Change of clothing.

Crossdressing as a part of or type of selfbondage.
restricted

Change of clothing.

Post by restricted »

With more women wearing trousers or jeans these days and clothes designers trying out skirts to men, it may come about that they would be the norm for men. (healthier obviously) I wonder if it would have the same attraction to cross dress if it was normal for men to wear skirts and dresses,
We have ways of making you happily suffer. You WILL enjoy yourself. That's an order.
Lotharjulz

Re: Change of clothing.

Post by Lotharjulz »

Last edited by Lotharjulz on 30 Jul 2023, 23:17, edited 1 time in total.
Lisahs3

Post by Lisahs3 »

Lotharjulz wrote:
restricted wrote:With more women wearing trousers or jeans these days and clothes designers trying out skirts to men, it may come about that they would be the norm for men. (healthier obviously) I wonder if it would have the same attraction to cross dress if it was normal for men to wear skirts and dresses,
Imo woman's clothing was inspired by deliberate non practicality and flaunting. While I can easily see the trend towards male clothing for everyone as it meets the definition of conservative, going the opposite direction is always going to draw attention to oneself and that is generally perceived as a negative thing regardless of your gender.

I think the people willing to deal with the stress of being unique is starting to decline.
Thats so true. Walking through the town on a Friday night with my friends we are 5 girls all dressed up nice for a fun evening.
We draw attention. Just because we are wearing short skirts or dresses does not mean we are trying to flirt or anything else like that.
Sometimes it just feels nice to dress up nice and thats how we see it. Sadly a group of girls, women actually lol going out men seem to think we are only looking for one thing.
We are but it's not getting picked up.

I think people should be able to dress in what they want and how they want and it should have nothing to do with the shallow minded minority that only seem to be out to upset good people.

Lisa
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Lisahs3 wrote:Thats so true. Walking through the town on a Friday night with my friends we are 5 girls all dressed up nice for a fun evening.
We draw attention. Just because we are wearing short skirts or dresses does not mean we are trying to flirt or anything else like that.
Sometimes it just feels nice to dress up nice and thats how we see it. Sadly a group of girls, women actually lol going out men seem to think we are only looking for one thing.

I think people should be able to dress in what they want and how they want and it should have nothing to do with the shallow minded minority that only seem to be out to upset good people.

Lisa
Amen to that, sister! 8)

Though I love to dress sharply in a skirt, blouse and jacket, but with my tight waist plainly visible. Add nice stockings and sky-high stiletto heels and I'm ready to make people go :shock: . Gawk, stare, ogle, leer, whatever. Often the deer-in-the-headlights thing.

I get the best response from the older gentlemen - a faint smile, a knowing glint in the eye.

The funniest response is from men and their accompanying wives. He stares, she jabs her elbow in his ribs. Or smacks him upside the head. :rofl:

That's entertainment.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

Lisahs3 wrote:
Lotharjulz wrote:
restricted wrote:With more women wearing trousers or jeans these days and clothes designers trying out skirts to men, it may come about that they would be the norm for men. (healthier obviously) I wonder if it would have the same attraction to cross dress if it was normal for men to wear skirts and dresses,
Imo woman's clothing was inspired by deliberate non practicality and flaunting. While I can easily see the trend towards male clothing for everyone as it meets the definition of conservative, going the opposite direction is always going to draw attention to oneself and that is generally perceived as a negative thing regardless of your gender.

I think the people willing to deal with the stress of being unique is starting to decline.
Thats so true. Walking through the town on a Friday night with my friends we are 5 girls all dressed up nice for a fun evening.

Lisa
I totally agree with your statement but let not tar all men with the same brush. :)
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

Being totally anti-trend I wouldn't know the state of modern fashion but I seem to remember fashion designers trying skirts for men about twenty years ago. I remember some famous footballer wearing one on TV, it looked more like a grey kilt than a stylish skirt, it didn't take off then.

Personally, I'd be all in favor of skirts for men, much comfier and stylish with different designs but I can never see it happening in the UK it is far too backward for that. Of course, they do have the modern kilt in Scotland, which I think is brilliant apart from the daft-looking socks but go to Scotland and call a modern kilt a skirt, and you're asking for trouble.
ruru67

Post by ruru67 »

A friend of mine once mused that it was silly that men wore pants, that hang from the waist/hips, while allowing for women to wear dresses than hang from the shoulders, when men don't actually have much in the way of waists/hips to hang from, leading to uncomfortably tight pants just to keep the damn things up - they get pulled down by the act of sitting or walking because of the way moving your legs pulls on the fabric. Skirts and dresses aren't subject to that, and tend to stay up without too much help.

You can use suspenders on pants to avoid over-tight waits/belts, but it's yet another thing to undo to do your business, when skirts can juste be lifted out of the way.

Pants seem to be a largely European affectation (albeit exported around the world), and a relatively recent one at that; outside that culture, kaftans, kilts, sarongs, lavalavas et c are all things. I noted in Bali they don't like people walking around sacred sites in shorts, so rather than turning tourists away, they keep a rack of sarongs at the gate to lend to visitors while they visit.

