Play Scenes: Public or Private?

"Normal bondage" with a partner. Post here if your post do not fit the selfbondage threads.

Which is better?

Public Dungeon or play space
23%
Private location or home
77%

Total votes: 43

Riddle

Play Scenes: Public or Private?

Post by Riddle »

I am curious which type of location do people prefer for bondage scenes: public dungeons (play spaces) or private locations (home, etc.)?
nitro
Retired Moderator

Re: Play Scenes: Public or Private?

Post by nitro »

My answer may skew the results. I have never played in public so my preference is private. Does not mean I would not like it if I tried it. :wink:
lj

Post by lj »

and I have skewed the result the other way :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have only ever "played" in public (ignoring SB activities :) )
Fesselfan

Post by Fesselfan »

I have done both and like both. So I can't cast a vote either :)
These two are simply different things, both have their own merrits.

Cheers
FF
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

depends on the mood & situation.

though i remember one outdoor-"session", if you can call it that, from 10 years ago vividly.

i was spending the day on the beach of the stechlinsee with my GF and some other friends.
*let me digress a bit for the nature-inclined members in here: the stechlinsee is located
in the former GDR (the communist german state). in 1950 they decided to make an experiment
with the stechlinsee. absolutely no kind of pollution was allowed in there. no motorboats, no waterdrains, no industry
in a 5 klick radius. no paved streets, etc. nature runs it's course there without any human intervention. it's the clearest water you'll ever see.*[/digress]

we were enjoying the water, sun & nature at a beach strip that is very narrow, only about 3-4 meters width. right after
the narrow path there was a steep incline, about 6-7 meters high, at the top of which a light forest began.
my Gf and i were climbing that incline and looking @ the forest when i had an idea. we ventured about 10 meters deep
in the forest. since the forest was light, anybody who climed the incline still had a clear view of us.

i told her to stand facefirst against a tree & spread her legs & hug the tree with her arms. i pulled down her panties, and tied her with them to the tree.
*okay not much of a tie, if you consider she only pushed one hand trough on pantyhole, i twisted the panty until i had to strech it strongly to get her other hand trough. but it served it's purpose.*

what followed was an intimate spanking, a lot of fondling, and some serious nippleplay, followed by good hump.
now, that situation was exciting, because any moment somebody could could climb the hill.

i seriously doubt the same thing would be as much fun in your own home.
onestrangeguy

Post by onestrangeguy »

It's always the possibility of Being caught, even if it's a relatively remote one, that makes a scenario most exciting. :wink:
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Private. I used to be a pillar of my community, and feel I could erase all of my work and standing if discovered, all for something that is my business alone. My private life and public image are 2 separate things. That is how it is staying.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
JIMDINI

Post by JIMDINI »

Private. I have no desire to put myself at the mercy of people I don't know.
Never confuse your ambitions with your abilities. If you can't free yourself, who will?
When your helpless, you have no choice but to wait.
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Definitely private. Sometimes I dream that I will go to a public dungeon, but I suspect that it will remain with dreams.
cbshackle

Post by cbshackle »

I have done both. Each had advantages and disadvantages. For suspension, public is better for hard points. My partner has a medical condition that makes it hard for her to tie rope so we play with a friend a lot in public dungeon space. (Miss that since COVID has shut public play down for a while.) When my partner and I want to get intimate with it, private is better.
:gag: Just a geeky and kinky girl :gag:
AllieXBow

Post by AllieXBow »

kinbaku wrote:Definitely private. Sometimes I dream that I will go to a public dungeon, but I suspect that it will remain with dreams.
What are the cons of going public? I feel like going YOLO and just doing it. I don't mind who sees me
Restrict one of your senses, you heighten the others. Close your eyes, you can hear better. What if you're unable to move, speak, nor see, yet only able to feel the pressure of the ropes tightly yet blissfully binding your body, how free must the mind be?
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

AllieXBow wrote:
kinbaku wrote:Definitely private. Sometimes I dream that I will go to a public dungeon, but I suspect that it will remain with dreams.
What are the cons of going public? I feel like going YOLO and just doing it. I don't mind who sees me
At the moment no one outside of BoundAnna knows what I do with BDSM. And I want to keep it that way. It also gives me a certain mystery: they suspect something, but don't know what.
I also have the secrecy in magic, so most blame it on that. :rofl:

I was once traveling in Italy and even there where people who recognized me. So I'm afraid if I go here to a dungeon or something like that, my secrecy is gone. :)

If I didn't enjoy the secrecy I create, then of course I wouldn't care about anyone as long as I don't give anyone else a problem. So no problem of going public with respect for the other people. :wink:
Shannon SteelSlave

One should also think of all possible consequences if they choose public. Everyone has cameras, information of all kinds is shared with more people and faster than ever before.
I would advise total privacy if your reputation can affect your career. I have heard of teachers, police, ect, jobs that have morals clauses that call for immediate dismissal if your acts are discovered and deemed injurious to the community. This goes double if you are applying for work or education, where a background scan may find these things. If someone you know finds a suspect picture of you online, they could tag it with your name, "magnetizing" investigators' searches.
If you are well established in a career, have no plans to change, you are subject to none or only routine background checks where they are not digging for dirt, and, a bad search would not affect your position, then maybe take some risks.
Remember that this is a flood gate you can not expect to close once opened. Your friends and family relationships may permanently be altered, as they need no legal grounds to exile you.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
👠👠
AllieXBow

Post by AllieXBow »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:One should also think of all possible consequences if they choose public. Everyone has cameras, information of all kinds is shared with more people and faster than ever before.
I would advise total privacy if your reputation can affect your career. I have heard of teachers, police, ect, jobs that have morals clauses that call for immediate dismissal if your acts are discovered and deemed injurious to the community. This goes double if you are applying for work or education, where a background scan may find these things. If someone you know finds a suspect picture of you online, they could tag it with your name, "magnetizing" investigators' searches.
If you are well established in a career, have no plans to change, you are subject to none or only routine background checks where they are not digging for dirt, and, a bad search would not affect your position, then maybe take some risks.
Remember that this is a flood gate you can not expect to close once opened. Your friends and family relationships may permanently be altered, as they need no legal grounds to exile you.
I think there are different degrees of whether you are private or public. You could be completely secretive and not interact with anyone outside of your own space, or on the other side, post all of your bondage pics on your social media and tell all your friends and colleagues. However I think I can be 'public' while still keeping it a private thing. Would you consider attending munches and doing some scenes at a club too risky?
Restrict one of your senses, you heighten the others. Close your eyes, you can hear better. What if you're unable to move, speak, nor see, yet only able to feel the pressure of the ropes tightly yet blissfully binding your body, how free must the mind be?
Shannon SteelSlave

I would think so. Anything done in front of others is no longer private. If that sort of thing is important to you. But then again, not living your life to its fullest is also depressing. Like I said, it may depend on the consequences of getting discovered that should help you make your decision. I am not trying to advise either way, but insist on weighing heavily on privacy because it is irreversible. People may be becoming more tolerant of deviant culture, but in the legal sense where occupation is concerned, feelings may have nothing to do with it.
I hope you get to go to the munches. But at least ask yourself, "What's the worst that can happen?"
👠👠