New Cage - Advice?

Chastity is perhaps the ultimate in long term selfbondage.
TyronD

New Cage - Advice?

Post by TyronD »

Hi :)

I bought two cock cages many years ago (very cheap ones to see if I will like it) and played around with them. Later with my girlfriend. They were "fine" and (against other messages on the net) I could wear them for a month with ease.
One cage is a metal one, the other one is a plastic one. My girlffriend and I don't like the plastic one, because it starts to smell already after a very short period of time. The metal one is really nice, but also has some issues like the ring is pinching, the lock is anoying and the edges are kind of sharp. I feel great discomfort if I get a hard on, but that's perfectly fine (at least I was told so :D ) and should stay that way.

Long story short: yesterday I woke up with bloody scratches and the decision is: It's time for a new and better cage.

What I'm looking for:
- metal
- the A-ring should be openable
- not visible (so not bulky, not a belt, etc)
- wearable 24/7

No need for:
- "100% safety", it's more kind of a nice reminder and not really a chastity device, if you know what I mean
- completely closed, same reason as first point. Also I don't cum easily. coming in my cage is nearly impossible even if I could touch it and already a month without orgasm

The "Lancelot Deluxe with anatomic A ring" had catched our eyes. It seems really nice. Does anyone own one? Any good or bad experiences with?
If someone switched to such a cage from a simple metal one: I'm not sure how to messure the right sizes for the lancelot. The A-ring is the easiest part: I take the same diameter than the current ring.
But I have no idea for the cage length. My cage at the moment has a length of 7.5cm (messured). The page on the internet states around 10cm. But the A-ring and the cage has much more space between them than it's the case for the lancelot. Any tips?

Also: It does not have to be the lancelot. Any other tipps for a good cage? I know there are a LOT out there and I read about most of them 8) But that's also the issue... I have no clue.

I'm kind of lost right now, so sorry for missing a red line in this post :lol: If you read till this point and you have anything to contribute (experience with the lancelot, recommendation for a cage, etc) feel free to reply. I'm very glad if you do :)

All the best and stay safe,
TyronD
lj

Re: New Cage - Advice?

Post by lj »

I have no experience of the Lancelot cage, so can't comment, but I can make a few suggestions based on experience with other devices.

First, personally I wouldn't use one with an openable (hinged) A ring. I developed some nasty sores very quickly, with a CBxxxx (can't remember which) that had a hinged ring - even with some thin silicone tube bridging the hinge. I've found no problem getting in and out of the solid A ring type (I mean putting the device on or off, not when it is locked!)

You will always get some initial discomfort with any device, your body needs to get used to it and that may take months, even when correctly sized, but you certainly shouldn't draw blood!!!!

My main experience is with a Mature Metals Jailbird, which is a custom-sized stainless steel device.

Sizing is very important and needs some care taking measurements. The A ring should be a fairly close fit before fitting the cage. The cage diameter needs to be close to your shaft's diameter when completely flaccid, and the length quoted for manufacture is the flaccid length or a bit shorter. This means the cage itself will be shorter than the entire penis, to allow for the length between the bady wall and the A ring and gap between ring and cage. The gap is a bit tricky to determine, paritcularly as it is the actual gap between ring and cage, which will depend upon the ring diameter, the cage diameter, and the separation determined by the length of the pillar joining the two. Mature Metal suggest starting with 3/8" but this is their pillar separation measurement, but it seems to be generally OK whatever way you measure it!

The aim of the sizing is to build a cage that stops any chance of an erection developing. If the cage is small enough, an attempted erection reaches the restriction of the cage long before it becomes an irreversible process - this stops the well-known problem of a developing erection trying to pull the device away from your body (and balls!) with painful results. This is all down to the hydraulics of an erection.

The cage is an open structure, so hygiene is simple. As the device is small (unless you are hung like the proverbial horse) and you can get a version that uses a secure screw rather than a padlock, it would only be visible if you wore very tight clothes, and even then would simply look as though you are indeed, "well hung". Mine, with a padlock, is not noticeable wearing normal clothes.

Your problem with a painful hard-on is the result of too big a cage, the scratches the result of poor workmanship. As others have said, there is no such thing as 100% security. With my JailBird I could extract my penis from the cage, but removing the entire device would be VERY painful getting balls through the gap (I had one sneak out once, ten seconds I never want to repeat, and then had to drive home 100 miles with the device half-on/half off as there was no way I would return the ball back through the gap!)

Many people are happy with an off-the-shelf device, though have often bought several before finding one that works for them, my view is that it is worth paying the same or more for a device that works first time (after your first experiments)
be a switch, double the fun :-)
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

I don't have much experience with long term wear but my experience with the one hinged ring cage I've owned (I threw it out) was that it just wasn't great. That was a cheap cage though.

