Long-term cage advice please?

Chastity is perhaps the ultimate in long term selfbondage.
KinkInSpace

Re: Long-term cage advice please?

Post by KinkInSpace »

There are two tips I can give you.

1. Proper way of putting the cage on
2. If it happens, how to pull it back without taking off the cage.

1. To put any cage on, what I do is as follows. Ring on first, obviously. Then I put the foreskin so I see about 25% to 50% of my cockhead, or a bit more. This is a matter of trial and error, get it right, remember the position and use that from now on.

It is important that from this position, you can move the skin downwards from all sides.

You place your member in this state in the cage where your pleasure slides into the cage first and half of your cockhead goes past the top of the cage. You use your thumb to push the cockhead in a bit if necessary and then just push it in fully. The foreskin acts as a sliding mechanism and as you push in further, you automatically also clear the foreskin entirely from the cage.

Now, I have to add, I don't use any wax or lubricant. I find that this allows the foreskin to move inside the cage at will. Because it isn't there, the foreskin tends to sort of stick to the sides of the tube, but because of how we insert the member, its actually in a relaxed state.

2. reseating:
If for some reason the foreskin starts to move forward, it is a very distinctive feeling when the foreskin wants to come out of the small holes in the front, I go to the toilet or other isolated place where I can be alone for a few seconds. I move my finger in between my ballsack and the tube to the base of my penis. While pulling the cage away from the body without force, I press with my finger in that area to put pressure on the skin. If my cockhead is not pushing against the tube inside the tube, this will allow you to pull the skin back easily. If your finger is too thick, you can try your pinky or the back of a pencil.

Another way is to use a cotton swap. Put it through the urethra opening of the tube and glide it in between the tube and cockhead, and rotate the cotton swap as you go around your member. This allows you to move the foreskin too, although it is much harder.

I find that if I clean up once a day, the foreskin never has to be repositioned.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
hogfan-sub

Post by hogfan-sub »

KinkInSpace wrote:There are two tips I can give you.

1. Proper way of putting the cage on
2. If it happens, how to pull it back without taking off the cage.

Thank you so much. I will follow your advice. Actually, as I think about it, the small size cage on The Vice really doesn't need the lube I tend to rub around it, and therefore what you say makes perfect sense....never too old to learn, are we? :rofl: Much obliged to you! :D
"There is something comforting about being tied up" (Madonna).....Oh how I agree!!

"I've still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission." (HAL 9000)
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

Yes. The lube is actually the sole reason your foreskin is moving inside the cage all the time.

One tip I do have though, once the cage is on, try to pull the skin outside in such way that your member moves into the front as best as it can, fully pushing it in. Pull on your ballsack too, so the ring moves as close to the body as possible. This gives it that snug feel that helps you remember you have a chastity belt on.

Keep it in that position for at least 30 minutes if you can. You can loosen it up if you feel that the ring is becoming painful and tighten it up after an hour if that feeling has passed. By doing this, you also ensure that the foreskin doesn't move up. And it feels great.

Lastly, if you shave the area the ring is and there are no hairs there, the chances of the ring causing pain are slim to none. Often the pain comes from the ring actually trapping hair and then pulling it.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
hogfan-sub

Post by hogfan-sub »

Well, the voyage of discovery and experimantation continues. I have given up on the "Bondage Locker" Holy Trainer knock-off; it's just too uncomfortable in any combination. I am however still minded to go for broke and invest in a legit Holy Trainer. I am 12 days locked now, and enjoying interacting occasionally with my Chaster KH so much, I really do feel that I am on the verge of entering the realm of long-term wear :D

The last issue before I commit my saved-up pennies is the ring issue. I am continuing with my Vice small minus the anti-pullout. I tried the 45mm ring for 3 days and daytime it was reasonably comfortable most of the time, but three nights have caused such soreness around the scrotum and occasions of it all feeling just a bit too "snug", even with protecting jelly occasionally applied, that I have today gone back into a 50mm and the comfort is immediately better, although I can get a good degree of finger under the ring. I have been playing with the spacers as well, between hygiene breaks in my lock, and am currently trialing the "b" size, which is the second from smallest, as a means of hopefully allowing a little more comfort but not too much that the erections get much more room! The small sized tube is just about right, and I guess the probable reality of my situation is that I am somewhere around 47mm for the ideal fit....maybe....
Would the ring sizes of the HT's equate pretty much to the effect of the round hinge-type rings? If so, then I'm almost sure that a combination of 50mm ring and short cage should be the ideal for me. I am really drawn to the HT, and I guess there is always an element of trial and error, but at the price, I'd like to hope that I get it right first time. I have tried their website ring measuring guide a few times, and the result always comes back crazy too big, so I think that the current "lived" experience is my best guide. Thanks for the on-going advice; I am certainly warming very much to this way of life :D
"There is something comforting about being tied up" (Madonna).....Oh how I agree!!

