Finger Pillory

"Normal bondage" with a partner. Post here if your post do not fit the selfbondage threads.
Keyless

Finger Pillory

Post by Keyless »

Here’s an obscure device that looks much more “fun” (diabolical?) than regular cuffs or stocks. It’s called a finger pillory. Believe it or not, they used to be used in church to punish people who did not pay attention. I gather it was normally used to secure the index finger or middle finger of each hand.

https://www.granger.com/results.asp?ima ... width=1615

A search for "finger pillory" produces a few items, but very few compared with ordinary stocks and pillories.

For bondage use I guess it would be wise to make sure that the victim could not fall over, eg if fainted, although it looks as though they did not worry about that in times past. Perhaps it could be fastened between the arms of a chair, in front of a victim.
lj

Re: Finger Pillory

Post by lj »

an interesting variation, relying on the inability to straighten the finger and remove it is seen in a gadget I recall seeing, "stocks in a box" there are loads of pictures on the web if you use those words in a search.

The basic principle is the foot or hand goes through a hole and is held flat once the "stock" sides are slid into place, just like the finger stocks, the hand or foot can't bend enough to draw back through the hole.

a nice DIY project, but not one for self-bondage without some careful design for release mechanisms
be a switch, double the fun :-)
smelt

Re: Finger Pillory

Post by smelt »

I plan on making an attachment for my new frame that includes one of these. I made a crude one years ago, it was incredibly simple, and incredibly impossible to escape from. So yes, if you build one for self-bondage, MAKE SURE your release works perfect before you put your fingers in. If I do build one, I will do a build thread on it. One is planned for the whole frame, as it is designed and built.