Recommendation for beginners

"Normal bondage" with a partner. Post here if your post do not fit the selfbondage threads.
ErinBound

Recommendation for beginners

Post by ErinBound »

My partner and I are looking for some new spice in our sex life

I want to buy some sex toys but we haven't decided yet.

Can anyone share some good recommendations, please

We've found some sex machines https://joynights.org/best-sex-machines/ (help us to choose) and also I will be very grateful if you recommend some ropes

Thank you everyone!
bound_jenny

Re: Recommendation for beginners

Post by bound_jenny »

I moved your topic here as it's not strictly a review topic but a request for recommendations.

There is a "shadow topic" at the former location pointing at this one.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

You have special hemp rope and shibari rope, but if you have no experience yet, it is better to go for normal flexible rope from a cheap (hardware) store. Pros and cons of each type at https://www.ropeconnections.com/kind-bo ... t-bondage/.
Choose a thickness of 6 to 10 mm (0.24-0.40 inch). Always make sure that you can still put 2 fingers between the rope and the skin.
That way you know if the rope tying suits you both.
EMT shears is also a good buy if you want to use ropes.

The same goes for the devices: use a regular wand vibrator first - like a hitachi wand vibrator or some from Lovense vibrators, before buying an expensive device that will simply remain in the closet afterwards because neither of you likes it.
My first vibrator was a 20 EUR (about 20 USD), which broke after 1 year, but that way I could experience what it felt like. (Even an electric toothbrush has capabilities :mrgreen: ).

If you like electricity, then a DG-lab is a good one. It has many options. But here too I first bought a simple Tens at a promotional offer in a regular department store (in Belgium: Aldi or Lidl).
ErinBound

Post by ErinBound »

kinbaku wrote:You have special hemp rope and shibari rope, but if you have no experience yet, it is better to go for normal flexible rope from a cheap (hardware) store. Pros and cons of each type at https://www.ropeconnections.com/kind-bo ... t-bondage/.
Choose a thickness of 6 to 10 mm (0.24-0.40 inch). Always make sure that you can still put 2 fingers between the rope and the skin.
That way you know if the rope tying suits you both.
EMT shears is also a good buy if you want to use ropes.

The same goes for the devices: use a regular wand vibrator first - like a hitachi wand vibrator or some from Lovense vibrators, before buying an expensive device that will simply remain in the closet afterwards because neither of you likes it.
My first vibrator was a 20 EUR (about 20 USD), which broke after 1 year, but that way I could experience what it felt like. (Even an electric toothbrush has capabilities :mrgreen: ).

If you like electricity, then a DG-lab is a good one. It has many options. But here too I first bought a simple Tens at a promotional offer in a regular department store (in Belgium: Aldi or Lidl).
Thanks!
lj

Post by lj »

Whilst ropes are very popular for bondage, they can also be time-consuming to achieve good results, and need practice to use them safely and effectively.

I would suggest some good-quality leather cuffs, lockable if you are going for inescapable bondage. Then go to your local DIY hardware store and get some light chain ( with welded links about 3/4" 15-20mm long) and some snap-links. Then look on EBay or perhaps a store and get 10 "keyed-alike" small padlocks. "Keyed alike" so you are not going to be in a panic when you have lost a key, also much quicker to release because, again, you don't need to find a special key. Chain is very secure and very quick to restrain your partner, equally quick to release.

Speed of release is vital, a sudden burst of cramp when restrained is extremely painful, let alone finding your partner is in agony from a badly set-up restraint. There's "good" pain for the masochist, but "bad pain" for everyone. EMT shears (or for those in the UK A&E shears) are inexpensive, have very sharp round nosed blades, and serrated on one blade, properties which make them the first choice for removing ropes in a hurry, or more or less any other restraint except metal ones. Do NOT be tempted to use ordinary household scissors just to save a few £/$

Personally, I wouldn't spend a lot of money on a sex machine - you can have a lots of fun with what Nature gave you, plus a few vibrating toys, insertable or external. Then try sensation play with gloves, soft, "vampire gloves" (with lots of small sharp points on the fingers and palms), pin-wheels, and that is before you try impact toys ranging from gentle to harsh. A good blindfold is useful, it's surprising how effective restricting one or more senses can be in enhancing others.

And as others will say, the most arousing sexual stimulation comes from the brain!
be a switch, double the fun :-)
Lisahs3

Post by Lisahs3 »

The advise given by the other members is very good and I agree with all of it.
Rope is fun and I personally like the way it looks but as lj said its time consuming both in preparing the scene and at the end of the scene.
Yesterday I had a 'quick' play on my own using tape and rope, I say a quick play because it took almost 40 minutes to setup things and then I had about 15 minutes of play time before I had to release myself and start working again ( I mostly work from home ) as my lunch time had ended. The tape was easy to remove because I just cut it and unwrapped it but I was working and still removing the rope harness I tied onto my body for a lot longer. Altogether I must have spent an hour tying myself up and then untying myself with only 15 minutes of fun. This is why I would recommend wrist and ankle cuffs. If you are starting out a relatively inexpensive set can be bought for under £30 on the internet. They are easy to use, quick to put on and take off. Also being a beginner its a good idea to try some of these more simple and modest types of bondage so you can explore an find out what you both like.
Another word of warning about rope is it can pinch and rub you. I love a nice snug fitting crotch rope and yesterday thats what I wanted. But feeling a little frisky I wanted it tight. I don't know about the boys but I think most girls would agree with me that as much fun as they are I highly recommend wearing some underwear and putting the rope over the top. Yesterday I wore a nice thong which protected my front parts quite well but my poor bum suffered and I was sore most of the afternoon. It felt nice at first but struggling and squirming around made it rub me. Lesson learned make it secure but that does not mean it has to be tight. As mentioned in another post make sure there is a gap of two fingers between the skin and the rope.

Bondage, kink and fetish play is such fun and really add a wonderful spark to those special moments with a loved one or even on your own. But please always be careful and respectful at all times, remember its playtime and despite the role playing that some people do its just that role playing.

Start off slow :D

Lisa