Distress Comunication

"Normal bondage" with a partner. Post here if your post do not fit the selfbondage threads.
prodrive

Distress Comunication

Post by prodrive »

My friend wants me to do a complete mummification on her with just her nose to breathe through. My question is I have not been able to come up with a good way to communicate should she want to end the session or is in distress. Until I can come up with a way I am reluctant to do this, any suggestions ?
Shannon SteelSlave

Re: Distress Comunication

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Since allergy problems can occur and stop healthy breathing, I would recommend against it, unless you can constantly supervise. It reminds me of the thread "A Self Bondage Tragedy".
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

I would not recommend having just the nostrils open for breathing. Even if I don't have allergies, my nostrils can spontaneously become partially or nearly completely obstructed, precluding any type of gag or other obstruction over my mouth.

Do leave a secondary breathing hole for the mouth. It might be the difference between life (and a good session) and death (and a real bad session). We want to hear about your fun adventures here, on the forum. We don't want to read about your tragic misadventure on the news feeds...

Because we care.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Plus a danger of overheating. Our skin also breathes and needs this to regulate body temperature. So don't leave your friend alone for a second and immediately be ready to liberate.
As promising and attractive it may seem, I think there are too many risks involved. You only have one life to risk that. :love:
ruru67

Post by ruru67 »

Putting aside the breathing concerns, I'll note that blocking the mouth does not stop them making a noise. In fact you can still make a noise with both your nose and mouth blocked - you don't actually need to move a lot of air, and even with all the exits blocked, there's plenty of space for the air to go. Try it.

So if you want a signal that you can used when gagged, just choose a pattern of grunts that you can agree on - I'd suggest something simple like three grunts (i,.e. Morse code 'S', if you care), and repeat with a short pause between each three until the message is got across.
lj

Post by lj »

First, breathing.

Don't use a gag of any kind and make sure there is unobstructed free space between a breathing hole and both mouth and nose. I've experienced sensory deprivation hoods, leather, with just a couple of eyeleted holes just below the nose. The shape of the hood and the leather ensure a cavity allowing both mouth and nose breathing, albeit restricted. Note I would NEVER use a hood like this solo, as if panic set in, you may well faint, leading to all manner of other complications, quite apart from vomitting leading to suffocation.

Second, a safe warning system. You can get panic alarms that simply require pulling a short cord - they are intended as an alarm to deter physical attacks and are very loud! I bought one ages ago so we could set up isolation bondage, allowing the partner to watch TV etc knowing the victim could easily raise the alarm. In the mummification predicament, you would need to ensure the hand could pull the cord - only half an inch would do the job, and the alarms are perhaps 2" square (max)

Third, have a pair of safety shears immediately available to cut away the film without cutting the victim!

Incidentally, the point about temperature control is valid - if you can't sweat you can't cool down. I recall answering a post on this forum ages ago, where the OP said he would use a fan to keep himself cool in a fully covering latex suit, in bondage. Circulating air may work if you can sweat, but makes little difference if you can't, this is down to the physics of heat transfer and latent heat of evaporation.
be a switch, double the fun :-)
Sergio

Post by Sergio »

A solution to the temperature problem is a wet towel over the wrapping. You'll need to experiment with the towel thickness, coverage, placement and wetness depending on your climate but a wet hand towel over the chest, abdomen or legs will cool the occupant pretty quickly. A large lightweight towel over most of the occupant and lightly wettened is about right for a longer session but keep a close check on it because if it dries out the insulation will cause them to overheat even more quickly. An agreed signalling system for too hot/too cold/just right is essential.
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

On top of the communication, how are you going to get her out of a full mummification in a hurry?
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
Riddle

Post by Riddle »

I am looking into a Pulse Oximeter to monitor the blood oxygen level of the one bound. You may want to do the same. They are less than $100 and will sound an alarm if it goes too low.
Resident timer maker. :hi:
Let’s make timers together!
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

lj wrote:Incidentally, the point about temperature control is valid - if you can't sweat you can't cool down
I'm intimately familiar with this. Since my illness and subsequent surgery in 2015, I have almost completely stopped sweating. It sounds convenient, but it's a huge problem. I like to ride my bicycle, but I can't do it in summer anymore (or any weather above 22-23C) because I overheat, especially if I tire and have to stop. I really feel bad then.

