Question for interest

Post your fictional selfbondage/bondage/chastity/CD stories here.
KinkInSpace

Question for interest

Post by KinkInSpace »

Hi, this is not actually a story, but rather a question about stories.

I'm a good writer as some of you have noticed and although all my current stories are written with the main character being very much into kink, I'm actually thinking of writing a story where the main character is not into kink. It is probably in a fantasy setting because I don't know how else I can make this work in todays standards, but the idea is that whatever the main character is experiencing is normal to the location, but will tickle your kink minds.

So the story will read differently for that reason but still give you a good satisfaction for your kink.

For example, the main character could be working in a clinic and has to perform a medical examination on a patient, but he/she is being taught that the patient needs to be naked and restrained.

The story may include humiliation and other forms of bondage, but unless you are into kink, you would not know this is a kink oriented story. Anyone could read it, possibly even a child, but only you with your kinky mindset would get excited when the story moves a bit into the kinky world.

So... is there any interest for such story? This of course does mean that only part of the story can be seen as kinky, and it is more a novel kind of thing, unlike all my other stories where all the boring part is skipped unless absolutely necessary.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
kinbaku

Re: Question for interest

Post by kinbaku »

Slave_L wrote:The story may include humiliation and other forms of bondage, but unless you are into kink, you would not know this is a kink oriented story. Anyone could read it, possibly even a child, but only you with your kinky mindset would get excited when the story moves a bit into the kinky world.
Something like: What do you see?. :rofl:

When I travel by train and see an old castle pass by, I sometimes think there are people chained in the dungeons of that castle. To fellow travelers I'm just another traveler, but to someone who could read my mind I'm a kinky person who needs to be locked up right away. :mrgreen:

You could write a story for children with line numbers and an appendix to the story for adults with the same line numbers, but where you describe the actual kink story.

Ex:
349 They looked at each other kindly.
350 Their hands slowly joined together.

349 They represented the other naked.
350 They clutched each other tightly.
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

Yeah, something like that. :)

Anyway, would you be interested in that, or do you prefer to read kink and only kink on a kink oriented forum? That's basically my question.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Slave_L wrote:Anyway, would you be interested in that, or do you prefer to read kink and only kink on a kink oriented forum? That's basically my question.
I only speak for myself. I am not much of a reader. Just like I don't like series or sequels on TV or film. A book has the same disadvantage for me. Although I appreciate a good story (book), I can rarely bring up the need to pick up the book every day to read on. A short story that I can read in one sitting does catch my attention, especially if I may have ideas or feelings to work out or depict in my kink life during my sessions. :mrgreen:

During my childhood I made up those stories every night depending on which movie I had seen on TV: sometimes I was a Roman slave, sometimes a captive Indian or a cowboy who grew up in an Indian camp. This mainly to feed my Sub nature, but at the same time I was the Dom tying me to the totem pole, and things like that. :roll:

So for me a kink short story is enough. But ... I am curious if you succeed in making a story where the kink remains hidden from those who do not dare to look further. So I'll be happy to read that. :D

When I recently watched a video of someone who had found a dungeon in his recently bought house. When I saw a different kind of brick in the wall there, I automatically thought of the post The Cask of Amontillado. 8)
Last edited by kinbaku on 22 Apr 2021, 17:00, edited 1 time in total.
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

I'm not saying my story will be a long one of 50+ parts. I'm not that fancy of writing it, but I feel like a story that is not just about kink is easier to write and might be more fun to write too, but if people have the mindset that they prefer action over drama, because that is essentially what it will become, and thus skip the story altogether, I feel like it is a waste of energy to write it for just that one or two people.

Honestly, if I were to answer the question myself, I'd probably say that I would not be interested. I'm not really a reader myself, so when I want to read something on a kink forum, I want it to be all action anyway. And with that in mind, I just had to ask the question before just blindly starting to write.
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Sometimes you have to write an introduction to build up the atmosphere and the tension. The actual kink happening is then the relaxation phase of the thriller. So if you build your story in this way so that you can pull the reader into your story and he doesn't want to skip anything because every little hint in the story can be important, he will be happy when at the end the puzzle falls together like a kink story. :twisted:
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

Yes, I know how to write kink stories. All my stories are that, and some have a longer intro than others. I'm talking about a story that is mainly about telling a story with some elements of kink in it rather than laying out a kink fantasy as detailed as possible in a short timeframe.
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Slave_L wrote:Yes, I know how to write kink stories. All my stories are that, and some have a longer intro than others. I'm talking about a story that is mainly about telling a story with some elements of kink in it rather than laying out a kink fantasy as detailed as possible in a short timeframe.
So I'm more for the second: short and good. But that's just a personal opinion.
Try to make a story as described in this post - just a story with some hidden kink elements - it might open new horizons. Even for the other stories you write.
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

When it comes to writing stories I'm of the opinion that if it's a story you feel like writing/telling, then screw what others think about it. :mrgreen:
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Gregovic wrote:When it comes to writing stories I'm of the opinion that if it's a story you feel like writing/telling, then screw what others think about it. :mrgreen:
Also true. Writing is an art form and it is mainly about your own feeling that you put into it.
It is added that others can also enjoy it. Which satisfies your enjoyment in it in a different way, but the most important thing is the first: writing because it reflects your feeling.
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

There really seems to be a lack of interest, so I'm not going to write the story.

