Fixing an Avatar

How to do things in the forum. (Such as inserting pictures into your post.)
hotwing34

Fixing an Avatar

Post by hotwing34 »

How do I go about getting an Avatar on here? Have tried but my pics are always to big, even if I've copied unopened thumnaills xx
Charlie tuna

fixing an avatar

Post by Charlie tuna »

hopfully you have a photo editor program in your computer. If you do bring up your photo in the program, ( if it is not square crop a square portion out of it that you want for your avatar),.

Then on your tool bar use image tab, one of your choices under this tab should be image size, slect this.

It should bring up your photo in a box with width and height slections by it.
With slections in (inches, millimeters, or pixels).

boundanna uses avatars no larger than 100 by 100 pixels.

Size your photo to this size and save it to a folder in your (my pictures ) on your computer.
Go in to your profile and scrool down to avatar section and click on browse and retrive your photo out of the folder you saved it in.

This is how I did mine. Hope this helpes you.
hotwing34

Post by hotwing34 »

Thanks for that, I'll give it a try
bondage is a secret sometimes shared
onestrangeguy

Post by onestrangeguy »

After doing my Avatar, I came across this. http://www.shrinkpictures.com/create-avatar/
A neat site that will shrink your picture to any desired size, like the 100 X 100 pixels required for an Avatar. It is simple to use and seems to work well too.
nitro
Retired Moderator

Post by nitro »

You could also grab ImageMagick. This is an open source file conversion tool (command line programs). It includes a conversion program (called convert) as well as tools to make a montage of thumbnails and a few other fun utilities. I use the Linux version but there is also a Windows and OSX version.

http://www.imagemagick.org/script/index.php

ImageMagick® is a software suite to create, edit, and compose bitmap images. It can read, convert and write images in a variety of formats (over 100) including DPX, EXR, GIF, JPEG, JPEG-2000, PDF, PhotoCD, PNG, Postscript, SVG, and TIFF. Use ImageMagick to translate, flip, mirror, rotate, scale, shear and transform images, adjust image colors, apply various special effects, or draw text, lines, polygons, ellipses and Bézier curves.