The Cask of Amontillado

"Normal bondage" with a partner. Post here if your post do not fit the selfbondage threads.
Shannon SteelSlave

The Cask of Amontillado

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Some of you know what I have been up to this weekend, in between taking care of business here, so it may not come as a surprise that this thought came to mind. I read "The Cask of Amontillado" in school a million-billion years ago. I think I know what the take away should be, but I was more focused on the bondage aspect. I am intrigued at the thought of semi-permanent bondage, but I am not stupid enough to use mortar in any part of self bondage. Have you ever thought about this story in terms of bondage?
You can read the Poe story here : https://americanenglish.state.gov/files ... illado.pdf
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
Lotharjulz

Re: The Cask of Amontillado

Post by Lotharjulz »

Last edited by Lotharjulz on 30 Jul 2023, 23:00, edited 2 times in total.
Shannon SteelSlave

Love those cement shoe stories. But so impractical. I would imagine the escape involving smashing tools, and a lot of skin abrasion. We have a member here who wanted to do plaster play. I hope she gets to meet you, who has the experience.
How about a hot riveted ankle shackle? I got to get back to work. :(
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
👠👠
ruru67

Post by ruru67 »

"The Cask of Amontillado" was a student teacher's idea of a good thing to read to 10-year-olds at primary school. My kinks were already well established by then, so I can't really blame him for them, but it was memorable.

Re chipping oneself out of a block of plaster: do it in public and call it art.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:Have you ever thought about this story in terms of bondage?
The Poe story, countless movies and TV shows over time, plus a penchant for kink as far back as I can remember... How could I miss? 8)
Lotharjulz wrote:Alan Parsons did a great rendition of it in music.
You got that right. With Alan Parsons you can't go wrong. :love:
ruru67 wrote:Re chipping oneself out of a block of plaster: do it in public and call it art.
Do anything weird in public and you can call it art. :rofl:

Bathroom breaks in that situation must be a bear. :shock:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

I remember a similar story in a TV series Inspector Columbo (Peter Falk), where a writer locks a family member in her dark big safe while taking a plane to another country: Try and Catch Me (Season 7, number 1).
Fortunately, he had his belt and a few matches that left a trail that she killed him. He had to hide this in such a way because he didn't know if she would open the safe first and destroy the evidence.
Lotharjulz

Post by Lotharjulz »

Last edited by Lotharjulz on 30 Jul 2023, 23:01, edited 2 times in total.
ruru67

Post by ruru67 »

Lotharjulz wrote:I played with plaster a couple of times, but in block form it gets way to hot for encasement in my experience. I'm not sure what the art girl used in the link above but noticed it was still a little soft.
I'd guess that they avoided cooking her by making the plaster a bit wet, and pouring slowly - probably mixing several smaller batches so it wasn't all hardening at once. There are some distinct vertical cleavage planes (visible on the front at 1:55 and on the rear at 5:00) which suggests the front and back of the block at least were poured separately. I kinda winder if there had been an intent to fill out the sides of the block as well.

I get the distinct feeling that the softness of the plaster meant it took longer to escape - the actions of the chisel seemed more like digging than chipping, with no real cracks forming to allow large amounts of plaster to be removed at once.

A bit of research suggests that erring on the wet side helps avoid plaster burns, especially if the plaster closer to the skin is particularly wet. Also, you want to keep the mixing water as cold as possible, as warmer water both increases the base temperature and speeds up the reaction. It's also possible they included some inert bulking material to reduce both the amount of chemical reacting and the strength of the resulting block.

What I'm not sure of is when and for how long heat is generated during the curing process. What I have found suggests that it hardens well before reaching maximum temperature (so you get stuck, and then you get cooked). Also there are grades of plaster - and I'm not sure how these differ - that have slower or faster curing times. Dental plaster is sets particularly hard and fast, and is implicated in at least one case of an embedded hand being burned and needing fingers amputated. I suspect this stuff is just ground really fine and tightly quality controlled; it's chemically the same as other grades of plaster.
Shannon SteelSlave

I can't wait to discuss my real favourite Poe story.
👠👠
arkane

Post by arkane »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:Have you ever thought about this story in terms of bondage?
Yes. I translated it in Italian, with the two characters as females and some minor changes.
bound_bert

Post by bound_bert »

So, what are your favorite Poe poems, Shannon? Enquiring (and dirty...) minds want to know!
lj

Post by lj »

I would say encasement with conventional plaster, particularly Plaster of Paris used for sculpture moulds etc, is a definite NO - anything more than a thin layer gets warm, and a thick layer can easily burn skin - just when the plaster is strong enough not to be quickly removed - the reaction of hardening is exothermic, ie. gives off heat, and this speeds the hardening process and hence the generation of more heat.
be a switch, double the fun :-)
Shannon SteelSlave

bound_bert wrote:So, what are your favorite Poe poems, Shannon? Enquiring (and dirty...) minds want to know!
"The Pit and the Pendulum". Had to read the part about the belt that wrapped around the victim and the bench aloud to the class.
👠👠
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:
bound_bert wrote:So, what are your favorite Poe poems, Shannon? Enquiring (and dirty...) minds want to know!
"The Pit and the Pendulum". Had to read the part about the belt that wrapped around the victim and the bench aloud to the class.
The inspiration of so many damsel-in-distress scenes in movies and TV... :love:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:
For those who don't know the story and are too lazy to read it and make their own fantasy work :? : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOEERFGDaOA
You have to include the advertisement. A torture in itself. :mrgreen: