Sleeping while in bondage

"Normal bondage" with a partner. Post here if your post do not fit the selfbondage threads.
Keyless

Re: Sleeping while in bondage

Post by Keyless »

RADER123 wrote:Keyless;

Good luck with your nights.
Thanks for your good wishes. I have tried sleeping with hands behind, but it's certainly not easy. It could possibly be dangerous I think. The other problems, from my point of view, would be that I would need the loo long before morning if I could not sleep. My hands would need to be secured somehow otherwise I would need a chastity device. Unfortunately we haven't got anywhere to keep a cage. If those points were dealt with I'd be quite happy for Mistress to lock me up in a cage like that. I'm sure she would make sure I was warm and comfortable enough to sleep and also safe. Depending on how I was secured, it might give more freedom of movement than I have in bed.
lugnuts

Post by lugnuts »

I used to sleep in bondage.

I'd dress in crotchless underwear (I like the 'helpless to resist' thing) and sometimes in a garter belt and hose, or sometimes a babydoll or a lacy pregnoir.
I had a collar, tall but not quite a posture collar, with a stiff ruffle. I'd put on padded cuffs on ankles and wrists.

I had a waterbed with a pulley attached in each corner at the bottom with a long nylon rope through it. One end ran to a snap hook under the covers for anklets. The other end up to the head of the bed under the covers. There was a similar arrangement at the head of the bed. The free end of all four ropes ran through a four rope pulley at the center of the headboard and the leg ones though a ratcheting cleat (from a sailboat supplier). I'd pull the ropes down for legs, and apart they'd go, and I'd slide down, then pull the free end of the arm ropes together and tie them together. That left me with enough play that I was guaranteed I could untie in the morning. I also had a scissor like tool for cutting metal that I kept in the bed, and I could get the cuff buckles undone with a little work, so I felt this was safe. Spreadeagled like this, I had lots of freedom to move my hands over my head, but the only restful position was with them straight out to the sides. I found it hard to sleep this way, and eventually mostly tied the rope longer, so I could read in bed and sleep with my hands on my chest.

When it was warm enough I'd sleep atop the covers, with the ropes exposed. That increased the sense of vulnerability.

Sometimes I'd do it differently.

I like big heavy chains. Besides the symbolics, they can 'train' you to do what they want, just by being heavy and hard to hold up. So sometimes I'd run chains from my ankles to the corners, and then run a chain from an eye at center of footboard to under my cleavage, and lock my hands to the end. For something a little stricter, I had an exercise weight, a heavy steel ball with a handle I could lock near my wrists- that REALLY made me not want to move - but it idn't work well with the water bed.

Sometimes I'd experiment. Buttplug and/or dildo. High heels (that hurt, I'm not actually into pain, and I was afraid I'd poke a hole in the waterbed). I ran a rope across the bed halfway down and around my waist - too hard to sleep that way. I took some long lengths of ribbon and ran them between my legs and tied them to the headboard. They rubbed on my you know what and made me pretty aroused. Didn't get much sleep, but didn't regret it much. :shock: :D

I never did 'real' SB, where I couldn't get out immediately, for sleep. I reserved that for other times when I was more focused and more alert. And if I needed to tinkle, well, I got up and tinkled.
Ano

Post by Ano »

Little update, i got a set of lether hand and leg cuffs.
The quality is awesome, they feel nice, but the placement of the holes is just won't fit me, on the tightest i can go with, i just loose enugh to allow me to slip my hands out.
Currently trying to get the "factory" to make a set with different locking positions.
We will see.
I'am still sleeping in them all the time.
I'll update if somethings happen.
Natale

Post by Natale »

@ Ano,
Possibly the cuffs are simply too large for a good fit, but if it's just a matter of the hole positions you can quickly fix that with a leather punch.
Sir Cumference

Post by Sir Cumference »

I agree with Natale.

Every household needs a leather punch.
Image from: http://www.sstack.com/Stable_Barn-Suppl ... her-Punch/
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~
Ano

Post by Ano »

I'am affraid there's not enugh space bethwen two holes to take a third one.
See picture below.
Attachments
DSC_0254 (6)_mini.jpg
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

The easiest solution is to just wear something under the restraints, so the space is less filled.

For example, I used a piece of paper towel, rolled it up a few times and used duct tape to securely tape it in place. The effect had 2 things happen. 1, the restraints are a bit softer which is nice because it was cutting in my flesh before, now it doesn't, and 2, the space increases so now the holes perfectly fit and everything feels secure instead of loose.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
Ano

Post by Ano »

Slave_L wrote:The easiest solution is to just wear something under the restraints, so the space is less filled.

For example, I used a piece of paper towel, rolled it up a few times and used duct tape to securely tape it in place. The effect had 2 things happen. 1, the restraints are a bit softer which is nice because it was cutting in my flesh before, now it doesn't, and 2, the space increases so now the holes perfectly fit and everything feels secure instead of loose.
I got your idea, but there are few problems, i'm using this one while i am sleeping, and i wouldn't mind if i have some space on my wrists.
My problem is, that my hands are not much larger than my wrists, it makes it easy for me to slip out of many ties.
luckly handcuffs still works. :)
So tapeing it up for every night is not an option.
But it looks like the factory is willing to help.
I'll kepp you updated.
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

If handcuffs still work, you could put on handcuffs and place the restraints behind it. not only would the restraints have to be passed your hands but the handcuffs as well.

