Chastity and writing lines/grounding

Selfbondage software and other kinky developments

Moderators: Riddle, Shannon SteelSlave

teasemeplease

Chastity and writing lines/grounding

Post by teasemeplease »

I am not a programmer or scripter, so do not even know where to start with this.

I currently use the Android app "Time Lock for Images" to hide a picture of a combination lock, which locks the key to my chastity device for a set period of time.

I use the software "Fond of Writing" and Grounded for self-punishment sessions. It would be intense if the functionality of the punishment sessions and chastity time lock could be combined.

Fond of Writing generates a report with a signature that cannot be modified, which looks like:

<Start of report>
FondOfWriting Version 1.24

Text : I must type these lines before I am released from chastity.
Hide text : no
Reverse text : no
Distractions : never

Start time: 2019/8/30 17:37:35
Duration : 1 minute(s) 27 second(s)
Typed submissions : 5
Faulty submissions : 0
Longest breaks between two submissions :
20 second(s) from 17:37:35 to 17:37:55
17 second(s) from 17:37:55 to 17:38:12
17 second(s) from 17:38:12 to 17:38:29

<Signature>
F1DFEBE52BD6D77EAB9A3CD8870E6A1A
<End of report>

Grounded generates a report that looks like:

<Start of report>
You're Grounded! 0.7 1-Nov-2008

Grounded 3 minute(s).
From 1 to 1 minutes between popups
with 3 seconds to respond.

Start Time: 12:26:54 30-Aug-2019

Full report:
12:26:57 - **ERR** No button pressed
12:27:58 - **ERR** Specified: C; Pressed: B
12:29:01 - Specified: B; Pressed: B

End Time: 12:29:54 30-Aug-2019
<Signature>
70a78640253fa849774e31e10df84415
<End of report>

The idea would be to have the app verify that the Fond of Writing or Grounded report is valid prior to releasing the image of the lock. Would anyone be able to help me out with where to start?

Thanks!
Blacky

Re: Chastity and writing lines/grounding

Post by Blacky »

Are the signature strings specific for the program or are they specific for each report.
If the latter is the case I might at least have an idea, whilst I still would have to tinker quite a lot to make things work. If they don't change, my only idea would be related to the timestamps, but they could be faked far more easily, and it seems that you want to prevent cheating?!
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. (W. Blake)
sweh

Post by sweh »

Typically these signatures are so the dominant can verify the report is unchanged and are specific to the content of the report.

From the FoW site:
The tool allows to verify the integrity of a report and its signature with the help of the verify dialog. The mistress marks the report received within a mail, copies this part to the clipboard (usually Ctrl-C or menu Edit/Copy), opens the verification dialog and pastes the report with the help of the paste button into the verification form. The tool will then recompute the signature of the report and decide whether this is identical to the one contained in the report.
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

sweh wrote:Typically these signatures are so the dominant can verify the report is unchanged and are specific to the content of the report.

From the FoW site:
The tool allows to verify the integrity of a report and its signature with the help of the verify dialog. The mistress marks the report received within a mail, copies this part to the clipboard (usually Ctrl-C or menu Edit/Copy), opens the verification dialog and pastes the report with the help of the paste button into the verification form. The tool will then recompute the signature of the report and decide whether this is identical to the one contained in the report.
Thanks, sweh. :hi:
That's pretty much what I'd try to exploit, too.
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. (W. Blake)
teasemeplease

Post by teasemeplease »

The reports are program-specific, taking all of the text of the report and creating a signature that can be verified with the program. If you change one character in the report, the signature will no longer verify. While they appear to be written similarly I verified that FOW reports will not verify in Grounded and vice-versa, so they are using a different algorithm to generate the signature.

The aspects of each app that I mentioned that I like:

Fond Of Writing:
Disables copy/paste
Allows you to backspace and correct a typo in a line before you hit submit
Can be set for number of lines, time, or both
Generates a report that is verifiable

one drawback of FOW is that you don't necessarily have to finish the task. If the task is for 100 lines and you cancel after just one, the report will read that you typed one line, and will generate a signature that verifies.

You are correct, my desire is to prevent cheating before being allowed to view the photo of the combination lock.

Grounded
Locks screen, mouse and keyboard until it wants you to respond
Incorrect or too slow responses are reported
Generates a report that is verifiable

Time Lock for Images (Android)
Won't start a session or release image unless NTP servers are available
Can take image within application. Center of image is blocked out so you can be sure you have a clear picture of the hasp of the lock, while the combination in the center is not visible. It also calculates the clarity of the image and lets you know if you should retake. No need to take picture in photos, upload, delete, retreive, etc.
Can add time, but not reduce time.
Time can be as set, or you can also choose random up to that length.

