Emergency Key

Chastity is perhaps the ultimate in long term selfbondage.
Keyless

Emergency Key

Post by Keyless »

As I have got older, the post orgasm grumpy period has got longer. Neither I nor Mistress K like this so minimal orgasms is what we both want. That means that it is particularly important that I am locked at times of maximum temptation. If I am alone in the house is one such occasion. I had devised a method using a short thick rubber band passed through the hole in the key, doubled back and both ends locked to a ring on the belt of my full chastity belt with a small padlock. I could use the key, but I would have to break the band to do it and I could not replace it because I would need to open the lock to get the band back onto the hasp. That’s too easy to use said Mistress K. Actually I wasn't happy with the level of temptation either. We wanted a straightforward solution, which would make it easy for me to get the key but at serious cost. I realised we have a sideboard with a glass front and a lock. It belonged to my parents, so it has some sentimental value. I suggested that the key to my chastity belt go in there, the cupboard be locked and the key put in the safe. That way I can see the key. I could get it easily by just breaking the glass, but I wouldn’t do that unless there was a real emergency. An effective solution requiring no special set up, so quick and easy to use.

Thinking of using furniture to hold an emergency key, a tantalus could be fun if it fits in with your other decor. There are all sorts of styles and a wide range of prices in Ebay. It’s portable too. I might get one.
Shannon SteelSlave

Re: Emergency Key

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Wouldn't breaking that glass mean you have to explain to more people than just the Mistress? I think it better to use something beautiful and expensive, rather than priceless and irreplaceable. Maybe a tightly fixed in place glass object filled with something that will make a mess, either expensive or time consuming to clean if broken that will produce the key?
I don't want to completely hi jack a possible conversation starting thread, but what about a bluetooth cellular telephone machine controlled lock. That way, you can always ask permission, and be allowed or denied.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
lobster

Post by lobster »

You can get numbered plastic Chastity locks. These are little plastic devices that you can break open in case of an emergency, but given they are numbered you can now easily find out if the device has been tampered or manipulated with. Depending on the type of device, you could use these directly on the device, or put the key in a separated box and lock this.

lj

Post by lj »

I might be going a bit hardcore here, but why do you need an emergency key for a chastity device? I fully understand the need for a safety release for bondage, but can't see the need for one whilst locked in a chastity device.

here's the logic.

In a medical emergency the device will be removed if it is in the way of treatment, otherwise it will be ignored. If your house catches fire, a chastity device does not limit escape. The nature of a chastity device is that it is wearable and therefore does not interfere with day-to-day activities.

If we are talking about a plastic device then a simple tool eg. wire cutters, small saw, guarantee release. A steel device (like my JailBird) could be cut away with a small grinder (Dremel etc). I don't have experience of a full belt, but again a small grinder would cut a padlock shakle. All of these produce clear evidence of release, and at a cost. A particular belt design may make the simple approach difficult, but anything that can be fabricated can also be broken.

In my own experience with the JailBird, on a couple of occasions before I made some adjustments, I had the very painful experience of one testicle escaping through the gap. Painful, yes - emergency no. As I wasn't going to try to re-insert it, I had to put up with the mild discomfort until I was permitted the key and re-fit the device.

So I don't have an emergency key.
be a switch, double the fun :-)
Keyless

Post by Keyless »

Thanks for the great ideas. Unfortunately they don’t quite meet the present requirement but it’s a good discussion that might well help someone else.
Shannon SteelSlave wrote:Wouldn't breaking that glass mean you have to explain to more people than just the Mistress? I think it better to use something beautiful and expensive, rather than priceless and irreplaceable. Maybe a tightly fixed in place glass object filled with something that will make a mess, either expensive or time consuming to clean if broken that will produce the key?
I don't want to completely hi jack a possible conversation starting thread, but what about a bluetooth cellular telephone machine controlled lock. That way, you can always ask permission, and be allowed or denied.
You are right to say something beautiful and expensive. Actually the sideboard is OK. No one else to explain to. It's not all that important sentimentally but enough to stop me damaging it except in a real emergency. As for alternatives, I've suggested the tantalus and another (probably over complicated) idea at this post viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11400&p=82340&hilit=bottle#p82340 . They both seemed to involve whisky or some other spirit! I really don't like the "make a mess" idea. I don't know why really. I think I'm afraid that the mess will occur by accident. I think it might be OK if it didn't involve an open pot of "mess" and a lot of setting up etc. I suppose smashing a bottle of spirits would make quite a mess. With a real antique tantalus, smashing one of the decanters would be expensive.

