Self Release Method: gmail's "boomerang" extension.

Chastity is perhaps the ultimate in long term selfbondage.
thesecretone

Self Release Method: gmail's "boomerang" extension.

Post by thesecretone »

I'm not sure if this idea has been posted on here before, but here it is:

There's a gmail extension you can get (to my knowledge no annoying popups involved) called boomerang that can schedule emails to be sent at a later time. The idea is, similar to carlilock and emlalock, you could upload a picture of the code to a padlock onto the email, and schedule an email to be sent to yourself for when you would like release. Once you send the email, it won't appear in your inbox or in your sent messages until the specified date. You burn whatever you wrote the combination on, and lock yourself in. Now you can either try and guess the combination, or wait until the email is sent back to you.

You can also use a key lock on your device then use a 5 or 6 digit combination on a steel box containing the key to make it much harder to guess the combo as well.

Any thoughts on this?
Last edited by Sir Cumference on 19 Dec 2015, 21:04, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Headline improvement
gogglestars2

Re: Self Release Method: gmail's "boomerang" extension.

Post by gogglestars2 »

Having looked at this extension, it stores the email to be sent back to you in your gmail account, so if you can type well enough, you can easily get it back before it was supposed to be "sent back by boomerang"
gemt

Post by gemt »

gogglestars2 wrote:Having looked at this extension, it stores the email to be sent back to you in your gmail account, so if you can type well enough, you can easily get it back before it was supposed to be "sent back by boomerang"
Similarly, any similar system is likely to leave a copy in your drafts or outbox
gemt

Post by gemt »

gemt wrote:
gogglestars2 wrote:Having looked at this extension, it stores the email to be sent back to you in your gmail account, so if you can type well enough, you can easily get it back before it was supposed to be "sent back by boomerang"
Similarly, any similar system is likely to leave a copy in your drafts or outbox
It ocurrs to me that some bank accounts and credit cards send texts when you pay or receive funds.
You could use your online banking service to send payment with a delay, where the payment amount is the combination?
Dunno if this is practical... just a trigger thought.
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

gemt wrote: It ocurrs to me that some bank accounts and credit cards send texts when you pay or receive funds.
You could use your online banking service to send payment with a delay, where the payment amount is the combination?
If I'm not mistaken the essential part of this whole idea is to not know the combination at all. In order to transfer any amount of money the way you described, you'll need to know the combination.
Furthermore, all online banking tools I know would list that amount as prebooked expenses.

I'm sorry, but I don't see how this could work?
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. (W. Blake)
gemt

Post by gemt »

Blacky wrote:
gemt wrote: It ocurrs to me that some bank accounts and credit cards send texts when you pay or receive funds.
If I'm not mistaken the essential part of this whole idea is to not know the combination at all. In order to transfer any amount of money the way you described, you'll need to know the combination.
Furthermore, all online banking tools I know would list that amount as prebooked expenses.

I'm sorry, but I don't see how this could work?
Dunno what prebooked expenses are?

I agree that logging the transfer in the first place without knowing the number is an issue.
Also you need to "lose" your code generator device so you don't just look at your statement.
Also, it only takes a few hours to crack a 4-digit code, and more than 4 digits is a lot of money.
But in terms of an unbreakable time delay it must have possibilities.