"I've still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission." (HAL 9000)
hogfan-sub

Post by hogfan-sub »

hogfan-sub wrote: I'm almost sure that a combination of 50mm ring and short cage should be the ideal for me. I am really drawn to the HT, and I guess there is always an element of trial and error, but at the price, I'd like to hope that I get it right first time. I have tried their website ring measuring guide a few times, and the result always comes back crazy too big, so I think that the current "lived" experience is my best guide. Thanks for the on-going advice; I am certainly warming very much to this way of life :D
Oh this is getting me really down now. Again the 50mm ring almost let a ball through, so I'm back in the 45mm which is overall, the one, but I feel sure that mornings are just going to be unbearable again. However, 13 days into a lock that I'm mentally in such a good space with, I will persevere....I just hope that the Holy Trainer 45mm/short tube combo will be the one :roll:

KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

The ringsize for the Vice is weird for sure. I too have that the 45mm one is just a tad too small, but the 50mm one is way too large.

This is not a problem with the HT. As for sleepless nights, this is definitely a beginners issue too. Some tips: Don't drink in the last hour before going to sleep and pee before sleeping. This already helps a lot.

Also, if you are shaven around the ring area, the smoother it is there, the less of a problem it is going to be.

Lastly, every cage's ring is different, and different rings simply behave differently. Some will have worse problems at nights than others. The Vice is one of those that just gives more problems at night. I also had these issues with the CB6000s.
hogfan-sub

Post by hogfan-sub »

KinkInSpace wrote:The ringsize for the Vice is weird for sure. I too have that the 45mm one is just a tad too small, but the 50mm one is way too large.

This is not a problem with the HT. As for sleepless nights, this is definitely a beginners issue too. Some tips: Don't drink in the last hour before going to sleep and pee before sleeping. This already helps a lot.

Also, if you are shaven around the ring area, the smoother it is there, the less of a problem it is going to be.

Lastly, every cage's ring is different, and different rings simply behave differently. Some will have worse problems at nights than others. The Vice is one of those that just gives more problems at night. I also had these issues with the CB6000s.
Thanks once again. I seem to sit somewhere between middle to high-riding testicles, especially when the temperature dips. Would you say that given the problems with the Vice sizing either the 45mm or the 50mm ring would be a best bet for me? If I get it wrong, I know that I could further break the bank and get a different sized ring of course, as I really do think I'm heading into long-term territory. I really do appreciate your advice; this is an exciting voyage of discovery, but, fitting wise certainly not a straightforward one alas :roll:

KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

Get the 45mm one for the HT. Definitely. Its shape is such that it is actually wider to 50mm, but less height which makes it very comfortable. Its more oval shaped, and that's why it works better on a smaller ringsize. I could possibly even fit a 40mm one, but that will get uncomfortable with erections for sure.
tueffy

Post by tueffy »

I second that. While I don't wear a HT myself my Ring is shaped very similar.
I too can fit a smaller one like that than I normally could.
Come to the dark side, we have cookies.
Vote for my current lock on Chaster (if there is one) here: https://sharelink.tueffy.com/
hogfan-sub

Post by hogfan-sub »

KinkInSpace wrote:Get the 45mm one for the HT. Definitely. Its shape is such that it is actually wider to 50mm, but less height which makes it very comfortable. Its more oval shaped, and that's why it works better on a smaller ringsize. I could possibly even fit a 40mm one, but that will get uncomfortable with erections for sure.
Well, I tried the 45mm ring and it soon became very sore and actually flagged up an issue I had not factored into my early chastity experiences. I have a fatty lump swimming around the old sac (not dangerous and checked by the doctor...keep attentive chaps!!) but annoying enough to make correct fitting of a ring decidedly hit and miss. I sent off for the 50mm Holy Trainer ring (under 48hrs from order to delivery!!!) and.....Oh my goodness! The extra bit of width has made an immediate difference....this cage is ridiculously comfortable and secure. I don't consider it a waste of money as , I feel sure, in the not too distant future I should be able to "size down" to the 45mm, but for now, the two permanent residents and extra fatty "lodger" all seem very happy and at home! All the hype is true. A few hours in, and I almost don't notice I'm locked! By far and away the most immediately comfy experience of locked chastity so far. I'm deliriously happy, and thank you so, so much for the good advice and guidance....I'm very definitely a Holy Trainer Convert, and doubt I'll ever put the Vice on again. In fact the only competition it can possibly have now is my Strict Leather spiked jockstrap :shock: , but with the lock I'm in now, this little pink prison ain't going anywhere fast!! Thanks again!! :D

KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

You're welcome. :)

As for comfort around the base, it can indeed be that lump you described, but I do know that if you are not entirely shaven down there, especially where the ring sits, the ring will grab hairs and pull on them being very uncomfortable as the cage wants to move. Although if this is the case, you usually start to feel this after say... 2 to 3 hours and readjusting will usually be enough to settle it for a few more hours, this will be what wakes you up at night.

