Self measuring for a belt and mixing with corsets

Chastity is perhaps the ultimate in long term selfbondage.
Central

Self measuring for a belt and mixing with corsets

Post by Central »

Hi everyone!

I've been looking around for answers, but haven't really found much. I'm looking to buy a chastity belt, a full florentine-style one. Alas, I have no one around to help me measure my body for it. I've seen that neosteel offers self measuring kits but they seem rather pricy for what they are. Has anyone here tried measuring themselves with or without the kit? Or maybe you managed to find a good tutorial on making one somewhere.

A second thing I wonder: Has anyone here tried wearing a chastity belt and a corset together? It would seem like you can't put a belt with a waist band under the corset, and it might be a tad looser than intended if you put it over the corset. A hip belt seems like a good solution to that, but I keep reading that waist belts are more comfortable to wear. Then again, being locked in a corset does seem intriguing to say the least!

Any thoughts, recommendations, tips, etc. are welcome. My goal is just to be locked up so tightly that I can't even imagine orgasming. :)
ruru67

Re: Self measuring for a belt and mixing with corsets

Post by ruru67 »

Central wrote:A second thing I wonder: Has anyone here tried wearing a chastity belt and a corset together? It would seem like you can't put a belt with a waist band under the corset, and it might be a tad looser than intended if you put it over the corset. A hip belt seems like a good solution to that, but I keep reading that waist belts are more comfortable to wear. Then again, being locked in a corset does seem intriguing to say the least!
Plan to be locked in the corset. Corsets re-shape the body, and one of the effects is to move the waistline upwards - a metal belt fitted for an uncorseted waist will not sit nicely under a corset at all, and one for a corseted waist will be over-tight at the waist and loose over the privates.

You might be able to get a hip belt to work, but the corset will force flesh downward over your hips and that's not likely to be very comfortable at all.

So get a cheapish belt and size it to fit over your corset. Get another one (perhaps a less cheap model) for uncorseted wear.
Central

Post by Central »

Thanks for the suggestion.

I would still want advice on whether a self measuring kit is worth the price. I know getting an exact measure is the most important step when buying a belt but can't this be measured with a tape and some household items?
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

ruru67 wrote:a metal belt fitted for an uncorseted waist will not sit nicely under a corset at all, and one for a corseted waist will be over-tight at the waist and loose over the privates.

You might be able to get a hip belt to work, but the corset will force flesh downward over your hips and that's not likely to be very comfortable at all.
Exactly. Anything under an even moderately tight corset will be quite painful after a while.
Central wrote:can't this be measured with a tape and some household items?
I can't see why not. I think the "self-measuring kit" is just a cash cow for the vendor. I know of plenty of corset makers that just ask you to measure a few sizes (e.g. hips, waist, chest, and over the bust if you have boobs, plus some lengths up and down) and you send them that and it's quite enough to make a corset.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Central

Post by Central »

bound_jenny wrote:I can't see why not. I think the "self-measuring kit" is just a cash cow for the vendor. I know of plenty of corset makers that just ask you to measure a few sizes (e.g. hips, waist, chest, and over the bust if you have boobs, plus some lengths up and down) and you send them that and it's quite enough to make a corset.
It really does sound like one, but I've read quite a few accounts of the belt not fitting due to improper measurements so it got me a tad worried.
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

Central wrote:
It really does sound like one, but I've read quite a few accounts of the belt not fitting due to improper measurements so it got me a tad worried.
in germany we have a saying: "ein schelm wer böses dabei denkt" which roughly translates to in this special case: if you don't spend the cash for the measurement kit i'll screw up your belt just enuff, so it will come back for a charged refitting.

NOTE: i'm not saying that is their business model. measuring a full belt should be done by a professionell. most companies have a schedule on their website about when they visit your acontinent.
[