When you say the "Lancelot Deluxe with anatomic A ring" can you provide a link to where you see this for sale? Because I see a lot of cheap chinese knock-off cages of varying designs abusing the name. The original with a chainmail "cage" does not appear to be made anymore. Any site referencing them seems to be about 10 years old or older.
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

I own many cages, metals and plastic/bioresin kind of cages. My preference definitely goes to a bioresin one, and it only develops a smell after a day and only if you are sexually aroused and possibly have issues urinating. The comfort of bioresin vs steel is huge. I have the Holy Trainer v3 both in metal and in bioresin and both are nice, but the metal version, because its not flexible at all, feels like it has sharp edges and thus brings discomfort. The bioresin one however, I can easily wear for a long time with only the initial erection problems and maybe if there's trapped hair under the ring.

When I wear this cage prolonged, I always make it a chore that I clean myself once a day. That way no odors develop. The other metal cages I have are not entirely closed and that seems to bring extra comfort, so it almost seems like what you want is going to be so specific that you probably have to find it yourself.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
TyronD

Post by TyronD »

Thanks to all of you :)

hinged A ring is sadly mandatory. I have too much fear to get stuck. I tried it once and it was pure horror for me :/ The cage I used until now is a realy cheap one (you will laugh: https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/61i ... L1001_.jpg). The A ring has real issues (because of big gaps, etc) at the hinge but I could handle it, also when wearing it for a "long" time. So I guess that wont be a problem and I have to endure it.
lj wrote:My main experience is with a Mature Metals Jailbird, which is a custom-sized stainless steel device.
Something like that would also be fine, I guess. As said: it does not have to be closed. Do you like the cage? Is this a recommandation?

Also thanks for the information about measurements :)
lj wrote:The aim of the sizing is to build a cage that stops any chance of an erection developing. If the cage is small enough, an attempted erection reaches the restriction of the cage long before it becomes an irreversible process - this stops the well-known problem of a developing erection trying to pull the device away from your body (and balls!) with painful results.
lj wrote:Your problem with a painful hard-on is the result of too big a cage,
I'm aware of that this is a very special thing and most people don't like that. My girlfriend on the other hand really likes it (and I like it too tbh). Pain inflicted by her just by teasing me a bit makes her smile more than anything else :D
Also to mention: We don't life a female led life style or ansthing like that. It's a sexual thing and only lasts a couple of weeks, one or two month. So I don't wear the cage for several month in a row.
lj wrote:the scratches the result of poor workmanship.
Absolutly. It's a cage for a few bucks and very poor quality.
lj wrote:As others have said, there is no such thing as 100% security. With my JailBird I could extract my penis from the cage, but removing the entire device would be VERY painful getting balls through the gap
That is completely fine. As said in my first post: It's more a reminder of who is in charge and a tool for punishing "getting" erections, etc. The cage does not need to prevent masturbation, I would never do so when I'm not allowed and if she would find out... no I don't really want this. It's trust based in our relationship and as you said: there is no 100% (I'm very good at locksmithing and she knows that... so... good luck anyways. In an emergency I can open padlocks, also the build in locks, within seconds :| ).
Gregovic wrote:When you say the "Lancelot Deluxe with anatomic A ring" can you provide a link to where you see this for sale? Because I see a lot of cheap chinese knock-off cages of varying designs abusing the name. The original with a chainmail "cage" does not appear to be made anymore. Any site referencing them seems to be about 10 years old or older.
Yes. It's an older product but I think it's still produced on demand: https://www.boutique-bizarre.de/Lancelo ... e/OS600.45 (german website / shop from Hamburg)
KinkInSpace wrote:I own many cages, metals and plastic/bioresin kind of cages. My preference definitely goes to a bioresin one, and it only develops a smell after a day and only if you are sexually aroused and possibly have issues urinating. The comfort of bioresin vs steel is huge. I have the Holy Trainer v3 both in metal and in bioresin and both are nice, but the metal version, because its not flexible at all, feels like it has sharp edges and thus brings discomfort. The bioresin one however, I can easily wear for a long time with only the initial erection problems and maybe if there's trapped hair under the ring.

When I wear this cage prolonged, I always make it a chore that I clean myself once a day. That way no odors develop. The other metal cages I have are not entirely closed and that seems to bring extra comfort, so it almost seems like what you want is going to be so specific that you probably have to find it yourself.
Thank you too. Yes I guessed so. I think I just have to test multiple ones and see how they feel. The discomfort is kind of wanted. So... yes I guess it's a little bit of a different scenario / basic assumption.