Another option that may work is buying another pair of restraints and use them above your elbow. Then tie those restraints with rope to the ones on your arm. The rope will prevent you from taking them off your arm, and from your arm you can secure them to wherever you want so you can be comfortable. The additional cuffs will most likely arouse you even more.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
Ano

Post by Ano »

Got you again, and actually i brought a set of ankle cuffs as well. Mainly to have them around my elbows to tie them together. Get them tied when i have a helper.
And yes i have handcuffs they work Ofc, but for overnight i'am searching for something more confortable.
That's why i am gone to leather cuffs.
It turned out they can't make them with different sizes.
So i have an idea. Gona stretch the leather, need to be pulled and heated up a bit. Tomorrow I'll try it. I need just a little extra to be able to use the 2. Hole from then it will be good.
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

I have both leather cuffs and 2" wide steel shackles, I actually prefer the steel shackles for comfort over the leather cuffs. After a while, the steel shackles warm up to my body temperature and I can almost forget that im wearing them, apart from being inescapably bound. :wink:

You can even have them made in an oval shape to your wrist size for a perfect fit. If handcuffs work, then steel shackles should too.

I need to get my ankle shackles made oval though. since I got round ones that are a bit too big, they rotate a bit and cause pressure points. But a good fitting set (like my wrist shackles) will disperse the contact area making it more comfortable.
For those that get it, no explanation is needed. For those that don't, no explanation is possible.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn" - i can relate to this more and more the older i get!
Ano

Post by Ano »

Working on it:
Optimized-DSC_0261.JPG
I had it like this for 10 hour, wasn't enugh, now i try it again, but next to heat for the full night.
We will see in the morning.
Ano

Post by Ano »

After few more night hanging, using everything from hot water to rubbing alcohol i managed to streatch it to be long enugh.
And today i had my first seriuos self bondage attempt with them.
What i did is:
Tied my feet, my toes, my knees together.
Used the legg cuffs, and a rope to tie my elbows together.
It's not very strict but i worked.
Legcuffs was running from my feet tie to my hands.
The cuffs where connected together a very a storng ziptie, and the bluetooth padlock.
Ball gag and blindfold.

Had a good 30-40 minutes struggle, i was trying to free my toes, with no succes.
could't move my feet at all, that tie was very succesfull.
But later i had an idea. i started to rotate the cuff arround my wrist.
And that helped me to brake the ziptie.
So i was free one and half our early.
But for safety backup i had the keys for the small locks loking my handcuffs, and the legcuffs keept in the timed safes.
After i was free i could not remove the handcuffs from my wrist for an another one and half our! :)
Was fun, but next time i'll use thumbcuffs to connect the leather cuff to the lock and to to the other cuff.
That way it will be totaly inescapable.
ticklemee

Post by ticklemee »

I had a similar experience with a set of leather cuffs, one cuff was just a touch too big at the tightest hole, so I put the cuff through a sock with the toes cut out and then locked it on which made for a snug (and quite cozy and inescapable :D ) fit.

My experience with sleeping in bondage has been pretty good, I've done it a few times on the first night of an upcoming long weekend. Here's what I do:

1. Get dressed up in tights +/- dance belt depending on how sadistic I'm feeling and a dress. I don't use covers while bound so these keep me warm as well as incredibly turned on/frustrated.
2. Use soft hospital restraints on my ankles tethering them to the corners of the bed but not too tight (about 18-24 inches apart or so)
3. A chain wraps around the bottom of my queen mattress and locks to a cloth belt that wraps around my waist. This keeps my torso anchored down to the center of the bed and allows for anchoring points for my wrists.
4. On go my locking leather wrist restraints (with the sock as described above to keep them secure. I padlock my left wrist to the chain that wraps under the bed using a keyed lock.
5. I padlock my right wrist using a short connecting chain to the chain which wraps under the bed using a combination lock. It is dark when I do this so I am unable to see the numbers to unlock myself until daylight.
6. In case I really need to get out, a key to the padlock to my left wrist is in the foot of a few pairs of Wolford pantyhose. I have a small pair of scissors available to cut them to get the key. This would be almost unthinkable to destroy those hose so I'm definitely down for the night once the combo lock clicks.

My hands are kept several inches from my body and with the addition of the waistbelt, there is absolutely no way to touch myself at night. It is absolutely maddening at times but I haven't been able to escape yet and haven't died of frustration either :rofl:
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Ano wrote:...
But later i had an idea. i started to rotate the cuff arround my wrist.
And that helped me to brake the ziptie.
So i was free one and half our early.
Instead of using thumbcuffs, add a ball-bearing swivel somwhere between your wristcuffs and the tie-off point.
I hope that the translation "ball-bearing swivel" is right? It's basically a pair of swivels, connected by a bearing. They can withstand quite some load along the center axis, but can just as well rotate freely around that axis. You'll find them where you can buy sailing supplies, sometimes also at fishing-supply stores.

If you connect one end towards your wristcuff(s) and the other to the tie off point you can rotate your wrist as much as you like, the ties just wont break, as the swivel is going to compensate the rotation completely. That's just what they are made for, anyways (compensating rotation in ropes, not selfbondage, obviously?).
The drawback on keeping the ties from breaking is the loss of an alternative release method, though. Keep that in mind when designing your escape strategies.
Have fun, hope this helps :hi:

In order to prevent misunderstandings: Here's an example of what I mean (, although this specific swivel does not contain any ball bearings :oops: ):
Attachments
wirbel-gabel-auge.jpg
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. (W. Blake)