[Arduino] Automatic random intensity change using relays

Selfbondage software and other kinky developments

Moderators: Riddle, Shannon SteelSlave

swswl

Re: [Arduino] Automatic random intensity change using relays

Post by swswl »

How about going further than simply on or off? First take a look at this informative and hilarious video:
https://youtu.be/fyuv3WXPQsM

I got a cheap knockoff from the usual suspects and stripped the insides to replace the AC-DC with arduino based controls. An external power source and a transistor circuit (with snubber diode) is all it took (draws about 500mA max) to drive it with PWM.

I created an arduino library to give the vibrations lots of different patterns. Code can be found here: https://github.com/swswl/wave

Works like charm. Next step is to integrate a pressure sensor on an inflatable butt plug for an edging machine. I got all the hardware, but unfortunately my plug doesn't keep the pressure so I'm waiting on some other stuff to fix this.

I also put together a low-pass filter and envelope follower circuit to detect bass in CH videos. Works good for videos with strong bass :) I could share code and schematics if anybody is interested.
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Cool work. Send me a private message, swswl. We should talk.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
Rpzor

Post by Rpzor »

lj wrote:To answer the question of altering EStim levels you could use relays or MOSFETs, both readily switchable by an Arduino or any microprocessor, to bring in various resistance paths. Digital potentiometers are unsuitable, as they have quite low working voltages and usually very low current capability - they are generally used as volume controls or to set reference levels rather than control current.
I would not prefer MOSFETs as they are non-linear and are galvanicaly connected to the control circuit. I think a regular mechanical relay is the best option .

Anyways sorry, I did not notice the interest in the project, nor that it got deleted. Risking re-deletion I have uploaded it to the same site as I find it easiest. But if it gets deleted again, just contact me via a message and (eventually) I will reply. Here is the link to the (hopefully original version of the) code:
https://ufile.io/y1s953zm
And how many ohms need resistors?
Like I said in the original post:
As I said I will not post any part values as kind of a safety part. A skilled electric engineer wont have any problems finding correct parts and calculating it so it works. And I am not talking just about switching and the resistors for the intensity change, but also let’s say the base resistors so that the transistor operates reliably without burning out.
Its kind of a simple "safeguard" so that anyone putting this together has to at least do some study. If you do not know what values to use, its better you not make any electricity related devices, especially those that can be connected to your body possibly when you are selfbound. Even though its a simple device, I spent a lot of time verifying it before I first used it in my session.
Shannon SteelSlave

Hey Rpzor. Send me a Private Message.I think I can help you.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
👠👠
rmcingle

Post by rmcingle »

lj wrote:
Apparently a TENS can be 350V 0.7A ( https://www.tmjtherapyandsleepcenter.co ... e-current/ )
I find it very scary to think a company could actually publish this complete rubbish.

They state that their TENS is safe, producing a pulse of 350v with an available current of 700mA, and then saying this is fine because a house circuit breaker is set to trip at around 20 amps, this being considered a safe current.
I looked at the website from the link above and read something entirely different than what you apparently did.
Their comparison to the power available from the AC mains of the house was, in my opinion, a very poor way of illustrating their point. What I read from it was that their Tens unit delivers a very small amount of power compared to what could be obtained from the wall outlet. They were also pointing out that the circuit breaker wouldn't protect you.

I have worked on circuits that were similar to Tens, specifically muscle simulators (lazy exercisers). The units I have worked with wouldn't go above 85 volts. None of them would deliver 700 milli-amps under any circumstances. Typically, the current was limited to a very low value, and the voltage allowed to increase to the point where that current would flow.

I haven't experimented with options for reducing the intensity, but I would be surprised if a simple resistor divider worked as you would want.

The idea of taking a simple servo motor from a RC car or similar and using that to twist the knob seems feasible. The servo motor typically operates of a PWM signal, which is easy to generate from many of the micro-controllers available.
Shannon SteelSlave

Look for high torque servos. they should be operating on 3.7 volts. A throttle/brake servo will return to middle position at rest, but can be set on the transmitter to allow the finger trigger to start it almost 3/4 of the way toward throttle (a 50% pull on the trigger for throttle, 50% push for braking, but some radios have a 70/30 setting that may set the start point of the servo elsewhere, may need some trial and error to see which where and what this does to alter the end result) whereas a steering servo will start in the middle, call it "50" position at rest, 0 or 100 achieved by turning the steering wheel.
Switched channel triggers can be added for simple on/off devices, but must be thrown twice, that is, switch position A to position B, then B to A for 1 on/off cycle, then A to B 2 more times to cycle again. At any rate, 2 flicks of the toggle on the transmitter controller for 1 On/off cycle. If you need the proper name of those remote triggers, I can find it. They also have some that a number of cycles will also pulsate the circuit. Too much for me to describe, I would rather copy and paste it if needed.
👠👠