Long-term cage advice please?

Chastity is perhaps the ultimate in long term selfbondage.
hogfan-sub

Long-term cage advice please?

Post by hogfan-sub »

Hi all. I have been playing with solo chastity for some time, but can never find a really comfortable cage that I can stand for more than 24 hours or so. I'm more than certain that this is due to trying various "bargain basement" devices, and I'm sure a few low-priced "knock-off's"! The time has come to spend as well as I can for something that will be wearable for long periods of time, weeks at the least. My research had brought me to a choice of the CB6000, or, The Vice by Locked in Lust. I must say that I warm very much towards the Vice, due to the anti-pullout feature. Erect I'm around 4.5", but flaccid can all but disappear!! :|

I would therefore appreciate any advice/experience before I shell out a significant amount of cash. Also, would a "mini" version help with my flaccid semi-"Disappearing act"? Thanks for any guidance you good people might be able to give me :D
"There is something comforting about being tied up" (Madonna).....Oh how I agree!!

"I've still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission." (HAL 9000)
tueffy

Re: Long-term cage advice please?

Post by tueffy »

Another option would be 3D printed devices like the ones from Cherrykeeper or Kink3D. They have a lot of different sizes and some guides for finding the right ones for you. Plus they are relatively cheap.
Come to the dark side, we have cookies.
Vote for my current lock on Chaster (if there is one) here: https://sharelink.tueffy.com/
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

I own a "The vice" as it was gifted to me by them, and although I really want to love this device, it hurts me way too much to enjoy it. If the size is not perfectly correct, it will hurt you.

But lets get back to your question.

I've answered it many times. Chastity is not really about being in an inescapable device with the ability to orgasm being taken away. It is more being in a device that enhances your bdsm experience by doing it somewhat.

All devices that claim to have a feature that prohibits you from escaping will always cause pain or discomfort in the long run.

Then again discomfort is part of the game anyway.

If you are ready to spend a bit more money, seriously, get a Holy Trainer cage. I first got the HT v2 and it unfortunately snapped at the locking mechanism, so I had to replace it. I replaced it with a HT v3, which happened... I think.... 4 years ago? The cage is still perfectly fine today. It is my easily nr1 cage to go to. It is made of bio resin, can be worn in the bathtub or shower and it is very comfortable to wear. The gap between the ring and penis is small enough for your balls to get trapped there or if you get them through, it will be very painful.

Yes, you can pull out your penis from the tube, but as mentioned earlier, that is not the point of Chastity play. Just tell your inner Mistress, if you pull out, she always finds out and punishment is required. In the real world, a Mistress will check upon your chastity occasionally and punish you too if you get out one way or another. Chastity is not about being unable to get out, but it is about having a reminder that you are in chastity.

One thing to adress: getting through the night...

With chastity there are a few things you need to understand. If you orgasm, your ballsack will loose sperm. Your body then starts producing sperm in the balls and this process takes a few weeks. There comes a point where the body will stop to actively produce sperm. It will try to, but the sack is full. Until you reach this stage, it is likely that you get a morning wood during the night (aka serious erection). This erection is what hurts in chastity. But if you wear chastity during the day for a few weeks, and ensure no orgasm, you will also be able to sleep during the night without much discomfort. It may happen that one or two nights, you do get a bit of discomfort from the cage, this happens if you never slept in chastity and is unavoidable, but should not be too bad if you have not orgasmed for at least a few weeks.

Also, ensure that you pee before going to sleep. It'll help greatly.

I too can have the first night after a long time without chastity, that it hurts sleeping. Nowadays, I just pull my penis out of the tube at night and continue sleeping, and next day, I'll require some form of punishment. Usually 2nd night, all is fine and no wake up anymore.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

KinkInSpace wrote:Chastity is not really about being in an inescapable device with the ability to orgasm being taken away. It is more being in a device that enhances your bdsm experience by doing it somewhat.

All devices that claim to have a feature that prohibits you from escaping will always cause pain or discomfort in the long run.

Then again discomfort is part of the game anyway.
A good point made KinkInSpace. In my situation viewtopic.php?f=12&t=13515 I am easily able to masturbate and orgasm if I want to as I have full access to my cock but I don't because my chastity is voluntary or rather I voluntarily gave the decision as to when I can and not orgasm to my hand I stick to it because it not only brings pleasure to my wife but also to me.

