Shoes, and shoe tips (US)

Crossdressing as a part of or type of selfbondage.
BondageGames

Shoes, and shoe tips (US)

Post by BondageGames »

Being someone who has worked in a full service shoe store for years, I can confidently answer the question about size difference. The general, average, and widely accepted men's-->women's size conversion is to go up 1 1/2 sizes. Now that does not account for width as a medium in men's is a wide in women's. This is because women have smaller, or more petite feet than men do. That means width is pretty much on a standard. A "D" width is always close to the same physical size (depending on brand and where the shoe was made [US and opposed to China, for example]). D or M is medium for men and B or M is medium for women. The same rule applies for seeing a letter W on shoes. W in men's, and W in women's are NOT the same physical width, but they both mean Wide. If M, or W, is used on a certain gender's shoe, it'll be the applicable width for that gender. Refer to the chart below to make some sense of that, haha.

Width "chart":
__________Women's______Men's_________
Ex. Narrow| ------------ ___ AA --------------|
Narrow.....| - AA ----- ____ A---------------|
Medium....| B, C or M ____ D or M ---------|
Wide.......| D or W --- ___ E, 2E, or W ----|
Ex. Wide..| 2E or WW ____ 3E, 4E, or WW |
_____________________________________|

Now after seeing the chart, I'll tell you that my shoe size is a 9 2E, depending on the brand and style of shoe.

When I want to buy a woman's pair of shoes, I first think about the 1 1/2 size up. But after that, it's important to note the width of my foot. It's a pretty safe, but not 100%, bet to go up another half size for each width that the shoe you're looking at is smaller than what you would wear in men's. If you are getting confused on, or haven't figured out, why I said earlier that the reason that the average Men's-->Women's sizing is +1 1/2, it is because of the width (men's will normally be a D or higher width, while trying to fit into a B width women's shoe).
Example:
My foot is a 9 2E, as I said before. I automatically go up one full size to start with.
Since the women's shoe I'm looking at is a B width, I'll add another full size, because you have to go down to D, and then to B.
That leaves me with a size 11 B women's shoe.

If that same shoe comes in a D width, I'll go for a 10 1/2 D. Now a lot of shoes don't go in 1/2 sizes after a certain point (9 1/2 is usually the biggest size with a "1/2" that you'll find), so I have to go with an 11 B. You should never round a size down, unless you can go up a width (Ex.- There's no 11 1/2 B, but you can get an 11 D instead. Get the 11 D more often than not).

Now all of this information is general, and not 100% accurate. If you have found a size in certain brands that work for you, and don't follow this trend, don't change it all of the sudden. I know in JANTE brand shoes 11B is a bit big, and in Pleaser shoes 11B a bit snug, so the rules are not set in stone. Every brand is just a little different, and even divisions of brands are different sometimes (Pleaser runs just a tiny bit, but not very much, larger than Funtasma. Even thought they're the same company). This is mainly a guide to get you started, and give you a good starting place if you've never bought opposite sex shoes before, or have, and just can't fall into the right pair.

Alright, I think that's most of what I got as far as sizing and converting from Men's --> Women's, although I really feel like I missed something. :S If you have any questions about it, I should be able to help. Or if something wasn't clear, I can try to explain it more thoroughly.

<3 :gag:

european size chart, courtesy of solostill:
Attachments
shoe_sizes.jpg
bound_jenny

Re: Shoes, and shoe tips (US)

Post by bound_jenny »

This is very useful information - so I made a sticky out of it, so it never will get lost in the shuffle as time goes by.

Good work! :D

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
onestrangeguy

Post by onestrangeguy »

As long as this is a sticky there aught to be a reference to the international size chart that was included in this post: http://forum.boundanna.net/board/viewto ... =15&t=3588 Now there is. :lol:
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

onestrangeguy wrote:As long as this is a sticky there aught to be a reference to the international size chart that was included in this post: http://forum.boundanna.net/board/viewto ... =15&t=3588 Now there is. :lol:
good idea. uploaded & edited into the post.
[
BondageGames

Post by BondageGames »

Thanks for that, Jenny! I've noticed there has been a lot of questions on the subject lately so I figured I give a good to place to start at the very least.

