale himself on that plug to warm it up. Depending
on the target temperature this can be a challenging two hours ride.

The Blow Job Trainer Sensor
hbsbjtHW1_600.jpg
Within that transparent dildo there is a photo transistor measuring the brightness. In a session it is mounted to a shelf support right in front of the
delinqunts mouth. With his hands cuffed to the back, he has to take the dildo into his mouth to shade the phototransistor from the light. And it is not sufficient
to just keep it in the mouth. The software measures the frequence of ligt and darkness alternations. The delinquent has to perform a devoted blow job. Only blow job times
with active suck speed are reported to the server.

The Magnetic Release Actor
hbaemrHW_600.jpg
This little electro magnet and its controlling device just can swith on or off the power of the magnet. The holding force is enough to carry a key. In a session it is
mounted out of reach under the ceiling. The magnet is switched on manually before the start of the session. When the session has startet, the control to switch off is
given to the Homebound server.

The Homebound Cockpit

The Homebound Cockpit is the user interface. I created it with the standard components of Node-RED dashboard. It looks like this:
HB_Cockpit_600.jpg
As you can see, the devices described before are represented here. The Butt Plug current temeperature and the temperture chart is visualized. In the meter for the
remaining work and the chart, the delinquent can watch how the temperature is very very slowly going up to the target.
The Blow Job Trainer section visualizes the current suck speed and sums up the so far gained blow job time. To be honest, the suck speed detection is not very accurate.
But what is very accurate is the detection of movement or not. One measurement loop is running for 3 seconds. If there is no movement, the reported speed is zero and
there is no advancement towards the target.

The Workout Goals

This section display the goals the delinquent has to reach within the session. Implemented is the simple workout, to heat up the butt plug to a certain temperature
and to perform blow jobs for a certain amount of time. If both are reached, the release is triggerd what is the electro magnet being switched off.

The Device State

This section shows the health state of the coupled devices. The server is frequently polling the devices for a sign of life. When the device answers with ok, it is displayed
green. Before starting a session, this should be watched carefully.

The Control section

In the control section the electro magnet can be manually switched on and off. This is useful during the session setup. The Randomize button can be used to put some
random variance into the target values. Reset is setting back cumulated values, what is only the earned blow job time in this implementation. And finally the Start Session
button starts the session. If it is pressed, the whole control section disappears and there is no way back.

The Control Flow

The control flow implements the programming logic. I used Node-RED for it which alows very nice orchestrations based on the messages the devices are sending to the server.
Typically a node on the left side is activated by an incomming mqtt message. The flow then does some processing of the values of the messages. On the right side the results might
end up in values displayed in the ui or commands that are send out back to the devices.
I will add a picture in a separate posting. It seems that I already reached the limit here.

I'm looking forward to getting some feedback on this.
Cheers
General Alex Error
GeneralError

Re: Project Homebound

Post by GeneralError »

Here is an image of the Node-RED control flow.
HB_Controlflow_600.jpg
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

Very interesting. Exactly the sort of thing I had been thinking of when I posted my idea about the "button boxes". I might have questions at some point :mrgreen:
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
GeneralError

Post by GeneralError »

Gregovic wrote:Very interesting. Exactly the sort of thing I had been thinking of when I posted my idea about the "button boxes". I might have questions at some point :mrgreen:
Yes, there is huge synergy. My devices are still in early prototype stadium. They have to be enhanced to be more standalone and independent with chargable battery and charging hardware, basic esp modules instead of development boards, 3d-printed cases, interactive wlan and mqtt configuration instead of hardcoded settings. I believe you are facing the same challenges.
thatthat21

Post by thatthat21 »

Looks really nice!

Also like that dashboard setup, I will need to look into that one more for a few different projects I am working on.
sweh

Post by sweh »

Some ideas (in case you run out :-)).

Potentially you could add some incentive with a shock-collar that's activated by an ESP8266 with a 433Mhz transmitter (they've been discussed recently). If, for example, the blow job sensor receives 0 speed for 5 seconds then you get shocked. It'd be easy to modify some existing code to receive the commands over MQTT (I've started work on this; really should finish it!)

You could also add a simple keep-fit exercise; stick some buttons around the house (held down so they can't be moved) and require active pushing of them ("you have 10 seconds to press the button at the top of the stairs; you now have 7 seconds to push the button in the kitchen; you now have 10 seconds to push the button in the garage...").
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Outstanding work, Alex. I just can't find the words, but have to say something. Shannon SteelSlave salutes you :hi:
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
Riddle

Post by Riddle »

Thank you for sharing. I like the individual nodes and the user interface.

How do you power the nodes? What magnet are you using? I see 3 wires and a pcb on the magnet.

The only thing I would do different would be to hard-wire the nodes instead of using wireless. Just not sure what protocol to use.
Resident timer maker. :hi:
Let’s make timers together!
GeneralError

Post by GeneralError »

sweh wrote:Some ideas (in case you run out :-)).

