News story: chains herself up to stop smoking

"Normal bondage" with a partner. Post here if your post do not fit the selfbondage threads.
TdAdvtrs

News story: chains herself up to stop smoking

Post by TdAdvtrs »

This was my idea. This could go on the do this to me thread.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-06-08/ ... ng/8602032

But I would got out of it. My Gf left me chained and went to work I snapped the lock with the metal that holds up the lamp shade.

That lock looks a little bigger but give me all day to think and look for stuff.

No comment section on the story but this is NOT a "crazy" idea. Quitting smoking is hard.

Maybe my next Gf would help me quit. It really only takes a few days to get past the worst of the worst.

This was many major newspapers I wonder how many people got the idea and tried this ?

If it was not for endless liability issues I bet someone could make a business , get chained for a week to stay away from cigarettes

"drop me off [out] bush with tinned food and water and let me walk back,"

I thought of that idea too before I read this.
"Tied Adventures" that was the idea behind this screen name.
kinbaku

Re: News story: chains herself up to stop smoking

Post by kinbaku »

You have to remember that every person is different and can react differently to such a forced stop.
When my mother received radiation therapy for cancer and was warned to quit smoking, she immediately quit.
My dad couldn't even quit after having several strokes from smoking till a cerebral infarction left him in bed in the hospital for 7 years, half paralyzed and unable to speak.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Indeed, quitting smoking is hard (FYI I have never been enslaved by tobacco).

Back in '81, my Dad had his first heart attack - the big one. He spent two weeks in the hospital. He quit after one of his doctors quite plainly spread it out for him: if he didn't stop smoking, he would die. He stopped, cold turkey. Death is quite the motivation

My Mom stopped too. Sort of. A few years later I was taking a walk through town when I spotted her in the distance (I know my own mother, her gait, her silhouette, etc.) I was about to walk over and say hi when I saw a large puff of smoke emanating from her head... I confronted her some time later, and she told me to "butt out" and it was none of my business. Even saying it was my business because *my* mom was ruining her health didn't faze her. She kept smoking in secret for the rest of her life.

She died of lung cancer, stage 4, back in '02. It had spread everywhere. My Dad was devastated. He died in '07, same reasons, despite having stopped back in '81.

Tobacco kills. It rips apart people who have loved each other for 50 years.

To stop, you need major motivation. And keep that motivation.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

Yes, smoking is bad in so many ways, and talking about it can open the tin of worms. I knew a girl a really good friend, she hung out with us etc. and we were really good friends and based on a personality level I did fancy her but I never made a move towards her in that way but one day she made a move on me and in a nice way I had to decline her, Why? she asked, my answer "you smoke". I tried to explain to her in a nice way and not as I am now putting it, that basically, she sank, her clothes, hair, and breath smelled rancid she tasted like an ashtray, her fingers were stained yellow, her teeth were stained, her skin was yellow and turning to leather and sooner or later she would die a horrible death. I did offer to help her quit, never thought of the above method if we got together but she preferred her few inches of dried-out leaves to me so I knew where I stood and it never happened. I did meet her a few years back and she still smoked, looked like she was sixty-five when she was only forty-nine and had to wear false teeth at the front because smoking had made damaged her gums and her front teeth fell out, and had a horrible cough and certainly had one foot in the grave. she was still a lovely person but was glad I turned her down that day.

All credit to the lady above for trying to quit, in a fun way. I wonder if this method would work for a unhealthy food addiction?
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.