Then again, to cool off, I just need to drink a glass of ice cold water. Stupid wonky thyroid.

So for some forms of bondage, it precludes anything that would make me unable to cool off using air circulation.

So LJ has a good point. Sweat is your natural cooling system. Don't block it.

Note: recently, I've started sweating again, sporadically. I was shoveling snow the other day and when I came back in, my inner layers of clothes were soaked! Something seems to be sputtering back to life, like a cranky engine that catches and stops again after a few seconds. Hopefully, something is healing.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

bound_jenny wrote:Note: recently, I've started sweating again, sporadically. I was shoveling snow the other day and when I came back in, my inner layers of clothes were soaked! Something seems to be sputtering back to life, like a cranky engine that catches and stops again after a few seconds. Hopefully, something is healing.
I hope so for you. :love: Perhaps it will help if you make small efforts to get your sweat glands back on to show activity.
I used to have veins that were not elastic enough, which meant that I constantly had too low blood pressure - especially in winter. By gradually performing exercises under the supervision of a physiotherapist, I was able to solve the problem.
My first exercises were sitting on a table for 1 minute with the lower legs swinging and then resting for 5 minutes lying down. After years that had expanded to 3 hours of all kinds of heavy exercises in a row.
So if you drink enough beforehand and then do short exercises each time where someone else starts to sweat, it might provoke a lasting response in your body to sweat too.
arkane

Post by arkane »

ruru67 wrote:Putting aside the breathing concerns, I'll note that blocking the mouth does not stop them making a noise. In fact you can still make a noise with both your nose and mouth blocked - you don't actually need to move a lot of air, and even with all the exits blocked, there's plenty of space for the air to go. Try it.

So if you want a signal that you can used when gagged, just choose a pattern of grunts that you can agree on - I'd suggest something simple like three grunts (i,.e. Morse code 'S', if you care), and repeat with a short pause between each three until the message is got across.
I agree.
I think the major problem would be the building up of heat. So, as a first experience you'll need to set a prudent time limit.
As for communicating problems, I think it's possible. I've seen a video (futilestruggles.com) in which a girl was completely wrapped in tape, bound en strappado if I remember well, and suddenly she couldn't take any more. She started struggling, shaking her head "no," it was quite understandable something was wrong. In about 10/20 seconds the bondager removed tape from her face and nothing bad happened.
clearly, you need to be there all the time. Maybe with safety scissors?
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

One thought, but use at your own risk.
That aside....
Do the full mummy set-up, starting with the feet and going up to the head. (Nothing below there is "life critical")
Wrap the head, but leave the mouth and nose open.
(Since this is only "play bondage", the next step should be OK...)
Use a dildo type gag in the mouth... NOT attached to anything or secured.
The rule is that the mummy can do anything they want, struggle, "scream", whatever...
But, if there is a problem, just spit the gag out, then they can say what the problem is.
No grunts, moans, or signal if there is a problem.
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...
ruru67

Post by ruru67 »

I've done several full wraps (both as top and bottom) in plastic wrap and duct tape. As long as you're aware that overheating is a potential problem, it's generally fine. You want to keep an eye on ambient temperature and humidity - if you have air conditioning, running the room a bit on the cool side may help. (Non-mummies may wish to wear more clothes.)

There are things you can do to relieve overheating without fully releasing them - a bag of ice (or frozen vegetables) can be pressed against the wraps, or just expose a portion of their skin.

Mummifications using permeable materials are better, as they allow the mummy to cool themselves through evaporation of sweat, but ideally the subject shouldn't be getting hot enough to need to sweat, and that's mainly a question of doing it in a cool enough environment.

Just be sure your mummy is aware that they need to speak up and not just grin and bear it if they feel they're overheating.