The reason I like all three of these apps is because I have not found a way to cheat any of them. I have looked at things like sexscripts but it is too easy to cheat.
OneAndOnlyOdin

Removed

Post by OneAndOnlyOdin »

Removed
Last edited by OneAndOnlyOdin on 12 Jan 2022, 13:02, edited 1 time in total.
RIP Odin - Odin was killed to make place for other things. This forum will forever be a part of Odin's soul.
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

OneAndOnlyOdin wrote:I was looking for this typing application but could not find where to download it also it seems to be written for windows only so I could not even use it even if I wanted to since I dont have windows.
Research showed up a similar software only as a website thought Id share here so others like me looking for something similar have an easier time finding it: https://writeforme.org in this case its a website so it runs everywhere (well on macOS, Linux and Widnows not on iOS or Android).
Fond of Writing can be downloaded as a zip archive here: http://cedargmx.tripod.com/fow.htm
I'm still trying to find a source for grounded though...
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Teachers could have used this instead of staying after class to monitor students writing that they will do or stop doing something. I hope the Simpsons don't use the idea though, it would ruin the opening intro.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

I am about to give up on at least two of three fronts.

My idea was to write an additional program/app that would, more or less, "wrap itself around" the other three programs.
What it should have done is:

-> Receive feedback, that there is a locked picture.
-> Start Grounded / FoW with a preloaded task readied. Receive the original validation string already at this stage, but invisible to user.
-> Receive the Grounded / FoW feedback report.
-> Compare the validation string.
-> (additional idea: If FoW reports mistakes add penalty, e.g. prolonged time, additional lines...)
-> When everythings done properly, unlock the picture

My problems currently are:

1. I can't find a source for Grounded
2. I can't get my hands on the validation string of FoW prior to the completed execution of tasks given in FoW, thus can't externally verify them.

I will also not have too much time to put into this within the next couple of weeks, so maybe some better programmers can get their hands on this.
My hope is, that my approach could at least help.

Best regards and best of luck(!)

Blacky
lobster

Post by lobster »

Hi Blacky,

short of reverse engineering or de-compiling the tools, I don't think there is a way to 'guess' how these signatures are calculate. Judging by the length of the signature it's probably an MD5 hash. The tool likely will take your report. and (internally) add some unknown characters (called salting) before calculating the signature. But exactly what and how - that is the secret sauce ment to stay secret, otherwise one could simple generate a signature and thus cheat.
OneAndOnlyOdin

Removed

Post by OneAndOnlyOdin »

Removed
Last edited by OneAndOnlyOdin on 12 Jan 2022, 13:02, edited 1 time in total.
RIP Odin - Odin was killed to make place for other things. This forum will forever be a part of Odin's soul.
lobster

Post by lobster »

Yeah there are some magic strings in the .exe file and, perhaps, with some poking around we might even be able to figure it out. That being said, even if we lock down the validation algorithm, I don't see a way to combine these two applications,. And it might be easier to write a new one.

A basic application for writing lines should not be very difficult. Preventing copy/paste can be done by attaching an event handler and checking for the right key codes. This is also how http://writeforme.org operates. (they also obfuscate the scripts, making it harder to cheat)

Capturing an image in a way you're not able to figure out the code is going to be a bit harder. Especially since it is nice to have an indication of sharpness/quality, and you don't want to see the code. This probably requires creating (and publishing) an app, as a webcam input on many phones give the default camera view which can't be modified with, for instance, a blur over the center.

One other line of thought that I had, is to wire-up an electronic magnet lock to the internet. Using an ESP32, it should not be difficult to link this to a backend and periodically check if it's ok to release - preferably operating on a battery for failover.

This combination could be fun. Happy to prototype some stuff
dncarac

Post by dncarac »

Hi,

I was surprised to find such a recent thread on FOW and Grounded. I wrote Grounded and an FOW replacement TypeLines!. Unfortunately they were written in a language so obscure and hard that I don't know it anymore. I am working on a new replacement for FOW using a more modern language. I'm old and retired, so there is no fast-track for it. I'm just enjoying myself.

The reason I posted here is to gather some ideas for next versions of TypeLines. One of the advances I've programmed in the first version is unlimited lines, and titles and messages for the typing dialog, and unlimited titles and messages for the distration dialogs. I had planned on adding opening screens and closing screens - different closing screens for perfect, allowed but not perfect, and unacceptable performances. I am also hoping for a program which will work on Windows, Linux and Mac, and which can be launched with parameters, meaning you can launch FOW with a task passed to it. This would allow it to be launched from another program. Grounded is next in line.

I am interested in other suggestions ... especially from people who will actually use the program.

Den
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Hey Den, and welcome. Send me a Private Message so I can get you where you need to go. See you soon. Shan'
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Welcome to BoundAnna, dncarac and enjoy your stay.