Chastity is as much a mental thing as a physical thing. I think if you are looking for a comfy cage to wear for a long time then you're going to be able to pull out of it, doubtful you'll be able to remove it totally as it will still be trapping your balls, there again even if you can't pull out there is nothing stopping you from having an orgasm through vibrating the cage and various ways. So you need some mental discipline to go along with the cage.

In a lot of cases where someone else holds the key, it is more a situation of the cage being a symbolic sign of your submission to another then it stopping you from having an orgasm.
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
Sashauk

Post by Sashauk »

tueffy wrote:Another option would be 3D printed devices like the ones from Cherrykeeper or Kink3D. They have a lot of different sizes and some guides for finding the right ones for you. Plus they are relatively cheap.
If you go for a 3D printed one I would suggest you look at AliExpress. They have 'replicas' of the Cherrykeeper with the added advantage of they come with a complete set of rings, and for a fraction of the price of the 'real' thing.

I have two of these (the Micro and the Stub) https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003 ... 8584%21sea

In my opinion they are well made (no sharp edges etc.) and comfortable for long term wear.
hogfan-sub

Post by hogfan-sub »

Thank you all so much for your expertise and advice; much appreciated. I thought long and hard( :shock: ) before spending. I have found "anatomical" difficulties with the solid ring style devices; hinged rings seem to cope better down there!

I found a good deal on a genuine "The Vice Mini", and my incurable curiosity (and masochism!!) got the better of me.
I am now locked in, and I must say that first impressions are good. Spending a bit more for a decently engineered product is rewarding already. I've started with the largest ring and spacer with the medium anti-pullout and so far, everything is snug and comfortable. The anti-pullout makes its presence felt when erections begin, but nothing unduly painful, and when everything settles down, I don't really have a clue that it's there. Having "settled in" for a few hours, I'm also having a little exploratory play with a "My First Lock" on Chaster; just six hours, to see how it all works, but these kind of games are really exciting to think about. It's not too clear on the site, but how do you set up a lock whereby other people can interact with it? Is that all part of the "premium" service, or am I just really useless with computers? :rofl: Here's hoping that I have finally found a device that is truly up to the job! :D
"There is something comforting about being tied up" (Madonna).....Oh how I agree!!

"I've still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission." (HAL 9000)
hogfan-sub

Post by hogfan-sub »

KinkInSpace wrote: If you are ready to spend a bit more money, seriously, get a Holy Trainer cage.

Hi again. Thank you, KinkInSpace for your previous advice, which to be honest, I wish I had heeded more, rather than get too ahead of myself...serves me right!
I did go for The Vice, and I am currently four days into a longish-term lock. No really worrying problems, but I definitely agree that anything super long-term could be problematic. Already after some nights of "raging wood", the pressure around the inside of the base ring is letting me know that it could easily get uncomfortable. So to my enquiry now, and an honest preparedness to take some good advice.

I do have enough reserve "pocket money" to go for a Holy Trainer. I am finding that the Vice Mini does its job very well, but being "uncut", I think I definitely need to go for a standard size; the foreskin is not overly liking the more extreme restriction. Base rings have always been my problem. On knock-off devices, I've tried 45mm which is usually way too tight, or 50mm which is too large. With The Vice, I use the 50mm ring which size wise is about right, would that likely be the same with the Holy Trainer?

My other question is, I presume that the Swiss Holy Trainer site is the best place to order? Too many other sites seem to be offering £30 fakes! I'm being ultra cautious, because I've heard a few reviews that Holy Trainer sting their customers with poorly advertised import taxes of almost the same price again! If I am going to end up with a much lighter wallet, I'd like to make the most reliable purchase possible. Hope that's not too unclear, and thank you for any advice you might have...which this time I will listen to!!! :D

ponylady

Post by ponylady »

hogfan-sub wrote: My other question is, I presume that the Swiss Holy Trainer site is the best place to order? Too many other sites seem to be offering £30 fakes! I'm being ultra cautious, because I've heard a few reviews that Holy Trainer sting their customers with poorly advertised import taxes of almost the same price again!
Well, just ask brexeteer boris if he has already struck a favorable trade deal with switzerland.

