Vet wrap for bondage

"Normal bondage" with a partner. Post here if your post do not fit the selfbondage threads.
Emily

Vet wrap for bondage

Post by Emily »

Hi folks, I've searched on the site but not really found anything, so I'll ask here.

Has anyone tried using vet wrap (cohesive bandage) to actually tie someone up? I know it's great for gags and mummification but I'm talking about using it to tie wrists, arms, knees and ankles.

I've been chatting on a cross dressing forum recently and have made tentative plans to meet up with another CD (after COVID) for some spanking/bondage play. She likes the idea but doesn't have any real bondage experience so I'm looking for an easy and safe way for her to tie me up. Seems like vet wrap might be a reasonably fool-proof tie-up method and easy to cut off if required but I've no idea how secure it would be (when I'm tied I want to be completely helpless), whether it can twist up and apply dangerous pressure, anything like that.

To set any worries at rest, I will make sure I meet this girl and get to know her much better before I let her anywhere near tying me up.
Blacky

Re: Vet wrap for bondage

Post by Blacky »

Hi Emily,

my experience with vetwrap is limited to blindfolds, but judging from that I know that it tends to curl up easily.

You'll want to make sure that a fairly broad area is covevered by the wrap. It will then, however, be pretty strong. So I guess you'll find yourself inescapably bound easily.

I suggest self-tying your ankles and knees in order to find out, how your wrap behaves?

Best of luck and stay safe :hi:
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. (W. Blake)
Emily

Post by Emily »

Hi Blacky, thanks for the reply.

Of course I don't have any right now to experiment with...Wilko's sell it but the queue was massive and I couldn't be arsed waiting.
Having given it some thought anyway, I think it would be OK on knees and ankles as they tend to stay pretty much parallel once tied, so not much danger of the wrap slipping or twisting. It's more the wrists, I know it has some stretch so with a simple wrap I might be able to just pull my hands out. Maybe it can be wrapped and cinched for security?

I'll just have to get some and get my assistant (wife) to tie me up AGAIN...what a shame!
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

I used to buy some magnetic wristbands for myself. They are not expensive.
wristband.jpg
wristband.jpg (15.37 KiB) Viewed 2072 times
With rope you tie this wristband with your fixed objects (you can do this yourself), the rope tied at the place where the magnets are attached in the band so that they do not fold. Then put your wrist in the band and close it. To release quickly, a tug on the strip is enough to release you. The band is wide enough to properly distribute the pressure on your wrist and all she has to do is pull and push the strip.
I have tied my hands together with the help of this and a chain and padlock. The release was done by releasing the padlock, but in an emergency I could just pull the strip off with my teeth for a fast release.
Emily

Post by Emily »

That's an interesting idea, Kinbaku. Do you mean that the fastening of the cuff is magnetic, or it's one of those things workmen use to store nails and screws, fastened with Velcro?
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Emily wrote:That's an interesting idea, Kinbaku. Do you mean that the fastening of the cuff is magnetic, or it's one of those things workmen use to store nails and screws, fastened with Velcro?
It's one of those things workmen use that you fastened with Velcro. The magnets are therefore not really necessary in your case. For you they only do form a reinforcement for tying the rope. As an extra reinforcement so that the band does not fold over, you can attach an iron plate to it, or even a sturdy piece of cardboard at the place where you tie the rope to.

If you don't find this one, I've also done the same once with a wristband for a mobile phone, which is fastened around your arm in the same way with Velcro. The pocket where the cell phone normally comes in is therefore on the inside of your wrist so that the pressure on the veins is well distributed. With this you can use a large D-ring on the strap to which you attach your rope. Or make such a D-ring with the help of 2 or 3 closed zip-ties (red color) that you tie together so that they form a ring.
wirstbandPhone.jpg
wirstbandPhone.jpg (13.77 KiB) Viewed 1945 times
Emily

Post by Emily »

Thanks Kinbaku. Very nice idea, and it's always good to take everyday items and pervert them for kink use.
Just realised I have some ankle weights somewhere around, same idea with the velcro fastening. I can probably do something with those.
Emily x