Video Randomizer (web based, beta)

Selfbondage software and other kinky developments

Moderators: Riddle, Shannon SteelSlave

lobster

Video Randomizer (web based, beta)

Post by lobster »

Hi,

during sessions I like playing random clips from my favourite collection of videos. Therefor I've created a web based Video Randomizer that I've just put online.

The basic idea is that you create a playlist by dropping videos you want to play during your session into the app. After you start your 'session', the player picks a random file from your playlist, picks a random point to start playing, and picks a random duration based on a min / max that you can tweak. This is repeated in an endless loop.

Please have a go, and let me know if you like it / works for you.

http://video-randomizer.s3-website-eu-w ... zonaws.com

A couple of things to know
  • your files are never uploaded
  • there is no tracking / analytics / cookies
  • probably there are bugs
Shannon SteelSlave

Re: Video Randomizer (web based, beta)

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

I'll give this one a try later. Sounds like it could also be used as a scenario generator, that is, if the user is willing and capable of what is in each video in the playlist.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
itami

Post by itami »

I have tested with different video file types. It works amazing, but not all video formats are supported. Below is the list of the tested files:

Supported:
.mp4
.mov

Unsupported:
.rm
.mpg
.wmv
Shannon SteelSlave

Welcome to Bound Anna, Itami. Let me know if I can be of help. Shan'
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
👠👠
itami

Post by itami »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:Welcome to Bound Anna, Itami. Let me know if I can be of help. Shan'
Thank you! To tell the truth I've been reading this forum for some years, it's just the first time I wanted to post something.
Shannon SteelSlave

That describes a lot of us. I hope to hear from you again, if you want.
👠👠
lobster

Post by lobster »

itami wrote:I have tested with different video file types. It works amazing, but not all video formats are supported.
Hi Itami, welcome to the forum and I'm glad it works on your machine.

The software uses the <video> element to playback your files. Unfortunately, HTML5 does not specify which video and audio formats browsers should support. In the beginning there where attempts to find a codec that is both technically good enough and free of royalties, but that didn't work out. As a result, browser makers are free to choose which formats to support. This often also depends on the underlying operating system and/or hardware capabilities - a video that play on macOS/Safari won't necessary play on Opera Mini for your Blackberry. Next to that, video compression is technically (and legally) horribly complicated and riddled with the marks of history.

From what I gather, the most widely supported combination seems to be H.264 for the video stream, AAC or MP3 for the audio stream, wrapped into an .mp4 container. But other formats, as you discovered, may work as well. I'm currently not checking the file type, but I might add a check later.