So I highly recommend to shave down there and keep it up. I always shave once a week and often shave somewhere during half the week if I feel it needs to. Sometimes I try without taking the cage off and can succeed, other times I plan it for doing when I do my daily cleaning.
hogfan-sub

Post by hogfan-sub »

KinkInSpace wrote:You're welcome. :)

As for comfort around the base, it can indeed be that lump you described, but I do know that if you are not entirely shaven down there, especially where the ring sits, the ring will grab hairs and pull on them being very uncomfortable as the cage wants to move. Although if this is the case, you usually start to feel this after say... 2 to 3 hours and readjusting will usually be enough to settle it for a few more hours, this will be what wakes you up at night.

So I highly recommend to shave down there and keep it up. I always shave once a week and often shave somewhere during half the week if I feel it needs to. Sometimes I try without taking the cage off and can succeed, other times I plan it for doing when I do my daily cleaning.
Thanks again. I do periodically shave below and in fact much prefer it in general, but I do leave long gaps occasionally, so yes, frequent shaving is a good idea I will pursue. I also think that maybe my balls habitually try to "retract", as for some random periods, I get increased soreness around the back of the ring, which coincides with the scrotum suddenly becoming very "tight". Temperature does seem to affect this, so goodness knows what winter will be like :shock: But hopefully by then, my anatomy will be adjusting to the fact that I have every intention of making my cage a permanent feature! :twisted:

hogfan-sub

Post by hogfan-sub »

Oh, this chastity journey is not easy to begin with, is it? In one day I have gone from elated joy to near tears of despair. My 50mm HTv5 has been bordering on perfect for four days. This morning, in my hygiene break, I shaved below, cleaned up and got back into my device. Since then, the discomfort has varied between vague to excruciating! I know the cage fits and I know that the engineering of the HT is spot on. I definitely have a problem with retracting balls, and shaving seems to make them want to constantly disappear; this is I'm sure the cause of my scrotum skin becoming unbearably taut. It is settling down now after much "sorting out" of the cage position, and a long, hot shower was bliss as the scrotum relaxed. For a while this morning I was so tempted to just bail on the whole experience, but now things are settling down, I am back in touch with the excitement and love of the device and lock. I think I will give shaving a rest for some time, and see how a little growth and a lot of lube/vaseline help out? I am so determined to not give in to my anatomical antics; certainly not a health risk I'm sure....just @£$%&g uncomfortable for periods. I certainly don't expect a life of long-term chastity to be completely hassle-free (sort of the point, in some ways?! :twisted: ) but I do really look forward to these "teething problems" settling down.

cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

If your ring is hinged you may have a problem with hair, if not there shouldn't be any problem there. The main reason for discomfort and pain is that the skin actually gets pinched or sort of folded over on itself. Lots of lube and the occasional "adjustment" should deal with it easily. I used "baby oil gel" as a lube and after a couple days wearing the device hardly noticed it. Shaving can irritate the skin also, which will add to the problem. The more you shave the more the skin gets used to being shaved and the problem diminishes. Tight clothes will not help either as everything is scrunched together. When I am in chastity I don't wear underwear for that reason.
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

cdinbonds wrote:If your ring is hinged you may have a problem with hair, if not there shouldn't be any problem there. The main reason for discomfort and pain is that the skin actually gets pinched or sort of folded over on itself. Lots of lube and the occasional "adjustment" should deal with it easily. I used "baby oil gel" as a lube and after a couple days wearing the device hardly noticed it. Shaving can irritate the skin also, which will add to the problem. The more you shave the more the skin gets used to being shaved and the problem diminishes. Tight clothes will not help either as everything is scrunched together. When I am in chastity I don't wear underwear for that reason.
He has the Holy Trainer v5. That one is not hinghed. But any cage can have trouble with hair pinching as the hair gets stuck between the ring and the skin after a while and movement of the ring causes pinching on the hair.

That's why I suggest shaving. But yes, the retracting of your ballsack is a beginners issue. I have actually recently experienced the exact opposite. My balls hurting because my ballsack stretched so much that the balls hang on the inside veins or whatever they're called and that gets stretched rather than the ballsack itself, and I have to actually introduce cold to the ballsack to shrink it and get some comfort back.

In the winter you dress for the winter too, but once your sack stretches enough, this issue is entirely gone.