I love the idea of the bluetooth lock. Remote control :) . Unfortunately not for this purpose though. We used to rely on me being able to phone Mistress K to get the safe combination, but she didn't like it because she could not guarantee to be able to answer at all times. Basically that was the reason for hunting for an alternative.
lobster wrote:You can get numbered plastic Chastity locks. These are little plastic devices that you can break open in case of an emergency, but given they are numbered you can now easily find out if the device has been tampered or manipulated with. Depending on the type of device, you could use these directly on the device, or put the key in a separated box and lock this.
Unfortunately a detection of cheating method doesn't satisfy Mistress K. I do have an alternative to plastic locks. I tried to explain it above, but I really need to get a photo and post it properly. When I suggested I use it for the home alone situation she just said I could get out far too easily and it wouldn't do :whip: . I don't really like the temptation either.
lj wrote:I might be going a bit hardcore here, but why do you need an emergency key for a chastity device? I fully understand the need for a safety release for bondage, but can't see the need for one whilst locked in a chastity device.
Thanks. If the device was not that difficult to remove I wouldn't want an emergency key either, but I have a home made full belt. A bit like this guy I referred to here viewtopic.php?f=20&t=12077&p=87694&hili ... ity#p87694 . Just like him, my belt would not be easy to remove. I know it’s probably silly, but I really wanted it that way and did everything I could to make it difficult to get out. Normally the keys are locked in the safe or Mistress carries one with her. It’s just the home alone situation where I need an emergency key. Also, perhaps I should have said that I certainly don't get an emergency key if Mistress is only going a short distance and we know she has phone coverage. I don't have an emergency key to go to the local shops etc either.
lj

Post by lj »

OK Keyless, you are indeed hardcore!!!

I know from personal experience (no, not trying to escape) that stainless steel requires the right tools to cut safely, and a hand-saw is not the right tool. Water-coolong and a grinder would be ok, if messy, but would need someone else to use it, plus a lot of protection.

just an aside, a pal of mine hand a stuck-in-bondage event. He was cross-dressed and chained to a bed, his partner unlocked all but the last padlock, which wouldn't budge. He asked her to get his Dremel and started grinding the chain links. In his enthusiasm he didn't notice immediately that his stocking had caught fire ignitied by the sparks :shock: In his haste to put out the fire he dropped the Dremel on the floor, and it drilled itself across the floor and buried iteself into the wall. His partner, rather unsympathetically, was convulsed with laughter :rofl:
be a switch, double the fun :-)
Keyless

Post by Keyless »

lj wrote:OK Keyless, you are indeed hardcore!!!
Hardcore - I like that! I'm not really ‘cos I don’t have to wear the belt all the time. It’s really for the major temptation times; overnight, chained up to do ironing and home alone. Mistress does like the effect it has on me. Sometimes she tells me to get it on, sometimes I ask. Once it is on it usually stays that way for two or 3 days then it comes off, usually so I can go swimming or something. If she is being serious it goes back on when I get home. It’s not on at the moment ‘cos Mistress is not well and does not feel like playing. Not good. I’m taking too many liberties. It’s strange, if I am not restrained I sometimes can’t get kinky thoughts out of my head. That all stops when the lock clicks.

