Measuring Bra Size

Crossdressing as a part of or type of selfbondage.
Zephyr_Dragon

Measuring Bra Size

Post by Zephyr_Dragon »

Trying to figure out my bra size. Looking around the web at various sites for the most part it seems pretty straight forward. Most sites say measure around the chest just below the boobs and that is the band size. However, there are some sites that say to take the chest measurement and add 4" for an even number measurement, and 5" for an odd number measurement.

The band size is then subtracted from the measurement around the fullest part of the bust to determine cups. The band size is then subtracted from the bust measurement.

With a hypothetical person measuring 36" around the chest and 42" over the bust, the 'add 4 inches' method results in a 40B. While the other method of using the chest as measure for band size results in a 36DDD. Quite the difference.

Can anyone explain the difference and why there are two methods with such big differences?

Thanks!
Come to the Dark Side

(But bring a flashlight. It's dark over here)
Gregovic

Re: Measuring Bra Size

Post by Gregovic »

Take your actual measurement rounded to the nearest even number. The add-4inches is SUPER old fashioned and should die an ignominious death. Anyone that still tells women to do this should be sentenced to wearing ill-fitting garments for a year.

From the article linked above:
"The ‘Plus 4’ Fitting method - 'Measure around your ribs, add 4 or 5 inches depending on whether the number is even or odd and then measure you bust and work out your cup size from the difference in measurements.'
It was designed as a method for measuring way back in the 1950s when bras were made from silk and satin and did not stretch. The 4 inches extra allowed breathing room, something which in 2015 is completely redundant as all bras now have elastic and stretch in them. So scrap this old technique!"
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
Zephyr_Dragon

Post by Zephyr_Dragon »

Thank you for the help and the explanation.
Come to the Dark Side

(But bring a flashlight. It's dark over here)
Karren

Post by Karren »

Think that "add 4" was like WWII type bras.... Now measure your under bust (or over bust) and if even use that otherwise if odd round up 1"... Then the cup size is the difference between your bust measurement and your band size... 1=A 2=b 3=C 4=D 5=DD and so forth...

depending on the shape of your breasts. Mine as wide set with a 37" under bust and a 44" bust measurement which should be a DD or a DDD but I typically wear a 38D or the sister sizes of a 36 DD... or a 40C... will fit too. You should be able to slide up or down a band size and subtract or add a cup size (respectively). All the same size cup just different bands.
I reject your reality and substitute my own….......

My Kinky Photos —— https://ibb.co/album/n30dgX
Karren

Post by Karren »

To further explain and show.... Here are my 4 favorite Playtex bras..... 40C, 38C, 38D, and 38DD. The 40C and 38C are model 4693 - 18 Hour Bras and fit well, the 38D is a different model Playtex - 4159 - 18 Hour Acrive and is kind of tight across the breast and the 38DD is a 4745 - Ultimate Lift and support.... and is currently too large... No forms, all me... Wanting to try a 36DD next to see how the cups fit my wide set breasts.
I reject your reality and substitute my own….......

My Kinky Photos —— https://ibb.co/album/n30dgX