Torture mask

"Normal bondage" with a partner. Post here if your post do not fit the selfbondage threads.
lukaskx

Torture mask

Post by lukaskx »

Hi,
I found torture mask like attached and I'm going to buy it. Does anybody use it? Do you recommend this mask?
rBVagF2j7m6IB7zjAAG1D-LFGb4AABP5QGr68IAAbUn912.jpg
rBVagV2j7m2IM14MAAIWvRsfkfQAABP5QGd4lsAAhbV220.jpg
rBVagF2j7m2If_wbAAH30c2jUiIAABP5QGiNWUAAffp415.jpg
Jadit

Re: Torture mask

Post by Jadit »

Why is it called torture mask? It looks less restrictive than sensory deprivation hoods, which have their own issues like head sweating.
lj

Post by lj »

As with most things, beauty is in the eye of the beholder !

I would agree with Jadit, apart from being made from what looks like canvas, though a smooth inner lining is visible in one of the photos, I have seen (and been in !) much more restrictive hoods.

I note there doesn't appear to be an inner panel to cover the back of the head when the laces are tightened - this would mean hair could easily get trapped and result in an unwanted source of pain...

I'll just put my 'elf 'n safety hat on and mention that any laced full-face hood, particularly one with a lockable collar (not apparent in the photos of the OP's hood) takes a significant time to release, so any form of gag is not advisable - you don't have many seconds of no breathing before life can come to an unfortunate end. My own experience of serious hoods has been with a partner equipped with safety shears, an expensive release but better than death!
be a switch, double the fun :-)
occorics

Post by occorics »

lj wrote:As with most things, beauty is in the eye of the beholder !

I would agree with Jadit, apart from being made from what looks like canvas, though a smooth inner lining is visible in one of the photos, I have seen (and been in !) much more restrictive hoods.

I note there doesn't appear to be an inner panel to cover the back of the head when the laces are tightened - this would mean hair could easily get trapped and result in an unwanted source of pain...

I'll just put my 'elf 'n safety hat on and mention that any laced full-face hood, particularly one with a lockable collar (not apparent in the photos of the OP's hood) takes a significant time to release, so any form of gag is not advisable - you don't have many seconds of no breathing before life can come to an unfortunate end. My own experience of serious hoods has been with a partner equipped with safety shears, an expensive release but better than death!
i have a mask with two zippers on the sides, additional to the lacing at the back. Best of both worlds, the lacing for tightness and the zippers for quickly getting in/out. (i hope it's ok to post the shop-link)
maid marta, Collared property of Domina Shelle Rivers and Lady Helena

https://twitter.com/ShellesPuppy
my blog: https://owned-by-princess-shelle.blogspot.com
my art: https://maid-marta.bdsmlr.com
gaby

Post by gaby »

You should be careful if you have breathing problems or allergies of any kind. With those four little holes, I don't think it's enough to breathe properly.
lj

Post by lj »

gaby wrote:You should be careful if you have breathing problems or allergies of any kind. With those four little holes, I don't think it's enough to breathe properly.

The holes are adequate for breathing as long as you stay relaxed, but panic or heavy exercise can change this very quickly ( a new member has just written about exactly this situation). For this reason, I wouldn't use this type of hood for solo play, though I have when in partnered play.
be a switch, double the fun :-)
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

If this is your first hood, you may want to consider the possibility of hyper ventilation.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
Rick72

Post by Rick72 »

I got this one too, as well as other hoods, including a heavy locking deprivation hood, a strict latex hood with breathing tubes for the nostrils and such more.

This canvas hood came together with a straightjacket en legbinding sack.
But the hood is quite restrictive.
It has a lining indeed, making it airtight.
The for holes at the nose are the only openings to use for breathing, and is barely sufficient when relaxed, but insufficient when stressed or even panicking.
Therefore it can only be used when being monitored by someone else, and not for selfbondage.

Mine does have a inner panel to protect the hair.
Lyn

Post by Lyn »

I see hoods online that seem to have no holes at the nose for air. They have a mouth hole but come with a penis gag that doesn't appear to allow air in, likewise might have holes for the eyes but a leather blindfold can cover them. When the gag and blindfold are on, I can't see how any air gets it, and it's tight around the neck. Does air seep in around the edge of the gag and blindfold?
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Lyn wrote:I see hoods online that seem to have no holes at the nose for air. They have a mouth hole but come with a penis gag that doesn't appear to allow air in, likewise might have holes for the eyes but a leather blindfold can cover them. When the gag and blindfold are on, I can't see how any air gets it, and it's tight around the neck. Does air seep in around the edge of the gag and blindfold?
The three masks I have so far have at least 2 little holes at the nose, but they are really small.

Of these three masks one is made of genuine leather and fits rather loosely around the head. It has no bigger openings than a few riveted holes of approx. 5mm diameter at mouth level, plus some tiny holes through the strap that can be tightened over the mouth. Without the additional strap this hood lets enough air in for partnered play, but I'd never use it for selfbondage. Neither the seams nor the leather let any significant amount of air pass.

The next one is a sensory deprivation hood made from faux leather. It has a mouth opening designed to let a gag in. If a gag is applied, air flow depends pretty much on how tight that gag fits. I haven't had issues breathing around the gags I've been gagged with in that hood. As usual when it comes to gags, partnered play should be the way to go, imho.

The last one has openings for the eyes and the mouth, each reinforces by metal ring linings. I've used that mask rather seldomly, as the rings become pretty unbearable rather soon. They cause a MAJOR headache once the eyes are covered, as the rings relentlessly press into the forehead. Breathing however is absolutely no issue with that mask. Once again, the gag determines the airflow.

Please keep in mind that this is completely and solely my own experience with my own hoods. I can't comment on any other, obviously, and would recommend to only use these kinds of hoods in partnered sessions.

I hope this helps?
Kind regars,

Blacky
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. (W. Blake)