Potentially you could add some incentive with a shock-collar that's activated by an ESP8266 with a 433Mhz transmitter (they've been discussed recently). If, for example, the blow job sensor receives 0 speed for 5 seconds then you get shocked. It'd be easy to modify some existing code to receive the commands over MQTT (I've started work on this; really should finish it!)

You could also add a simple keep-fit exercise; stick some buttons around the house (held down so they can't be moved) and require active pushing of them ("you have 10 seconds to press the button at the top of the stairs; you now have 7 seconds to push the button in the kitchen; you now have 10 seconds to push the button in the garage...").
Oh yes, a shock collar! This will be definetely my next device. We had the discussion some days ago in viewtopic.php?f=12&t=12481#p89997 and the biggest hurdle is already taken: Pairing the collar with an esp or arduino. Now there is only some diligence work left to put the wlan connectivity and mqtt messaging together. But I want to implement a bit more challenging integration. My plan is to enhance the blow job trainer with an additional phototransistor so it can detect deep throats. And the shock collar will ensure, that any number of requested deep throat actions will be carried out with enthusiasm :evil:

Your other idea with the keep-fit exercise is also inspiring. Maybe besides pressing a button there are many more possibilities :P
GeneralError

Post by GeneralError »

Riddle wrote:Thank you for sharing. I like the individual nodes and the user interface.

How do you power the nodes? What magnet are you using? I see 3 wires and a pcb on the magnet.

The only thing I would do different would be to hard-wire the nodes instead of using wireless. Just not sure what protocol to use.
So far the nodes are built on breadboards using jumper cables and ESP8266 NodeMCU Development boards. The latter come with integrated micro usb socket for programming and power. When I find some time, I will more productize this to basic esp8266 boards and power supply from a rechargable battery and all that fitted into a nice 3d printed housing.

The magnet I ordered from wish https://www.wish.com/product/5b5cd464ff666512b9871a11. It is a complete little module that can be directly connected to microcontrollers without worrying about freewheeling diodes and ampere consumption. There are similar modules available in the typical shops.
thatthat21

Post by thatthat21 »

GeneralError wrote:The magnet I ordered from wish https://www.wish.com/product/5b5cd464ff666512b9871a11. It is a complete little module that can be directly connected to microcontrollers without worrying about freewheeling diodes and ampere consumption. There are similar modules available in the typical shops.
Does this one get hot after running for a long time? With a lot of the round magnets they seem to get hot after running for a time. Not sure if they are just over volting them or what but just thought that I would ask about the temp. I might just have to get a few of them. I have a few extra https://www.particle.io/ cell and mesh versions showing up soon for another project so going to test with them as well.
OrgasmAlley

Post by OrgasmAlley »

IMX, all of the little magnets of that construction produce a fair amount of heat at their rated voltage. I'm using one in an electromagnet handcuff design, and although it includes a substantial aluminum billet I've also included a small fan so it can run indefinitely. If you want one that does not, they're easy to come by in larger appliance relays, and of about the same strength... just strip away all of the relay-ish stuff and you've got a nice electromagnet.

Hard wiring a system like this is dead easy with I2C, but as long as you've got appropriate fail conditions that's very limiting compared to either Wifi or 2.4 gHz.

Nice work here... I really like the way you've visualized the control panel Generalerror!
thatthat21

Post by thatthat21 »

GeneralError wrote:Here is an image of the Node-RED control flow.
HB_Controlflow_600.jpg

Any way to get a better quality of that image? I can't seem to read any of the text in the flow.

Thank you
GeneralError

Post by GeneralError »

thatthat21 wrote:
GeneralError wrote:The magnet I ordered from wish https://www.wish.com/product/5b5cd464ff666512b9871a11. It is a complete little module that can be directly connected to microcontrollers without worrying about freewheeling diodes and ampere consumption. There are similar modules available in the typical shops.
Does this one get hot after running for a long time? With a lot of the round magnets they seem to get hot after running for a time. Not sure if they are just over volting them or what but just thought that I would ask about the temp. I might just have to get a few of them. I have a few extra https://www.particle.io/ cell and mesh versions showing up soon for another project so going to test with them as well.
I made a testrun for >3 hours. The magnet was constanty on and had to carry a little screw drive as weight. In my setup it is powered by the 3.3V of my ESP8266 board. The magnet was not even lukewarm.
GeneralError

Post by GeneralError »

thatthat21 wrote:
GeneralError wrote:Here is an image of the Node-RED control flow.
The attachment HB_Controlflow_600.jpg is no longer available

Any way to get a better quality of that image? I can't seem to read any of the text in the flow.

Thank you
Here is a full size image of the flow. Off course there are lots of details hidden in the scripts and configuration settings within the nodes. But it might allow an impression on how a Node-RED flow can be designed.
HB_Controlflow_1100.jpg