It's not worded too confusingly though? Hard to judge since I'm biased by knowing exactly what I mean and am explaining lol
BoundSub

Post by BoundSub »

BondageGames wrote:Being someone who has worked in a full service shoe store for years,
Al Bundy?
RachelAllison

Post by RachelAllison »

Just a little note, I find that for me, I take a size 10 men's, and a size 10 women's shoe. I tried an 11, but was swimming in them. I frankly don't know how this can be, but it works out great for me, as my girlfriend is the same size, and I can score her hand-me-downs.
joanie4tying

Post by joanie4tying »

i found out that my men's 8 1/2 foot fits nicely in a women's 8 1/2 5" heel pump :)
joanie
focussb

Post by focussb »

joanie4tying wrote:i found out that my men's 8 1/2 foot fits nicely in a women's 8 1/2 5" heel pump :)
joanie
same thing for me but with 10s
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

Just don't think that it will happen with every style or brand of shoe. Most likely if you try the same thing with any other brand it won't work. Probably won't even work with a different style from the same brand. Unfortunately there is no hard and fast standard that shoe manufacturers have to abide by. Same with clothes, and now they lie about the size of clothes deliberately because it is easier to sell clothes to people who are gaining weight if they think they still fit into the same size they used to wear. Example: a size 34 waist used to measure 34 inches (US sizes). Now most manufacturers are making the clothes about 36-37 inches, and labeling them as 34. Add to the fact that women's clothes never matched in size from brand to brand, and you almost have to try everything on to see if it will fit.
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
heeled

Post by heeled »

cdinbonds wrote:Just don't think that it will happen with every style or brand of shoe. Most likely if you try the same thing with any other brand it won't work. Probably won't even work with a different style from the same brand. Unfortunately there is no hard and fast standard that shoe manufacturers have to abide by. Same with clothes, and now they lie about the size of clothes deliberately because it is easier to sell clothes to people who are gaining weight if they think they still fit into the same size they used to wear. Example: a size 34 waist used to measure 34 inches (US sizes). Now most manufacturers are making the clothes about 36-37 inches, and labeling them as 34. Add to the fact that women's clothes never matched in size from brand to brand, and you almost have to try everything on to see if it will fit.
True, i found some boots in size 40 (Europe) with a 6" heel.
Normaly i have a size 42. But those boots fit me perfectly :D
There are thight, but not to tight if you know what i mean. There comfortable.
But i`ve had boots of the same brand, en then a size 41 was to tight.. :?
slut_tori

Post by slut_tori »

Hey there, thanks for the info.
I do have a question though: I would like to buy some high heels and my size is 43 (European) Should I get the pumps in size 44?

And what about my US size? Is that 11 or 12?

thanks!
Last edited by slut_tori on 05 Sep 2012, 00:54, edited 1 time in total.
heeled

Post by heeled »

You could try an 43 aswell. As i said, normally i have 42, but i`ve got a pair of boots with 13 cm heels, and i fit them great, and they are size 40..
So try it, then you know :wink:
BondageGames

Post by BondageGames »

slut_tori wrote:Hey there, thanks for the info.
I do have a question though: I would like to buy some high heels and my size is 43 (European) Should I by the pumps in size 44?

And what about my US size? Is that 11 or 12?

thanks!
If I recall correctly, European sizes are standardized between genders. I could be wrong on that, but to my knowledge, you should be very close to the same size in a women's shoe and men's.
slkdyk

Post by slkdyk »

Here is a size conversion chart with inches/centimeters that may make crossing sizes a little easier.

http://www.zappos.com/c/shoe-size-conversion
Sorry I couldn't answer the phone, I was tied up at the moment....