Hobble skirt/belt invisible

"Normal bondage" with a partner. Post here if your post do not fit the selfbondage threads.
little_boy

Hobble skirt/belt invisible

Post by little_boy »

To make a crossdressing walk more interesting, I'd like to restrict the size of the steps that I can take while walking high-heeled. This would help me to take small steps as a decent women would take.

Ideally, I would have a hobble skirt or hobble belt that does not come below the knees, so I could hide it under a casual knee-length dress (going for a public crossdress in regular clothing is more than exiting enough, no need to attract extra attention by compromising a hobble skirt/dress).

I experimented with a belt around my knees but that will slip off quite easilly. Also, bad experience with duct-tape because that left burning marks from the friction.

Has anyone suggestions on what I could use as reliable hobble belt? Or some tips where to buy an affordable hobble skirt?
ruru67

Re: Hobble skirt/belt invisible

Post by ruru67 »

I made these:
xx.jpg
These are cuffs that go just below the knees, tight enough that they can't slip down over the calves. The belt secures them, and limits stride. I usually place the buckle at the back, between the legs - there it won' disturb the line of your skirt. Stick a padlock through the strap and buckle to prevent removal. Hobbling at that point means that as long as the skirt is mid calf or longer it won't be visible, and there's no strap. The lock has nothing much to rattle against, and the wrap-around hobble doesn't try to pull the knee around your knees, so there won't be any weirdness about the way you walk, any odd noises nor any dangling hobbles peeking out from under your skirt...
lj

Post by lj »

When I regularly cross-dressed at play-parties, I had a PVC hobble skirt made by a lady who sold her own manufactured PVC clothes on EBay. She had several regular designs, but I emailed her and asked if she would make something for me, to my measurements. The skirt was a close fit from the waist down, ended a bit below the knees,full-length two-way zip with locking loops, with a substantial hem, and loops for padlocks at the waist and hem. When locked on, it was too tight around the hem to for it to be raised, so the hobble action was unavoidable. It cost me a massive £15 !

I finally gave it to my play-partner, she wore it once when we went to see a film and have a pizza - heels, fishnets and a black PVC hobble skirt, complete with padlocks. She looked a lot better in it than I did :rofl:

so it might be worth looking at EBay, search for pvc skirt - I just did and immediately found someone who sells all manner of PVC skirts, including a "pencil" skirt (= hobble) and her "shop" page says she is happy to make anything for men and women to their requirements. Prices are also very low.
be a switch, double the fun :-)
little_boy

Post by little_boy »

Thanks! Nice piece of craftmanship you have, ruru67. Unfortunately I couldn't find anything like that on the web (probably the reason why you made it yourself ;)).

What stopped me from ordering any random pencil skirt from ebay was that I am unsure about the actual size and how much margin is needed for a proper 'hobbling experience'. Besides it seems that a lot of different material names are used for the fabrics, of which some seem to be stretchy and som aren't.

I will check to see if I can find the same seller as you did, LJ, and check if she is has any advice for the right size for this application and if she is able to create some custom skirt for me.
lj

Post by lj »

Sod's Law at work, I did exactly the same search as last time, and can't find the site offering PVC clothing. However, if you search "Etsy.com" you will certainly find someone who can make what you want at a good price.

A few suggestions on sizing etc.
First, be honest and tell the supplier you are a man wanting to buy a tight skirt for yourself! The lady I bought from was totally cool about it. We aren't the same shape as women, and even with a good corset, you still won't have quite the same proportions.

You need to take measurements starting at the waist-band, use that as the "datum line". Then measure your diameter at the waist, the widest part of your bottom/hips, and note how far down from the waist that is. Then repeat, following the skirt down your legs, at intervals of perhaps 10cms/4". You will need to stand with your legs slightly apart. You can determine how far apart by doing some experiments with walking, use a strong belt temporarily taped to your legs to act as a hobble.

In practice, you can take a bit of a guess, by setting your feet as though you were walking with a limited stride, then measure with a tape or a piece of cord what diameter that is. To get a proper hobble, the restriction to movement needs to be below the knee.

I'd recommend having a double action full-length zip, it makes getting into the skirt much easier, and allows you to have a tighter fit than you would otherwise need. Of course you will need the two zip tabs to have a big enough hole to allow a padlock to secure each tab to a ring placed at each end of the zip to prevent you removing it! It would be a good idea to get the hem reinforced, to make sure it doesn't break under the strain during walking.

Hope that helps
little_boy

Post by little_boy »

That's some great advice which will definitely help, thanks!
Might you or anyone else find some cheap supplier again, drop me a message: based on the prices on etsy I will probably not end up below like 40£ very quickly.

How about material? I think real PVC would be best because it won't stretch as much as the faux leather which is offered a lot on eBay, right?

(Oh i would love to have one of real leather :drool: but that would make it a bit too expensive for the rare occasions it will be used. Besides, it will still be hidden under another skirt due to my shyness.)
lj

Post by lj »

PVC is better, much less stretch.

Real leather ? try EBay. I was given a very tight below-knee leather skirt (a struggle to get into even with a tight corset) which did go some way towards being a hobble skirt. When I stopped cross-dressing, I put it on EBay and got all of £4 for it, probably actually worth £80! So do some searching, you never know what you might find.