First Cage

Chastity is perhaps the ultimate in long term selfbondage.
Sigi_graben

First Cage

Post by Sigi_graben »

Hey, does anybody have some recommendations for beginner cages I really would Luke to try chastity but I dont know what Cage is good for the beginning. If you got recommendations feel free to post a linkt to the cage.
KinkInSpace

Re: First Cage

Post by KinkInSpace »

Check out viewtopic.php?f=20&t=14263. It is very similar to this question. May help you.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

Whats your location ?

You might be able to take advantage of amazon‘s return policy to try out the myriad of
Cheap knock-offs available there, if postage free returns are offered in your country. :idea:

This would enable you to test different ring sizes, styles & cages, essentially for free until
You find something that fits your cock & balls.

You have to align that with your conscience, of course, and your carbon footprint.
8) 8)
[
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

ponylady wrote: You might be able to take advantage of amazon‘s return policy to try out the myriad of
Cheap knock-offs available there, if postage free returns are offered in your country.
ezgif.com-resize.gif
ezgif.com-resize.gif (347.36 KiB) Viewed 1595 times
Who wants to be the second owner of that thing?
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:
ponylady wrote: You might be able to take advantage of amazon‘s return policy to try out the myriad of
Cheap knock-offs available there, if postage free returns are offered in your country.
ezgif.com-resize.gif
Who wants to be the second owner of that thing?
Well, as a responsible kinkster it will be cleaned thoroughly before sending it back.
[
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

I'm not so keen on buying and sending back either.

So here's my two cents.

On AliExpress, you can buy plenty knock-off chastity devices for a very low price. True, shipping still takes a while, but what it gives you, is the ability to try various cages.

This will tell you two important things.
1. Is Chastity something for you
2. What size and material do you want to use for the more expensive cage?

Chastity has two types too.
There are the cages, and there are the belts. Even belts can be bought cheap on AliExpress, although cages are still quite a bit cheaper. I have a very expensive belt, but I also bought a cheap belt from Ali. To my surprise, the cheap belt from Ali is the one I prefer most. So that says something too.

But back to cages. The biggest problem with cages are finding out the ring size. From Ali, you can get a cage which comes with multiple rings. Look for one of those. This allows you to figure out what ring size will work best for you. Keep in mind that Oval shaped rings will feel larger than circle shaped rings. This essentially means that if you find a 50cm circle shaped ring size to be good for you, it is likely that a 45cm oval ring shape will also work for you. But it also means that if you find a 45cm oval ring shape, its not a guarantee that a 45 circle shaped ring size will also be good.

Next the length of the cage is also important. Don't buy a cage that is too big. You rather want a cage that is too small (but only just). Although you do want to be able to put your penis in, if there's too much space inside the tube, things get dirty very quickly and comfort will be less than desired regardless.

The whole fun in chastity comes from putting the cage on and while being flaccid, still feeling the cage firmly around your member rather than feeling your member bouncing inside as you move around. Yes, I have a cage that is too large and no, the bouncing is not going to be a feature you want to come back to. Its not going to be bad either, but there's no real gain from it, so the problems you get aside are going to be more of a concern.

My rule of thumb is: If you are a grower, get a small tube. If you are a shower, get a large tube. The length when you are a grower can have different lengths too, and becomes a bit of preference, I wouldn't go for a too small one because the shorter the tube is, compared to the length of your penis, the more advanced it becomes, and you're not there yet. Basically you push your penis so much inwards that it pulls your balls outwards, and that requires training.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
Shannon SteelSlave

My argument and explanation for my crude statement is that silicone can never be completely cleaned. Even boiling it will not de-germ it. OK if you're the only one using it, but clean it before and after every use. I remember reading that silicone is not for shared use.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
👠👠
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:My argument and explanation for my crude statement is that silicone can never be completely cleaned. Even boiling it will not de-germ it. OK if you're the only one using it, but clean it before and after every use. I remember reading that silicone is not for shared use.

Point taken, but i try either steel or polycarbonate cages.
Silicone isn‘t „real“ chastity. Too easy to manipulate yourself.
[
ruru67

Post by ruru67 »

KinkInSpace wrote:So here's my two cents.
That pretty much matches my experience.

I'll again suggest that a hip belt on a cage is a really good idea too, so the cage doesn't ride out on your erect dick, pulling on your balls. Makes a world of difference.
Colil

Post by Colil »

Thank you all for the discussion, I would like to add one more thing.
Different manufacturers have their own size grid, and you really need to try several devices before choosing the one that suits you.
As for the use of a cage that is not new - I don't know, it would be at least psychologically uncomfortable for me. It has been said here that silicone cannot be 100% cleaned, and I tend to believe this, especially when it comes to intimate places.
Shannon SteelSlave

Silicone can be adequately cleaned for single player use, for the life of the toy. I read that it can not be cleaned well enough to be shared or resold for use by another person.
Use your own discretion, based on what toy it is and who will be sharing it. A ball gag that is regularly cleaned and shared between spouses is probably ok for example. A private area toy shared by strangers, sounds like a no-no.
👠👠