Armbinder recomendations?

"Normal bondage" with a partner. Post here if your post do not fit the selfbondage threads.
metalgatomon

Armbinder recomendations?

Post by metalgatomon »

Hi, a little new to the forums but lurked around for a bit. Everyone here seems to be pretty knowledgeable about bondage and bondage gear, so I thought this would be the best place to recommendations.

Recently got a cheap zip up, fake leather armbinder off ebay. It just barely fits and it's hard for someone to zip up, but feels really great to wear. Problem is the zipper slider is pretty cheap/weak and gets very stressed from the tight fit and loosens up to where it won't zip anymore. Fixing it is easy, but a pain to keep doing when it comes to the next session with it. I was wondering if anyone here had any recommendations for either better zip up armbinders, (and maybe one that's a little bigger). Or, if there's a way I can get a more durable zipper slider on this thing?
kinbaku

Re: Armbinder recomendations?

Post by kinbaku »

metalgatomon wrote:Hi, a little new to the forums but lurked around for a bit. Everyone here seems to be pretty knowledgeable about bondage and bondage gear, so I thought this would be the best place to recommendations.

Recently got a cheap zip up, fake leather armbinder off ebay. It just barely fits and it's hard for someone to zip up, but feels really great to wear. Problem is the zipper slider is pretty cheap/weak and gets very stressed from the tight fit and loosens up to where it won't zip anymore. Fixing it is easy, but a pain to keep doing when it comes to the next session with it. I was wondering if anyone here had any recommendations for either better zip up armbinders, (and maybe one that's a little bigger). Or, if there's a way I can get a more durable zipper slider on this thing?
Welcome metalgatomon.

Maybe you can make holes in the leather with this or revolverpliers and reinforce them with metal eylets. Then you can tie them together with a paracord rope like shoe with a shoelace. Knot the ends together at the hands first so that they form a loop that you can tighten behind a door handle at the correct tension for your shoulders.
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Welcome to Bound Anna, metalgatomon. Buying cheap gear is a good way to explore, so do feel like it was a waste of money. Lets you try out a bunch of stuff so you can figure out what you like, and then get better gear made of real materials.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:Welcome to Bound Anna, metalgatomon. Buying cheap gear is a good way to explore, so do feel like it was a waste of money. Lets you try out a bunch of stuff so you can figure out what you like, and then get better gear made of real materials.
I think Shannon did a typo there and meant "so, don't feel like it was a waste of money"
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Gregovic wrote:
Shannon SteelSlave wrote:Welcome to Bound Anna, metalgatomon. Buying cheap gear is a good way to explore, so do feel like it was a waste of money. Lets you try out a bunch of stuff so you can figure out what you like, and then get better gear made of real materials.
I think Shannon did a typo there and meant "so, don't feel like it was a waste of money"
hqdefault.jpg
That's right
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
metalgatomon

Post by metalgatomon »

kinbaku wrote: Welcome metalgatomon.

Maybe you can make holes in the leather with this or revolverpliers and reinforce them with metal eylets. Then you can tie them together with a paracord rope like shoe with a shoelace. Knot the ends together at the hands first so that they form a loop that you can tighten behind a door handle at the correct tension for your shoulders.
I'm having a bit of a hard time picturing the scenario here.
With my zip up armbinder, I'm able to put it on unzipped easily. Shoulder straps are easy to put on, then I just place my arms in the sleeve and use a string system to zip it up. If I were to get a lace up style armbinder, (getting a cheap one to mess with is easier/cheaper than modding the one I've got right now) I wouldn't be able get the shoulder straps on. Or if I put them on first, I can't lace up the armbinder then.
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

metalgatomon wrote:
kinbaku wrote:Maybe you can make holes in the leather with this or revolverpliers and reinforce them with metal eylets. Then you can tie them together with a paracord rope like shoe with a shoelace. Knot the ends together at the hands first so that they form a loop that you can tighten behind a door handle at the correct tension for your shoulders.
I'm having a bit of a hard time picturing the scenario here.
With my zip up armbinder, I'm able to put it on unzipped easily. Shoulder straps are easy to put on, then I just place my arms in the sleeve and use a string system to zip it up. If I were to get a lace up style armbinder, (getting a cheap one to mess with is easier/cheaper than modding the one I've got right now) I wouldn't be able get the shoulder straps on. Or if I put them on first, I can't lace up the armbinder then.
It was only an option to make it a lace-up version, but in this case a lace-down. :wink:
First your shoulders are put on, then the arms in the sleeve and then the zig-zag lace is pulled down using your hands. Then you make a knot in the lace so that a loop is created that you hang behind a doorknob or a hook so that you can tighten it more by removing your body from the doorknob.
That way you have an arm binder that is slightly looser than with the zipper.
metalgatomon

