Upgrading from plastic to metal...Quick question

Chastity is perhaps the ultimate in long term selfbondage.
Staffordboundboy

Upgrading from plastic to metal...Quick question

Post by Staffordboundboy »

I have recently got back into chastity & have just upgraded from a knockoff plastic CB600s to a metal device. The plastic cage had a 50mm base ring which fitted well, but with the extra weight on the metal ring I need to buy a smaller one. I've found places that sell solid replacement rings. I was just wondering before I purchase one if anybody knows of a UK based seller that sells the hinged metal rings?
lj

Re: Upgrading from plastic to metal...Quick question

Post by lj »

a bit of a side-ways answer...

in my experience, hinged rings lead to bad experiences, like sores! as the hinge tends to trap skin and rub or otherwise damage it.

Why not use a solid ring ? Perhaps you are concerned it will be a one-way trip - once you have the vital parts through it, you can't get them back out ? That did cross my mind, until I tried various ring diameters, and found that two-way travel is the normal condition.

Perhaps if you used a very small ring, you could cause swelling to occur because blood became trapped, and that might make extraction difficult, but a combination of lubrication and cold (eg ice pack) would almost certainly overcome the problem. You do occasionally hear of men who have tried inserting their penis into some very unlikely objects, with unfortunate results.

As to getting parts made, I have a JailBird and wanted to try different ring sizes, and was unwilling to spend a fortune on mailing it back to the States and waiting weeks for the return (no offence to MatureMetal, they apparently do a very quick turn-round and for a modest fee, it's the transport time and cost). So I did a decent drawing of what I wanted and found a one-man metal-working business who made a complete ring for £15. I didn't say what it was for, he didn't ask.
be a switch, double the fun :-)
Staffordboundboy

Post by Staffordboundboy »

Thanks for the advice lj.
I was curious about the hinged rings, but what you said makes sense so i've ordered a slightly smaller solid ring.
I'm hoping a standard sized one will fit so I don't have to go the custom route.
Pepperboy

Post by Pepperboy »

Hi there,

I would advise against a hinged ring, because of the reason already mentioned. Some of those rings have a soft piece to cover
the hinge, but that makes it even worse. Solid metal is the way to go. The standard size of the ring is 45 mm. Works for most men.
If I were you, I would not go lower than 40 mm, otherwise you might be in trouble when trying to remove the ring again.
This is how you mount the ring:

1) Pull the bigger ball through the ring and also as much skin as you can.
2) Now pull the smaller ball through. This can be a bit tricky. You will probably have to try several times.
3) Next pull/push the penis through. Needless to say this will only work if your 'willie' is flaccid.

Removing the ring takes place in the vice versa direction.

Good luck!

Pepperboy
lj

Post by lj »

Pepperboy's instructions are absolutely right !

and don't be tempted to use any lube whilst putting the ring in place, otherwise it's like trying to grab the piece of soap that's fallen into the bathwater :rofl:

If you are new to chastity, one problem is excitement leading to full or partial erection, which makes the whole job almost impossible. Once it becomes part of daily life, this doesn't happen. Arguably this is one advantage of being the person who fits the device, rather than a Domme whose "charms" may have a pleasant but not desirable effect :shock:
be a switch, double the fun :-)