Arrgghhh… flippin’ sizing!!!

Crossdressing as a part of or type of selfbondage.
Hannah_G

Arrgghhh… flippin’ sizing!!!

Post by Hannah_G »

Ordered what I thought would be some firm control shapeware. Not everyone who is a 38B is a UK size 18!! Total waste of money as it’s far too big everywhere other than my bust! Maybe need to find somewhere that stocks a decent range so I can try it on rather than go off internet sizes!!

Vent over :lol:
Gregovic

Re: Arrgghhh… flippin’ sizing!!!

Post by Gregovic »

Clothing sizing in general and womens clothing in particular is a complete and utter mess. I always check the sizing table with actual body measurements of the item if it's listed or for the manufacturer and usually just don't buy it if there isn't a sizing table available. And even then (especially with my not very femininely shaped body) it's always a bit of a gamble.
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Congratulations on your 1000th post. :hi:
Always at the service of the members of BoundAnna with very good advice. :worship:
Gregovic1000.jpg
You can click on the photo to see it larger. :D
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Clothing sizes? I'm with Gregovic on this one. It's a bloody massacre.

I've also noted that clothing of a particular size has become smaller rather than larger. Same goes for shoes. It's totally weird.

Example: I have a jacket of a particular size I've worn for years, fits just fine. A similar jacket now, I need to go one or even two sizes up! One clerk suggested once that I might have misread the label or gained a few in the intervening years, and I shot him a look :evil: that drained the blood from his face. I took off my jacket and showed him the labels on both. He managed to stammer an apology.

I had just given this young man a lesson in customer relations. :lol:

Especially to never, ever tell a lady, directly or indirectly, that she's gained weight. :shock:

In their world, even my feet have grown one size! I compared shoes comfortable on my feet in the store, once, to the same "size" of a new pair of shoes I found uncomfortable. The newer ones are smaller. WTF? :?

So now I consider any size labeling extremely suspect. Even between brands, there are variations.

Try before you buy.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Sergio

Post by Sergio »

Last week I wore something I hadn't worn for thirty years and it still fitted perfectly. Okay, it was a scarf but let's focus on the positives.
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

It's pretty much the same with men's clothing sizes.
I recently bought a couple of T-shirts. The same brand I bought five years ago now uses the same measurements for shirts that are TWO sizes larger.
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. (W. Blake)
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

kinbaku wrote:Congratulations on your 1000th post. :hi:
Always at the service of the members of BoundAnna with very good advice. :worship:
Gregovic1000.jpg
For me, Greg's participation is marked by the number of computers broken whilst posting here. How many are you up to these days?
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:
kinbaku wrote:Congratulations on your 1000th post. :hi:
Gregovic1000.jpg
For me, Greg's participation is marked by the number of computers broken whilst posting here. How many are you up to these days?
Coincidentally, yesterday my computer didn't want to start any more because there was an error on the hard disk. Luckily it did boot up with a terminal where I could use commands and fix everything.
Fortunately, I keep all my important stuff (such as BoundAnna :lol: ) on an external hard drive and I have another external drive that constantly saves all changes to the computer.
But for safety's sake I have saved the download and documents folder again if something goes wrong with the backup drive. :D
Shannon SteelSlave

I do it now, but wish I did that years ago. A hungry-hungry hard drive ate some of my past modeling work. Just don't have the time to shoot again.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
👠👠
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

bound_jenny wrote:Clothing sizes? I'm with Gregovic on this one. It's a bloody massacre.

I've also noted that clothing of a particular size has become smaller rather than larger. Same goes for shoes. It's totally weird.

Example: I have a jacket of a particular size I've worn for years, fits just fine. A similar jacket now, I need to go one or even two sizes up! One clerk suggested once that I might have misread the label or gained a few in the intervening years, and I shot him a look :evil: that drained the blood from his face. I took off my jacket and showed him the labels on both. He managed to stammer an apology.

I had just given this young man a lesson in customer relations. :lol:

Especially to never, ever tell a lady, directly or indirectly, that she's gained weight. :shock:

In their world, even my feet have grown one size! I compared shoes comfortable on my feet in the store, once, to the same "size" of a new pair of shoes I found uncomfortable. The newer ones are smaller. WTF? :?

So now I consider any size labeling extremely suspect. Even between brands, there are variations.

Try before you buy.

Jenny.
I seem to have some recollection that I read something a couple of years ago about standard European clothe sizing standards being altered because we were all a bunch of fatties now. Not sure about other countries and I could be , remembering it wrong, in fact I could just be talking out of my left earhole but I just thought I'd mention it. :)
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
Shannon SteelSlave

What are we grading BMI on a curve now?
👠👠
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:What are we grading BMI on a curve now?
Depends on what kind of curves you're talking about... :wink:

Jenny.
Lisahs3

Post by Lisahs3 »

Clothing sizes are so frustrating! The problem I have the most is finding nice comfortable bras that look nice too.
Also tops in particular tshirts short or long sleeve. They are either far too big and feel like I am wearing a tent or they are too tight. The last time I went shopping just a couple of weeks ago I tried a cute long sleeve T shirt on which was a little low at the front. I like those though. I walked out of the changing room to ask her what she thought because it felt tight. She almost choked with laughter and said oh my god you look like you have just had a boob job, a little too loudly. I quickly rushed back in to change people were starting to stare. Some tops feel like I will pop out others hide everything and make me feel shapeless and small. I’m only a humble C cup. Trousers the legs are often too long. I like some baggy clothes they are nice for home.

Lisa
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

The problem lies in misunderstanding at the factory. The cutter out of the cloth but in an order with their stores dept. for a new elastic tape measure, Meaning, a tape measure for measuring elastic but the stores dept. thought they wanted a tape measure made from elastic and sent one out to them. Due to budget restraint, meaning the employer is a tight arse, only one new tape measure can be issued every ten years. Ever since my clothes have never fitted properly.
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

bounddosster wrote:The problem lies in misunderstanding at the factory. The cutter out of the cloth but in an order with their stores dept. for a new elastic tape measure, Meaning, a tape measure for measuring elastic but the stores dept. thought they wanted a tape measure made from elastic and sent one out to them. Due to budget restraint, meaning the employer is a tight arse, only one new tape measure can be issued every ten years. Ever since my clothes have never fitted properly.
Nice to know we have a mole on the inside to keep us informed. :wink:

:mrgreen:

Jenny.