A little help with telling your partner

Crossdressing as a part of or type of selfbondage.
Sashauk

Re: A little help with telling your partner

Post by Sashauk »

Andy_G wrote:Interesting thread! Seems like the majority don’t want a SO that crossdresses. I’ve had to keep this a secret for almost 20yrs. I skirted around the topic early in our relationship and the response was “I don’t want to see my boyfriend in a dress”. One Halloween she did offer to loan me a dress to wear but given the views expressed I couldn’t take her up on it!!

Nowadays everything is double standards as she’s got the LGBTQ+ lanyard for work, but I guarantee if I tried to bring up my feelings it wouldn’t be accepted. It’s like “I’m OK with a guy wearing a dress, as long as it isn’t my guy”.
Sadly for us a female wearing a man's shirt and boxers is still appealing, but the average guy wearing lingerie is not. It's just a fact of life that most guys really don't suit girlie things, and most females get turned off when they see that.

I know there are exceptions, and some crossdressers can look really fantastic, but that takes a lot of time and effort. Unlike a female that can throw just about anything on a still look great.
Hannah_G

Post by Hannah_G »

I thought a little update was now in order. It's been really liberating being able to invite everyone here into my gender identity and has given me the confidence to tick the right box when we are asked our gender online. However, it's not been a bed of roses. As I've become more comfortable and confident, it's got harder in some ways. I've now no worries about Hannah going shopping, or just doing general girlie things. I've also now got no issues shopping for clothes without being Hannah and if the assistant asks I no longer make an excuse.

What's hardest now, is not being able to be open with those closest to me. It makes it harder being Hannah when Hannah has to go away at home. I've dropped hints, been engaging when chatting about trans issues but I'm still not sure if it would be accepted. My wife's views on LGBTIQA+ are very open when it comes to everyone else, but I've kept this a secret for so long that now inviting her in would appear like a betrayal.

This whole gender stuff is hard :|
Hannah_G

Post by Hannah_G »

So, last week we watched a tv show about trans issues. She was really open about her views to the point I am optimistic that my experience will be received with empathy.

On the verge of do or die, but I can’t go on living a lie…