A hand hack saw does work on stainless steel, but its hard work. There's a technique to cutting stainless as well. It forms a work hardened surface if you are not careful. If you're drilling etc you must keep cutting once started. I haven’t tried, but I think I could probably saw my way out of the belt. If I could clamp it in a vice I expect I could do it in minutes. I’ve really no idea how long if I’m wearing it, a lot longer I expect. I hate grinders. As you say lots of sparks, heat and potential for accidents. I’m pleased your pals accident wasn’t serious. Molten nylon on the skin could be nasty.
Shannon SteelSlave

If I ever got stuck, I'm calling on you, Keyless. Now we are the keys to these sandals?
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
👠👠
Keyless

Post by Keyless »

Here are some pictures of my method carrying an emergency key so that is easy to get at but I cannot use it without detection. In the first photo the lock is not attached to the belt, so you can see the important detail. The rubber band is a sliver cut from a bicycle inner tube. It is pushed through the hole in the key and the ends looped onto the shackle of the padlock. The second picture shows the device locked onto a tiny staple on the front of my chastity belt. The sticky tape is just to keep everything tidy. The staple is about 3 inches to one side of the main lock. The rubber band won’t stretch enough to get the key in the lock, so I would have to break the band to unlock. I could get another band, but I couldn’t put it back without unlocking the lock and, of course, I don’t have the key. If anyone else has to unlock the belt in an emergency, they can see the key and surely would figure out what it was and how to get it.

You may be wondering what I am doing with the lock and key. I assure you that the one in the photo is not the real one. That’s locked in the safe in case it's needed.

As I said above, it’s not our favourite method but useful for some situations. It can easily be removed when not required, and there is no need for Mistress to record numbers, as with the numbered plastic locks.
Attachments
emer_key_det.png
emer_key_det.png (119.02 KiB) Viewed 3873 times
emergency_fitted2.png
emergency_fitted2.png (134.75 KiB) Viewed 3873 times
Zipzipper

Post by Zipzipper »

I use a simple piece of tube with a security numbered tag. My online keyholder want to see both keys to my cage secured.
Attachments
20190918_113523_crop_16.jpg
Last edited by Zipzipper on 18 Sep 2019, 01:42, edited 2 times in total.
Shannon SteelSlave

That is a pretty sweet idea. Even more secure than my old idea:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=12026#p86423
Mine is probably better for an otherwise inescapable bondage scenario. You can use regular padlocks instead of the electronic timers if you don't trust them.
👠👠
Keyless

Post by Keyless »

lj wrote:OK Keyless, you are indeed hardcore!!!
I still don't think I'm hardcore, but we are trying to move things in that direction.

After many years of trying, I seem to have a secure full belt which I can wear for reasonably long periods.

I have done all I can to make the belt as frustrating as possible and the latest modifications are a considerable improvement. It is still more than adequately uncomfortable (Jimdini please note). It is locked in position over my pelvis, so I cannot move it more than a few mm. The open end of the tube is shaped to fit me and held close against my groin with very little movement possible, so there is no chance to pull out. If I attempt an erection the little stud inside the top of the tube soon provides discouragement. I can’t reach orgasm and if I try I just end up more frustrated.

There is no way I can get out of the belt either. The lock is a decent quality Abus padlock. All the metal is thick enough to ensure I cannot bend it to get any more freedom. The lock hasp is shrouded so bolt cutters are useless. To get out without the key I would have to cut the belt. As I said above; very difficult if I am wearing it. Once it’s locked there is nothing I can do to help myself except be nice to Mistress K. I think it has taken her a while to realise just how helpless I really am.

We seem to be settling into a routine of sessions. Mistress K allows me an orgasm when she determines that the session is over. I then have a few days to get over the grumps and a new session starts.

I am allowed out when necessary but, as time goes on, fewer situations seem to qualify as “necessary”. At first I was not always re-locked until bedtime. Now I have had to promise to re-lock myself as soon as the reason for release is over. Mistress K has stated that there is no way she will allow me to be unlocked whilst she is out of the house.

The longest session so far was 36 days, but I was only locked for 80% of the time. The last completed session was only 14 days, but I was locked 97% of the time. This regime started last November. Since then, I have been locked over 50% of the time, including the gaps between sessions.

Here's hoping it gets stricter. Wish me luck.