Thank you so far :) If anyone has anything to add please feel free to respond. I will take my time, perhaps make a phone call with the manifacture of lancelot and / or try out the metal jailbird Ij suggested. Will see. It will take some time. It's "a lot" of money and I don't want to put thousends of dollars into it without a good result. :wink:

Have a nice day,
TyronD
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

Not getting out of a ring only happens if you have an erection. The shaft is much bigger and thus there is little room for the balls to go through. Once your erection subsides, it gets easier and easier. And don't forget, a flaccid penis can easily be pulled out first, and once that is out of the way, the ring basically falls off.

So please don't make fear for not getting the ring off a reason to go for a hinged system. The only reason I could see one using a hinge, is because they are so aroused by the thought of chastity, that they can't get the ring on in the first place.

And lastly, although it may hurt, you can use force to push balls through even with a semi erection. That will hurt, but is not impossible, and don't forget, if you can get it on, you can always get it off at some point. If an erection builds up and you feel a very constricted ring that basically keeps the erection alive, just do 2 things.

1. Put something small between the ring and the penis to create a gap and allow the blood to flow back up
2. Do something non sexual that lasts for at least 10 minutes, such as playing a game on your phone. With your mindset fixed to something completely different, the erection will soon stop.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
lj

Post by lj »

Wise words from KinkInSpace !

First, 100% agree with the advice re the OP's concerns over getting trapped by a solid A ring. I thought exactly the same thing. I had a CBxxxx with a hinge, got a bad sore from the hinge and bought some solid rings, which being plastic, could easily be cut open (with care :shock: ).

As KIS says, if putting the device on makes you hard, that is the problem. Once you wear the device regularly you accept it as part of your clothing, and it is an exciting as clothing or any other regular part of life, and your body stops reacting that way. Of course if the sole reason for putting it on is for sexual thrills, that may remain a problem.

Putting the device on, and taking it off, follows much the same procedure. When fully relaxed, insert one ball through the ring, then the other, and finally the flaccid penis, fit the cage, fit the lock. Removal is an exact reverse of this. To test this, try fitting the hinge version with the ring closed (use whatever works as a temporary fixing) It is a confidence thing, nothing more. If you get an erection, do as KIS says, or take a shower, apply some cold water and ice, some non-sexual distraction until you relax fully. You already know a ring size that works from the point of view of comfort for wear for several days, so unless you change to a solid ring that is barely big enough for one ball to go through, a solid ring of the same size as your hinged ring really isn't a problem.

If you and your GF get a kick out of your suffering, you can get some anti-pull-out accessories that will usually be some form of points, blunt or sharp, that will press on your erect penis, causing pain, but be almost un-noticeable when relaxed. I know Mature Metal do something along these lines, fitting between the ring and cage, or within the cage - I didn't bother as our use was to enforce/remind chastity, not apply pain ( canes and whips were the choice for that...)
be a switch, double the fun :-)
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

One point of advice for anti-pullout though... If the cage is not the proper size for you, these anti-pullout may get placed on the area of your penis where the pleasure muscle is. I have a cage with one of those (really sharp I may add) points. It really hurts getting an erection, but the points are not positioned low enough on my penis but instead hit my pleasure center. An orgasm is nearly inevitable. Wearing the cage without these can still be done of course, but its just something to keep in mind. I wanted it to be a torture device, but due to it not fitting properly, it isn't anymore.
TyronD

Post by TyronD »

Hey :)

I really appreciate your advices! I know how to use a non-hinged / closed A-ring, but as described above... no way. Perhaps some time in the future. It's not a "normal fear", it's more like I really start to panic like hell, even if I know it's not a big deal. Some people have such irrational fear of spiders, snakes or heights. I have an irrational fear of a closed ring around my cock / balls :lol: (I don't like cockrings either, even rubber ones). Don't know why :facepalm:

The other cage I own has spike inserts as you described. They're kind of fun, but not proven in daily life. Just for a session sometimes. But my gf prefers a kalis teeth bracelet over these spikes a lot.

Can I ask you something offtopic (because KinkOfSpace addressed it): Did ice work for you to stop an erection? It never worked for me (for real). It was one of the first things I read as an advice against an erection (when I started experimenting with a cock cage and had trouble getting in first), but it never worked (until today). I can put my hard on between two big packs of beans right from the freezer... the hard on keeps... hard. -.- I tried water with ice cubes, packs of beans / crushed ice, we tried to use cooler spray from sports medicine. No reaction (instead of a cold, rocking hard cock).

Again: Thanks for your input. I really appreciate it :)
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

Cold will work, but only if you are not aroused. When not aroused, cold will make the body preserve itself, and all blood is redirected which results in the balls contract and move closer such that less energy is required to keep your junk warm.

This does require a few things.

1. Not being aroused
2. Taken enough time to get cold such that the body feels a need to protect itself.
3. Nothing that stimulates into arousal.

If your masochistic mind gets turned on by ice touching your penis, then this is never going to work. It really starts with your mindset wanting your penis flaccid, aka not into anything sexual.