How do I insert photos into my post?

How to do things in the forum. (Such as inserting pictures into your post.)
Shannon SteelSlave

How do I insert photos into my post?

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

I have referred many members, in private and in threads to a post I wrote to help the first member who asked me how to post pictures in a post. I thought it would get more early readers if I put it here, so here goes.
Go to upload attachment, click, choose file, click add the file, now decide where in your text you want the picture to go, then click place inline. Give it a try. Try the preview button before hitting submit to make sure it looks good.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (14.28 KiB) Viewed 5062 times
Capture2.JPG
Capture2.JPG (14.85 KiB) Viewed 5062 times
Capture3.JPG
Capture3.JPG (15.38 KiB) Viewed 5062 times
Capture4.JPG
Capture4.JPG (13.38 KiB) Viewed 5062 times
If you have any questions about what is appropriate to post, please contact any member you trust for help. Also, you can read picture posting guidelines here. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=309
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
BlindMike

Re: How do I insert photos into my post?

Post by BlindMike »

So nowdays, even a phone will take 5 plus mb size photos, how do I bring it down to the required pixel format.
Shannon SteelSlave

I have been using a 1998 version of Photo Deluxe. I will see if there is a free website that lets you upload and edit a photo. Probably post tomorrow. Thanks for the question, I had thought of doing this before, good to know there is a need.
Here is one that worked for me. https://picresize.com/
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (20.24 KiB) Viewed 4690 times
Browse for the picture from your desktop or device and hit "Continue to edit picture". After it uploads, you can scroll down to the bottom and input any number lower than 512 in the box I highlighted yellow and click the button "I'm done resize my picture".
Attachments
Capture2.JPG
Capture2.JPG (9.22 KiB) Viewed 4690 times
Last edited by Shannon SteelSlave on 31 Dec 2020, 19:36, edited 1 time in total.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
👠👠
leopard99

Post by leopard99 »

For Windows users Irfanview is a simple and useful tool for photo viewing and manipulation. There are also several resizing add-ons that appear in the menu when you right click on a file. I use one called "Image resizer for windows".
Shannon SteelSlave

I also have Movavi, but that is probably for more advanced users.
👠👠
rmcingle

Post by rmcingle »

BlindMike wrote:So nowdays, even a phone will take 5 plus mb size photos, how do I bring it down to the required pixel format.
If you have Windows, the free included program "Paint" will do the trick.

Right click on the file, click on 'edit', and the picture should open in paint.
'resize' will keep the appearance of the picture the same, but reduce its resolution.
You can also crop the image, which will also make it smaller and remove unwanted background.

r.mc.
Shannon SteelSlave

Images in Private Messages may be shared by hosting them on sites like Flickr, use the share button, and imbed the BB code using URL button in the Private Message font/code tabs on top. Just paste that BB code between the [URL][URL].
👠👠
Shannon SteelSlave

Update to adding photos into a post, using the new software implemented October 28, 2023 :
Click on attachments below
Capture.JPG
Then click Add files
Capture1.JPG
Then click Place inline, and the photo will appear where ever your typing cursor is in your text. If you want to add a caption to explain your photo, type words in the FILE COMMENT box.
Capture2.JPG
Make sure your photos are less than 512KB.
👠👠