Sleeping while in bondage

"Normal bondage" with a partner. Post here if your post do not fit the selfbondage threads.
rhino9905

Sleeping while in bondage

Post by rhino9905 »

I was wondering if anyone is able to sleep while in bondage or selfbondage. IVe tried some light self bondage, nothing to restrictive and with quick releases incase I need to get out in a hurry, but ive found it a little difficult to sleep past an hour or at all, Usually I have on my leather ankle and wrist cuffs, posture collar, and a leather corset. I have slept in the posture collar in the past but nothing more than 5 hours. Any feedback welcomed.
Tenderfoot88

Re: Sleeping while in bondage

Post by Tenderfoot88 »

I've tried it a couple of times and had best success when tied in a position that's more or less equal to how I sleep normally. I've also read that it takes a few nights to get used to.

You definitely need to be going for a relaxed position - a loose ball tie (if you sleep in fetal position) or spread eagle (if you sleep on your back or your front), for instance. The closest thing you'll get to it in strict bondage is passing out, which is probably not a good idea.
RADER

Post by RADER »

It takes lots of practice to sleep in bondage. Try just leg cuffs first, then add the wrist restraint.
A corset takes a long time to get use to, so adding that would be after you concurred all
the rest of the restraints.
Good luck.
Rae
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

I've tried it too, and it's very difficult for me, not because of discomfort, but because of the distraction.

It's distracting enough to make it difficult to go to sleep.

Once (and if) I do get to sleep, it messes with my subconscious and makes me dream some very vivid, very intense and very erotic dreams. I wake up extremely aroused. :shock:

Then it's the challenge of going back to sleep again even after I've untied myself. Not a very effective method of getting some rest.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
natq

Post by natq »

I can sleep in leg cuffs, but currently I cannot do it with my hands restrained. Maybe if I was really tired and sleep deprived (this calls for some experimentation).
The last time I tried it I locked the cuffs one and froze the keys beforehand in to a block of ice. Emergency release was bolt cutters and emt shears.
I was able to sleep, but only a few eye fulls at the time.
Without retrained hands I can sleep the whole night.

It just takes some practice, like said before 8)
bobbi

Post by bobbi »

with enough practice you'll end up like me - having a hard time sleeping with *out* bindings. makes traveling hell, lol.
Tenderfoot88

Post by Tenderfoot88 »

As long as you're sleeping in a separate room, it's not that big of a problem. There are a few restraint systems that are pretty easy to deploy and fold up to take very little room in your suitcase. The "Under the Bed Restraint System" is one of the more creatively named examples.
TdAdvtrs

Post by TdAdvtrs »

This thread got me thinking of trying the combo locks can't see the numbers in the dark method of being chained to bed for the night, I don't know if I would just accept that Im stuck and sleep like some sort of fun campout in kinky land or would I be up all night feeling panicky about my situation waiting for first light to hurry up so I can open the locks. I guess it would be both wrists above my head and one ankle to the bed frame, a total no escaper but I could roll over and still get comphy.
"Tied Adventures" that was the idea behind this screen name.
Riddle

Post by Riddle »

TdAdvtrs wrote:This thread got me thinking of trying the combo locks can't see the numbers in the dark method of being chained to bed for the night,...
I find it difficult to find a padlock that cannot be either seen or felt to undo at night if the sun is a back-up release. If those didn't work, I go through the numbers hoping to get lucky. Not a good way for me to sleep.
Resident timer maker. :hi:
Let’s make timers together!
Keyless

Post by Keyless »

I slept in bondage for a while. I would lock myself in at night and would have to wait for my wife to let me out in the morning. At first we used handcuffs and chains, but she complained about the noise. We then used straps made of webbing about 1 inch wide. The cuffs on my legs were secured with the sort of buckles which click together. They are often used on rucksacks. They don't look that strong, but I could not break them and they were very quick to fit. They were joined by a length of webbing which passed through a loop attached to the foot of the bed. This allowed me to bend one leg a little if I straightened the other. My hands were attached separately to the bed head by straps of fixed length. The straps were as short as practicable. Lying in bed with one leg slightly bent, my hands would not go below my shoulders. I had just enough freedom to turn over. Normally I went to sleep without a problem. If I disturbed my wife or stopped her getting to sleep, she would get up, grab the whip, which was always handy, and order me to turn over onto my stomach. I would receive a few strokes and the command “go to sleep”. Oddly enough that actually worked and I was able to get to sleep more easily.
TdAdvtrs

Post by TdAdvtrs »

Riddle wrote:
TdAdvtrs wrote:This thread got me thinking of trying the combo locks can't see the numbers in the dark method of being chained to bed for the night,...
I find it difficult to find a padlock that cannot be either seen or felt to undo at night if the sun is a back-up release. If those didn't work, I go through the numbers hoping to get lucky. Not a good way for me to sleep.
That would be impossible with those combo locks with the rotating spin right left right dial , but ya with the 000-999 locks escape is way possible.
TdAdvtrs

Post by TdAdvtrs »

Keyless wrote:I slept in bondage for a while. I would lock myself in at night and would have to wait for my wife to let me out in the morning. At first we used handcuffs and chains, but she complained about the noise. We then used straps made of webbing about 1 inch wide. The cuffs on my legs were secured with the sort of buckles which click together. They are often used on rucksacks. They don't look that strong, but I could not break them and they were very quick to fit. They were joined by a length of webbing which passed through a loop attached to the foot of the bed. This allowed me to bend one leg a little if I straightened the other. My hands were attached separately to the bed head by straps of fixed length. The straps were as short as practicable. Lying in bed with one leg slightly bent, my hands would not go below my shoulders. I had just enough freedom to turn over. Normally I went to sleep without a problem. If I disturbed my wife or stopped her getting to sleep, she would get up, grab the whip, which was always handy, and order me to turn over onto my stomach. I would receive a few strokes and the command “go to sleep”. Oddly enough that actually worked and I was able to get to sleep more easily.
I get it, Kinda of cool how being restrained like that, at least in me, creates that like tranquility and feeling safe, self bondage is a trip but not the same as having a keeper.
AutumnLeFleur

Post by AutumnLeFleur »

I think that if you are going to sleep in bondage, I would recommend something nice and light to start with - such as a blindfold and comfortable gag. You don't want to go too overboard at first and then hurt yourself and you also need to think about mobility in case you have to get up in the middle of the night to use the restroom.

Have you ever thought of a spandex sleep sack? That might be just what you are looking for! :)

Gag Kisses,
Autumn :gag:
Keyless

Post by Keyless »

TdAdvtrs wrote:I get it, Kinda of cool how being restrained like that, at least in me, creates that like tranquility and feeling safe, self bondage is a trip but not the same as having a keeper.
I have seen a few posts where people have said that they find bondage relaxing. I certainly do. I have to be sure that the only ways out are the intended release or the emergency release, otherwise I turn my mind to escaping rather than relaxing. Also, yes, there is something special about having the right keeper in charge.
TdAdvtrs

Post by TdAdvtrs »

Keyless wrote: find bondage relaxing
It is the craziest thing , bondage can help me be "free" to relax for a wile .