Otherwise, since UK & swiss are now both unaffilated, i suggest a call to your friendly neighbourhood
Customs offkce to inquire about import duties currently placed on swiss goods.
[
Sergio

Post by Sergio »

It's not really the role of the manufacturer to know what import duties and handling fees will be to any destination, but Switzerland probably counts as 'rest of the world' so it's likely to be VAT at 20% and a processing fee of £8 or thereabouts.
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

hogfan-sub wrote:
KinkInSpace wrote: If you are ready to spend a bit more money, seriously, get a Holy Trainer cage.

Hi again. Thank you, KinkInSpace for your previous advice, which to be honest, I wish I had heeded more, rather than get too ahead of myself...serves me right!
I did go for The Vice, and I am currently four days into a longish-term lock. No really worrying problems, but I definitely agree that anything super long-term could be problematic. Already after some nights of "raging wood", the pressure around the inside of the base ring is letting me know that it could easily get uncomfortable. So to my enquiry now, and an honest preparedness to take some good advice.

I do have enough reserve "pocket money" to go for a Holy Trainer. I am finding that the Vice Mini does its job very well, but being "uncut", I think I definitely need to go for a standard size; the foreskin is not overly liking the more extreme restriction. Base rings have always been my problem. On knock-off devices, I've tried 45mm which is usually way too tight, or 50mm which is too large. With The Vice, I use the 50mm ring which size wise is about right, would that likely be the same with the Holy Trainer?

My other question is, I presume that the Swiss Holy Trainer site is the best place to order? Too many other sites seem to be offering £30 fakes! I'm being ultra cautious, because I've heard a few reviews that Holy Trainer sting their customers with poorly advertised import taxes of almost the same price again! If I am going to end up with a much lighter wallet, I'd like to make the most reliable purchase possible. Hope that's not too unclear, and thank you for any advice you might have...which this time I will listen to!!! :D
You could try contacting the sellers and see if they'd be willing to ship it with the value of a knock-off on the shipping label. That would save a lot of VAT
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

hogfan-sub wrote:

Raging wood is something that will happen in every cage for the first x nights. There are some that say it doesn't happen in their cage, but I'm fairly sure it will work in most cages at some point.

From my own experience and based on what you write, the 45mm ring should be right for you. Sizes per cage will differ because their shape will differ too, but given I too have the vice, with the vice I needed the 50mm ring too for it to be comfortable, but it did also feel too large.

In addition to this, it really helps to be shaven smoothly around the base of the penis. This will ensure that during the night, the ring moves and that prevents that spot from aching when pressure is applied. As for the length of the tube, this is hard and really depends on how large your member is in its most flaccid state. You will want a cage that may allow you a little bit of space when fully flaccid, but only just. Not too crampy, and not too loose either. The larger the tube is compared to your member, the more uncomfortable it can get and also the harder it is to pee through the hole.

As for wearing the cage, you will want your foreskin to not be in the cage, so your cockhead touches the cage bare. This is the most comfortable and easiest to clean. Keep in mind that the construction with the Vice puts a lot of strain on your foreskin too, which is probably what you're experiencing.

Lets say your member is 5 to 8 cm length fully flaccid, you would want to get the holy trainer small.

As for getting it in the UK, I bought mine from a dutch sex retail store that I've shopped a lot with. I know they only sell real stuff, not fake knock offs because all their prices resemble that. So I'm positive that if you find a sex shop in the UK and their price seems right, it probably is the real deal. Here's one for example: https://www.sinful.co.uk/holytrainer
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
hogfan-sub

Post by hogfan-sub »

Thanks to you all for the very helpful thoughts/advice; much appreciated! :love:

hogfan-sub

Post by hogfan-sub »

KinkInSpace wrote:
hogfan-sub wrote:
I think that my anatomy must be a little "awkward" in ways I've not really noticed since exploring chastity :?
The measurements I take of myself always seem to indicate larger rings, but the wearing of them....not an exact science! :|
I am on the verge of getting a proper Holy Trainer, as I like so much what I read about them, and recommendations are always positive. Be it right or wrong, before I take the plunge, I've just taken delivery of a lower-priced "Bondage Locker" Holy Trainer lookalike, just to try a variety of the four ring sizes they provide which, although "knock-off", do seem to follow the contoured shape of the real thing. I am taking advantage of the hygiene breaks I am allowed in my current lock-up, to try between them, the different sizes. I'm in a 55mm at present, which certainly feels very comfortable, but wether or not it will retain "the goods", remains to be seen. Albeit a low-priced copy, I can already tell that The Vice would be good for short bursts of accentuated confinement, but I begin to experience its limitations for long-term wear, which is clearly where I'm heading now. A good few days of trying these different sized rings, and it'll be time for the real thing I'm sure :D

KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

Yeah, smart.

