Hairshirt Punishment

"Normal bondage" with a partner. Post here if your post do not fit the selfbondage threads.
Keyless

Hairshirt Punishment

Post by Keyless »

I am wondering if anyone has ever tried using a lockable "hairshirt", made of sackcloth, as a punishment. If so, how effective was it.
lj

Re: Hairshirt Punishment

Post by lj »

never tried it, but I recall a Domme who used to put her sub in a sackcloth tunic for overnight stays in his cell. It was threaded with chain and he was restrained in a way that made it impossible to remove. I doubt she did it for his fun, she is a determined lady!
be a switch, double the fun :-)
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Definitely more practical, but I prefer the old fashioned hands and neck pillory. Out to the side, hands in front, it's all good. Maybe the point of your idea is to leave the prisoner "semi-self functional"?
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

I've never experienced it as a punishment, but I have on occasion done work involving actual hessian sacks. The material is very rough, very course and starts itching like mad very soon. I severely disliked working with it with bare hands and usually wore gloves but even so at the end of the day I usually had scratched,red, irritated skin on my lower arms at the end of the day. I can't imagine being locked into it on the bare skin. I'm sure it is actually a punishment one would like to avoid.
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
Keyless

Post by Keyless »

Thanks folks. I think it would be good for both of us if Mistress K had a simple way to punish me if I step out of line. Unfortunately, whips, chains or anything obvious is out at the moment. Something I can wear under normal clothes would be good.
lj wrote:never tried it, but I recall a Domme who used to put her sub in a sackcloth tunic for overnight stays in his cell. It was threaded with chain and he was restrained in a way that made it impossible to remove. I doubt she did it for his fun, she is a determined lady!
That sounds as if it might work.
Shannon SteelSlave wrote:Definitely more practical, but I prefer the old fashioned hands and neck pillory. Out to the side, hands in front, it's all good. Maybe the point of your idea is to leave the prisoner "semi-self functional"?
It would be great to be able to use something like that, but not really practical at present. I wish we could use our bondage pony, but that is packed away at the moment. As a side issue, I do wonder what would happen if the victim feints in a pillory. Does he risk a broken neck or strangulation?
Gregovic wrote:I've never experienced it as a punishment, but I have on occasion done work involving actual hessian sacks. The material is very rough, very course and starts itching like mad very soon. I severely disliked working with it with bare hands and usually wore gloves but even so at the end of the day I usually had scratched,red, irritated skin on my lower arms at the end of the day. I can't imagine being locked into it on the bare skin. I'm sure it is actually a punishment one would like to avoid.
That, on the other hand, sounds as if I would not be able to go swimming without embarrassment.

Maybe some upholstry hessian might be a bit less nasty. If I get around to trying it I'll post the results.
Sergio

Post by Sergio »

There's some sort of thin acrylic material, I've bought school knickers in it, which is intensely irritating to wear without causing any distinct marks. No idea what it might be called though. I'll dig through old emails and see if I can figure out what it was.
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

Keyless wrote:
Gregovic wrote:I've never experienced it as a punishment, but I have on occasion done work involving actual hessian sacks. The material is very rough, very course and starts itching like mad very soon. I severely disliked working with it with bare hands and usually wore gloves but even so at the end of the day I usually had scratched,red, irritated skin on my lower arms at the end of the day. I can't imagine being locked into it on the bare skin. I'm sure it is actually a punishment one would like to avoid.
That, on the other hand, sounds as if I would not be able to go swimming without embarrassment.

Maybe some upholstry hessian might be a bit less nasty. If I get around to trying it I'll post the results.
Top be honest I should have mentioned that the sacks we were working with were probably the roughest,coarsest and cheapest material they could find. And I've found I also seem to be more sensitive to this irritation than others. The marks usually also faded away relatively fast (within a day) so it's not as if it was worn raw and bleeding.
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
Tiedupgood

Post by Tiedupgood »

There was a movie years ago that came out about a prison farm in the south. I think Paul Newman played in it. One of the punishments at the prison was to put someone in a hair shirt and lock them in a small area like an outhouse. I'm sure it was a tough punishment being in a hot environment in a hair shirt unable to remove it.
Sergio

Post by Sergio »

Tiedupgood wrote:There was a movie years ago that came out about a prison farm in the south. I think Paul Newman played in it. One of the punishments at the prison was to put someone in a hair shirt and lock them in a small area like an outhouse. I'm sure it was a tough punishment being in a hot environment in a hair shirt unable to remove it.
Cool Hand Luke? But I don't recall the hair shirt and no mention here? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cool_Hand_Luke
gimslyp

Post by gimslyp »

There's a few items available on-line that you may be interested in:

https://www.sissyheaven.com/index.php?r ... =1112_1127

Watch out because they can be locked!
ruru67

Post by ruru67 »

kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

For tinkering yourself: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hessian-Fabric ... B99CDQA4F8
See also by "Frequently bought together" with "Faithfull FAIWEB50 Webbing Stretcher Beech 50 mm" as paddle :whip: :twisted: