Relationship with more than 2

"Normal bondage" with a partner. Post here if your post do not fit the selfbondage threads.
Lotharjulz

Relationship with more than 2

Post by Lotharjulz »

I have been in a committed monogamous relationship for decade and generally only have had that type.

So after being caught by our maid (who turns out to be more of a sub) and my partner surprisingly wanting to explore that a little at first , and me getting hit on by another woman in a bar (who is a Dom apparently) recently while with my partner present who then started flirting a little with her back I'm starting to get a little nervous.

I'm feeling like I'm inadequate now to satisfy my partners needs and they are looking elsewhere. We had a discussion about the maid situation that we weren't interested in pursuing it farther and yet there are still talks about it arising (my partner claims the maid brought it up again).

Should I just go with the flow to avoid losing everything or should I take a stand and pray that doesn't break it up? Is there something I can be doing more to keep thing's interesting (role play ideas or otherwise?) I really just liked what I have but this seems to be changing out from under me. Maybe im just paranoid?

We have played with others on occasion when out and about at events, but this is the first time it has been insinuated to bring this "home". I do enjoy the variety one in a while, but this seems deeper than that.
Last edited by Lotharjulz on 30 Jul 2023, 23:24, edited 1 time in total.
Gregovic

Re: Relationship with more than 1

Post by Gregovic »

Lotharjulz wrote:I have been in a committed monogamous relationship for decade and generally only have had that type.

So after being caught by our maid (who turns out to be more of a sub) and my partner surprisingly wanting to explore that a little at first , and me getting hit on by another woman in a bar (who is a Dom apparently) recently while with my partner present who then started flirting a little with her back I'm starting to get a little nervous.

I'm feeling like I'm inadequate now to satisfy my partners needs and they are looking elsewhere. We had a discussion about the maid situation that we weren't interested in pursuing it farther and yet there are still talks about it arising (my partner claims the maid brought it up again).

Should I just go with the flow to avoid losing everything or should I take a stand and pray that doesn't break it up? Is there something I can be doing more to keep thing's interesting (role play ideas or otherwise?) I really just liked what I have but this seems to be changing out from under me. Maybe im just paranoid?

We have played with others on occasion when out and about at events, but this is the first time it has been insinuated to bring this "home". I do enjoy the variety one in a while, but this seems deeper than that.
Say nothing and hope for the best is imho most definitely not the best option. You might just be paranoid or the encounter with the maid might have given your partner new ideas he never had before. These might very all involve idea that he thinks could make things more interesting for you or his curiosity might have simply been piqued on new options. My opinion (though I don't know how much weight you should put on it as I'm a man in his mid 30s who's never had a relationship with a female past being friends) the most important thing you can have in a relationship is communication. Share these feelings and thoughts with your partner. He's the only one that in the end can tell you exactly what his thinking is and what his desires or wants are.

I can understand not wanting to blow up the relationship you have, but given your other posts I very much doubt you stating your fears and desires about these things I also very much doubt it would be the single thing that ends the whole thing.
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
Lotharjulz

Re: Relationship with more than 1

Post by Lotharjulz »

Last edited by Lotharjulz on 30 Jul 2023, 23:24, edited 2 times in total.
Shannon SteelSlave

Re: Relationship with more than 2

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

From what I have heard, poly is a stop gap to relationship end. By either party, from either party.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
Lotharjulz

Re: Relationship with more than 2

Post by Lotharjulz »