Post by metalgatomon »

kinbaku wrote: It was only an option to make it a lace-up version, but in this case a lace-down. :wink:
First your shoulders are put on, then the arms in the sleeve and then the zig-zag lace is pulled down using your hands. Then you make a knot in the lace so that a loop is created that you hang behind a doorknob or a hook so that you can tighten it more by removing your body from the doorknob.
Picturing this better. Unsure if I can get my arms into the sleeve here though, since I'd have to have it pre-laced, or partially pre-laced. Slipping them in through the top opening of the armbinder seems like it'd be kinda hard.
davisev5225

Post by davisev5225 »

metalgatomon wrote:
kinbaku wrote: It was only an option to make it a lace-up version, but in this case a lace-down. :wink:
Picturing this better. Unsure if I can get my arms into the sleeve here though, since I'd have to have it pre-laced, or partially pre-laced. Slipping them in through the top opening of the armbinder seems like it'd be kinda hard.
You can leave a good deal of slack in it so that the arm tube can be opened up quite a bit. It means you'll have a bundle of lacing to deal with once you've tightened it up, but that's the price to pay for safe solo play.
Jadit

Post by Jadit »

I do this for some hoods for example, punch a hole to some sturdy spot where the zipper ends. You can then lock the zipper with padlock. Since we're not talking self-bondage and i don't think you can pull them on you by yourself then yeah someone else can put padlock on.

Actually i did buy myself 1 armbinder but i could never put it on myself properly. It is with laces and it doesn't slip well at arms. The initial straps that are built to it are too tight for me to put on even at their loosest and if i managed to do that i might not get it off again...

So the problem i had with it was that it was too thin fabric, that makes it twist into itself when trying to pull it on. Something like sturdy thick leather wouldn't have that issue, or perhaps some oily latex. But that has its different problems.
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

I've done it in several versions using rope without using anything else. Usually using the door handle method to be able to tighten it.
So it is certainly possible to achieve this to do it alone, but always thinking carefully how you get loose again. For me it was usually the same door handle that I used as a wedge to undo the knots.
metalgatomon

Post by metalgatomon »

Welp. Zipper armbinder ended up breaking. Zipper snapped off along with the zipper stoppers. So we've ended up just ordering a lace up one now instead. Lacing it is a lot more work than just zipping it up, but at least lace is replaceable.
kinbaku wrote:I've done it in several versions using rope without using anything else. Usually using the door handle method to be able to tighten it.
So it is certainly possible to achieve this to do it alone, but always thinking carefully how you get loose again. For me it was usually the same door handle that I used as a wedge to undo the knots.
I'd be interested in seeing a pic or guide on how you make that knot you can hook onto the door knob.

But also, does anyone have picture or guide on how to lace up an armbinder? Neither of us has actually put in or done lacing for anything before.
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

metalgatomon wrote:I'd be interested in seeing a pic or guide on how you make that knot you can hook onto the door knob.

But also, does anyone have picture or guide on how to lace up an armbinder? Neither of us has actually put in or done lacing for anything before.
DoorhandleKnot.jpg
DoorhandleKnot.jpg (20.44 KiB) Viewed 2629 times
I just gather the 2 ends and tie them together with an overhand loop (like the first knot at the beginning of a crochet chain). Place the doorknob between the ends coming off your arms and tighten the laces. Then you can repeat this at a place closer to the hands to close the laces again.
Then make a square knot with the ends at a certain distance. Twist both ends in a figure eight around your wrists and finally the loop over one of your wrists. This can then be blocked with a padlock.

I have a version where I tie rope rings around each arm at different heights, then I start from the shoulders towards the hands, zig-zagging between the rope-rings around the left and right arm just like a shoelace. I can then tighten it more and more in the above manner and then conclude with the wrist binding described above.

Another method is with the Dragonfly knot. In figure 3 I put these first loops over my shoulders so that the loops don't sink down as I make the knots towards my hands. And the next one (figures 4-6) I also prepare before I put it on like a jacket, because it is difficult to tie the knot at the height of my shoulder blades.
DragonflySleeve.jpg
Another possibility: https://www.boundhub.com/videos/131749/ ... ow-bondage/ from 04:28.
At 09:07 she tightens her wrist cuffs in the same way as with the doorknob rope drawn above.
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

there is this one from bondage webbing. https://www.bondagewebbing.com/products ... f55399d1a2 even make an xl version and they are on sale. im actually thinking of getting one myself.
For those that get it, no explanation is needed. For those that don't, no explanation is possible.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn" - i can relate to this more and more the older i get!