And maybe one day we'll all get over this stupidity of using gender for more than just biological purposes, and let people dress / present themselves how they damn well want without having to make some kind of statement when they do. Sometimes clothes are just clothes.
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

ruru67 wrote:A friend of mine once mused that it was silly that men wore pants, that hang from the waist/hips, while allowing for women to wear dresses than hang from the shoulders, when men don't actually have much in the way of waists/hips to hang from, leading to uncomfortably tight pants just to keep the damn things up - they get pulled down by the act of sitting or walking because of the way moving your legs pulls on the fabric. Skirts and dresses aren't subject to that, and tend to stay up without too much help.

You can use suspenders on pants to avoid over-tight waits/belts, but it's yet another thing to undo to do your business, when skirts can juste be lifted out of the way.

Pants seem to be a largely European affectation (albeit exported around the world), and a relatively recent one at that; outside that culture, kaftans, kilts, sarongs, lavalavas et c are all things. I noted in Bali they don't like people walking around sacred sites in shorts, so rather than turning tourists away, they keep a rack of sarongs at the gate to lend to visitors while they visit.

And maybe one day we'll all get over this stupidity of using gender for more than just biological purposes, and let people dress / present themselves how they damn well want without having to make some kind of statement when they do. Sometimes clothes are just clothes.
So true.
Lisahs3

Post by Lisahs3 »

ruru67 wrote:A friend of mine once mused that it was silly that men wore pants, that hang from the waist/hips, while allowing for women to wear dresses than hang from the shoulders, when men don't actually have much in the way of waists/hips to hang from, leading to uncomfortably tight pants just to keep the damn things up - they get pulled down by the act of sitting or walking because of the way moving your legs pulls on the fabric. Skirts and dresses aren't subject to that, and tend to stay up without too much help.

Well said.

We don’t really have the same issue as you guys because of our hips and waistline but we have the issue of skirts and dresses riding up. I feel like I have to constantly pull the hem of my skirts down when I stand up. I do feel a little self conscious at times in the office doing that. Often it’s just smoothing any wrinkles in the fabric, another thing that gets attention.

I think society still has a lot to learn and accept.

Lisa
BlindMike

Post by BlindMike »

Here's my take on it, these days ,I wear almost exclusively womens yoga pants which can be bought easily off Amazon. As stretchy as leggings, and you can buy straight leg, bootcut, almost any style. If you like them tight round the bum and thighs, there's plenty of choice, and , they're not expensive. To date, I have never had a comment, or a second look from guys or girls, and they are the most comfortable pants I've ever worn.. And all the time I know I'm crossdressing, and I wear the appropriate underwear as well. I now understand why women wear this style of pants because they're so comfortable. Just love em.
Arthur

Post by Arthur »

After years of wearing tights, and sometimes a matching leotard, only at home, I finally decided to go with leggings almost all the time. They are so comfy and easy to put on or take off. So far I've had stares - - I'm a senior citizen - - but no comments. (Not that this would bother me.)
Hannah_G

Post by Hannah_G »

Skirts for me have always seemed to be a kind of novelty and never really marketed in a way that would appeal to Joe Public. They've often been drab, poorly designed or ridiculously overpriced. Anyone remember the H&M men's skirt from about 15 yrs ago? And then there's the high fashion catwalk items that won't ever transfer over to the high street.

The choice from the women's section has always been a better option, so those of us that like wearing them buy from there.

Would we still be interested in crossdressing if skirts became a regular part of men's wardrobe? Absolutely!! It's about much more than the wearing of a skirt. Sometimes I like to crossdress in women's trousers!!
Laicey

Post by Laicey »

You can wear what you like these days. You can wear a dress in Tesco and nobody else will even notice. I even forgot my mask which is way worse and nobody noticed.. Where's the problem?

I lost everything in 2020. I came out because there was nothing else left to loose. Nobody even noticed. It's completely normal these days.

Why do you still need to be a victim?
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

Andy_G wrote:Anyone remember the H&M men's skirt from about 15 yrs ago?
That is what I was trying to remember. I'd certainly go over to a skirt if they became mainstream for men purely on the grounds of comfort and style choice, though I don't think I have the legs for a mini, Pencil skirt would be nice with that tight feeling.
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

Laicey wrote:
You can wear what you like these days. You can wear a dress in Tesco and nobody else will even notice. I even forgot my mask which is way worse and nobody noticed.. Where's the problem?

I lost everything in 2020. I came out because there was nothing else left to loose. Nobody even noticed. It's completely normal these days.

Why do you still need to be a victim?
Wearing a dress in Tesco might not get you noticed if you are in total fem mode but if you are in male mode and just wear a skirt instead of trousers then I think you will be noticed. I wish it didn't make a bit of difference but that's life. I believe anyone should be allowed to wear whatever they want or even nothing at all anywhere they want.