Using animated pictures (GIF)

How to do things in the forum. (Such as inserting pictures into your post.)
Shannon SteelSlave

Using animated pictures (GIF)

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Using a short animated picture movie, such as a Generated Image File, or .GIF can be a fun way to get a message across. It can also allow a short movie to be played on the forum post, without having to link to an off site. If a picture is worth a thousand words, than a GIF must be worth at least as many frames as it has times 1000.
A GIF is like a cartoon, using several still pictures that change enough to create what looks like a moving picture. GIFs can be made from movies you have, or might already exist online, and can usually be found by typing a search describing what you want to see, or a scene from a movie or television set programme. If it is less than 512 kb, and there is no extra "video", then you can insert it into your post the same way as any other image file. But odds are, you may not find exactly what you want in a file size under 512 kb. So what do you do?
I use an online website https://ezgif.com/ Select what tool you want to use from the bar, upload the GIF file, and start customizing it.
ez2.JPG
I mostly use it to customize the size of the file to make it fit, by using the RESIZE tool.
ez4.JPG
Notice that the file I chose is 325kb, small enough to fit as is. But let's play with the PERCENTAGE tool and shrink it down to 50%. Click RESIZE IMAGE and see the new size. If it is below 512 kb, it is ready to post, unless you want other changes. If not, you may have to go to a smaller percentage.
ez6.JPG
click on SAVE. You can also crop the edges or cut frames from the beginning or end of the animation to shorten it, in order to make the file small enough to fit here.
Now find your saved file from EZ GIF and post it like a picture.
Before
Before
Before.gif (325.21 KiB) Viewed 8353 times
After
After
After.gif (222 KiB) Viewed 8353 times
Give it a try. It's easier to use than to read my directions. The site also has tools to add effects, change speed, reverse animation, lots of fun stuff.
If requested, I can try to post demonstrations of these tools. Show me what you got and have fun with it.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
bound_jenny

Re: Using animated pictures (GIF)

Post by bound_jenny »

Very good! 8)

Anything that helps our members is more than welcome. :worship:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Very interesting to know! :D :worship:
Shannon SteelSlave

kinbaku wrote:Very interesting to know! :D :worship:
Thanks.
I did this because I want to see what members can come up with for clever replies. What I can't help with is your imagination. So, like I said, show me what you got.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
👠👠
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:... show me what you got.
How do you mummify yourself?
HowToMumifiYourself.gif
HowToMumifiYourself.gif (139.6 KiB) Viewed 8328 times
I cropped the free gif and changed the width to 200 and height to 100 as a test.
Changed from my previous GIF try, for to make sure not to violate any copyright rules. Thanks for the warning KinkInSpace. :love:
Last edited by kinbaku on 08 Jun 2022, 22:35, edited 6 times in total.
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

Nice post. Not wanting to cause any bad feelings, but given the safety of BoundAnna, you just shared a short clip of a famous movie which is copyrighted material. Given that you embedded the gif in the forum post, that makes it so that BoundAnna is now hosting copyrighted material. I'm not a law expert, and the duration may be too short for any serious problems, but one may argue how you were able to get this clip in the first place which may not be legitimate.

It may be better to replace the gif with something... less obvious. :)
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

One could argue it is a small-scale demonstration of what the site's capabilities are, and the short excerpt is acceptable use.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Shannon SteelSlave

One can use these directions to post a GIF that they want to stand time, but unless a GIF is of your own creation, and prefer not to have it hosted (and shared) it would be healthier for the forum to link to the site it came from using the photo icon, then insert the URL of the GIF.
Capture.JPG
👠👠
SelfBondageTorment

Post by SelfBondageTorment »

KinkInSpace wrote: 08 Jun 2022, 19:53 Nice post. Not wanting to cause any bad feelings, but given the safety of BoundAnna, you just shared a short clip of a famous movie which is copyrighted material. Given that you embedded the gif in the forum post, that makes it so that BoundAnna is now hosting copyrighted material. I'm not a law expert, and the duration may be too short for any serious problems, but one may argue how you were able to get this clip in the first place which may not be legitimate.

It may be better to replace the gif with something... less obvious. :)
That very brief clip most likely falls under the "fair use" doctrine of copyright law.
SelfBondageTorment

Post by SelfBondageTorment »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote: 08 Jun 2022, 06:18 Using a short animated picture movie, such as a Generated Image File, or .GIF
Thanks for the enlightening post! Not to be nitpicky though, but .GIF stands for "graphics interchange format.

Best,
SBT
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

This a useful post, and linked prominently so when I've forgotten, it like tomorrow, I can find it again, thank you.
SelfBondageTorment wrote: 08 Nov 2023, 00:31
Shannon SteelSlave wrote: 08 Jun 2022, 06:18 Using a short animated picture movie, such as a Generated Image File, or .GIF
Thanks for the enlightening post! Not to be nitpicky though, but .GIF stands for "graphics interchange format.

Best,
SBT
In my world, it means Get In First. No sloppy seconds.
But then we were always taught to clean up after ourselves so sloppy seconds shouldn't really be a problem. :)
As my mother would say," Leave a place as you found it".
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
Darsh

Post by Darsh »

kinbaku wrote: 08 Jun 2022, 15:48 Very interesting to know! :D :worship:
Yesssssss
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Welcome to BoundAnna, Darsh.
Shannon SteelSlave

Aloha from Bound Anna, Darsh
👠👠