I'm fairly sure these cheap ones are good enough. Do keep in mind that they are not exactly the same. I have a cheaper one that works very well actually, but I can't use the ring of one with the tube of the other as they don't exactly fit. They feel a bit less polished too, but seem to be very sturdy otherwise. You may actually find the cage good enough and stick with it. The only thing you do need to watch for, if they really are bio resin, because that is what makes the HolyTrainer so good. I have quite a few platic cages now, and it feels so much harder than the HT. The HT is still a solid non flexible cage, but the skin seems to like it so well, like there's a soft padding on the inside similarly on how a cheap chair feels really hard to sit on, but the more expensive chairs have this foam and cloth layer on top which makes it feel so much more comfortable.

The Bio resin does that for plastic. Its a different material that is softer, but at the same time not at all flexible.

Also, I do have a metal version of the HT that was not from them, but a cheaper knock off, and it performs really well. It is of course not bio resin, but instead stainless steal, but its shape is very similar. Its heavier and the edges feel sharper. Definitely not a cage I can wear prolonged, but it is a cage I can do for a longer session and wear it for 10 or so hours. In the beginning it lacks comfort, but after a while, you get accustomed to it, and then it works much better.
hogfan-sub

Post by hogfan-sub »

KinkInSpace wrote:Yeah, smart.

I'm fairly sure these cheap ones are good enough. Do keep in mind that they are not exactly the same. I have a cheaper one that works very well actually, but I can't use the ring of one with the tube of the other as they don't exactly fit. They feel a bit less polished too, but seem to be very sturdy otherwise. You may actually find the cage good enough and stick with it. The only thing you do need to watch for, if they really are bio resin, because that is what makes the HolyTrainer so good. I have quite a few platic cages now, and it feels so much harder than the HT. The HT is still a solid non flexible cage, but the skin seems to like it so well, like there's a soft padding on the inside similarly on how a cheap chair feels really hard to sit on, but the more expensive chairs have this foam and cloth layer on top which makes it feel so much more comfortable.

The Bio resin does that for plastic. Its a different material that is softer, but at the same time not at all flexible.

Also, I do have a metal version of the HT that was not from them, but a cheaper knock off, and it performs really well. It is of course not bio resin, but instead stainless steal, but its shape is very similar. Its heavier and the edges feel sharper. Definitely not a cage I can wear prolonged, but it is a cage I can do for a longer session and wear it for 10 or so hours. In the beginning it lacks comfort, but after a while, you get accustomed to it, and then it works much better.
Thank you again for the helpful advice. As you rightly say, the knock-off HT very quickly became noticeably uncomfortable, and while it was clear that I should probably be heading for a 45mm ring, there was just no way that I was going to get into it with this device. However, what I did try, was going back to The Vice, dropping down to the 45mm ring, and leaving out the anti-pullout and using the locking cap instead....instantly better! I have been in that configuration for almost 12 hours now, and on occasions I'm not even aware of wearing it. The 45mm fits perfectly, and it was the anti-pullout that was making the whole thing soon uncomfortable; just the extra mass of plastic caused chafing which, so far, I don't have today. I am still tempted though to give a proper HT a go, but this new configuration of The Vice (without the vice:-) has definitely bought me some extra saving-up time. Just one further point if I may ask from your experience. I am uncut, and the foreskin does indeed cause problems, I have tried rolling it back prior to putting the cage on, but it always seems to "roll forward" again soon into the lock-up. When I was using the anti-pullout it sort of worked but did lead to some oedema at the foreskin tip which I did not either like or consider a safe situation. Any (ahem!) tips on dealing with unruly foreskins would be greatly appreciated.....I was even thinking that if this is a long-term endeavour, elective circumcision could be an option, but a) I'm getting on a bit!! and b) I'm not too sure what a surgeon would make of the proposal (a more "mainstream" reason of course might need to be given;-). But seriously, if I'm missing something obvious on how to keep this troublesome fold of skin at bay, that'd be great :D