But I'll write the idea down here, so others can fantasize about it and maybe it sparks interest so that I reconsider at a later stage.

There is one main person. The story is not written through the eyes of this person, but its following this main character closely, describing what happens and what they say. I'll call him/her MP, short for main person for now.

MP does something. I have not decided what it is. It is some activity, form of travel or whatever. MP takes place in an unknown event that moves MP to a different universe/time/place/whatever. This is crucial to the story.

MP spawns outside of a town and everything looks unfamiliar. MP goes into the town to familiarize him/herself with the situation and go from there. You know, get a place to stay, get a place to work and figure out what happened and how to get back.

MP doesn't know that rules are not the same in this reality as to what they are used to. A simple to us common thing causes MP to get in serious trouble. MP gets arrested and brought for a judge to be found guilty. The punishment for this infriction, given that it is the first time is nude humiliation on towns square for a day.

You can see now how this story can be kinky while it also doesn't have to be.

But the fun doesn't stop there. During the humiliation part, and whatever caused it, the town members now avoid MP. MP is puzzled and wants to find out what the rules are to avoid further punishment. This causes the people they talk to to get her arrested again, brought to a judge again, and again being found guilty. The punishment is nude humiliation for a day on towns square again, but this time the town people throw rotten eggs at MP's naked body.

MP is now in a situation to have to figure out how to get home, doesn't seem to be able to talk to the town's people to find out how and why, and any falony results in humiliation and punishment.

MP decides to leave town in order to go to another town and research answers there. At the town's borders, trying to leave, MP gets arrested again. Leaving is apparently not an option, and another punishment follows.

And this cycle basically repeats as many times as I can come up with different form of punishments and humiliations until MP meets with one of the towns people who, despite the rules preventing it, helps MP to learn and understand what happens. MP learns what to do to get the sentences expired so MP can leave town and interact with the people again and MP finally finds out what the event was that got MP stranded there in the first place and how to go back home.

This could have been a long story if I wanted to, but I could also just keep it a bit shorter. Depending on how much interest there was, if there was plenty, I probably would've written a long story with many chapters.

Another concept I was thinking of was like a heroes story where MP had a superpower to basically remove the clothes of anyone, then fight bad guys and letting humiliation be the key to most victories until that one villain that wasn't easily humiliated.
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

What you can do is write a prequel and then the different episodes come as with some TV series that each time tell a new story where each episode stands on its own. Such as Star Trek, The Fugitive, Inspector Columbo, ...
So there is only a red line in the story (how the person got into this situation and who he is), given in the prequel and sometimes slightly modified during the follow-up sequels. And then you can write short stories that stand on their own, but that still evolve into a ending.

This also as an opportunity to encourage other writers to start on such a story. :wink:
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

I've done that with "The Selfbondage Box series. No one took it upon them to write a story like it either, but that's not really the point anyway. I've checked for level of interest to ensure putting in a hell of a lot of energy would give enough people happy. That seems to not be the case at all. So I'm not going to write such story either. It is very tasking to do so the only motivation for me to do so, is if I know at least 8 different people are looking forward to read it start to finish.
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Slave_L wrote:There really seems to be a lack of interest, so I'm not going to write the story.
The sad fact of it is, that fictional story tellers, at least here, seldom get the attention they might deserve. There is a phenomenon about forum posts. Simply stated, and paraphrased by me, the theory goes that some posts are so spot -on, that no one has anything to add, the poster has simply said it all, and eloquently. So no one "dares" to add. This can leave the poster feeling ignored, and since the poster can not see the "wordless expressions" behind everyone's keyboards, that is all they are left with, in other words, no words. For story telling, some would-be responders might think anything they say might be criticism, like suggestions, or inappropriate questions, the kind one might ask if they did not read the story closely enough.
I have had a few mental orgasms that could lead to a fictional story. Since I am so busy, I am thinking of writing a short story, like a fictional scenario. I can always go from that to add details, sequels, prequels, and such. I think a good way to write a story is in pieces, and use available feedback to build on.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

For all writers: don't get disappointed if you don't get a response. Every day new members join who can enjoy your story.
In the beginning I only read the Selfbondage Discussions and DIY post. It wasn't until much later that I also started to appreciate the stories.
So even if your story is not successful today, it can always be read and appreciate a lot later.

Look at the Views: there is not a single story that has had less than 200 readers. Older stories are usually even above 1000 readers. :love: