Newbie heels question

Crossdressing as a part of or type of selfbondage.
Lisahs3

Re: Newbie heels question

Post by Lisahs3 »

Gregovic wrote:Stairs are still pretty scary for me. I destroyed a pair of heels (and NEARLY myself) at one point when the heel caught trying to step down, I lost my balance and rammed the heel on the edge of the step above a second time trying to get it under me. Took the heel nearly completely off the shoe. Managed to catch myself against the wall and very carefully get myself back under control. Needed a bit of a sit down after that to calm my nerves. Luckily my stairs weren't carpeted yet so didn't do any bad damage in that regard. The combo of heels and floor length dresses is even more "fun" :shock:. Definitely need to be careful about lifting the dress with one hand (Front of the skirt when going up, back of the skirt when going down) and holding the rail with the other.
If you are wearing dress that is full length to the floor and like a bell or a meringue as we call them in England lol then yes that is the best way, actually its the only way.

If you are going to wear something like a nice cocktail dress then make sure you buy a dress that is the proper length. Something that is not down to the floor but close, you want to show of your gorgeous shoes after all.
In this case hold the skirt up a little at the side so you pull it out to your side and lift it just enough. This works for walking up or downstairs you can then still hold onto the banister rail for support. Don't worry about not looking lady like because once you get to the bottom or the top you can let your dress fall back into place smile warmly and walk on. They will only remember your smile and your bum because they always look.

I love heels but I also suffer from vertigo thats why at home at least or in a friends house I always take my heels off to go up or downstairs. Standing at the top of my stair at home, they are steep is just okay for me but in high heels I can almost feel myself falling forward on the top step even though I am not falling.
Heels on carpets are lethal. If you don't trip up you can catch your heel and pull the carpet. The best heels for carpet are wide heels not stilettos. Mind you I have been to house parties before and had the evil stare off the hosts because I am standing on their posh new wooden floor in my heels. This is another reason why you should check the length of the skirt on your dress so you can take off your heels and still walk around without having to hitch up your dress or skirt all the time. There is another hazard, you have to remove your shoes because you don't want to mark their floor or you feet are killing you but your skirt or dress is floor length. Wooden floor and the hem of your skirt under your bare or stocking feet you can slip straight over onto your bum. I know I have done it :facepalm:

Lisa
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

lisahs2 wrote:
Gregovic wrote:Stairs are still pretty scary for me. I destroyed a pair of heels (and NEARLY myself) at one point when the heel caught trying to step down, I lost my balance and rammed the heel on the edge of the step above a second time trying to get it under me. Took the heel nearly completely off the shoe. Managed to catch myself against the wall and very carefully get myself back under control. Needed a bit of a sit down after that to calm my nerves. Luckily my stairs weren't carpeted yet so didn't do any bad damage in that regard. The combo of heels and floor length dresses is even more "fun" :shock:. Definitely need to be careful about lifting the dress with one hand (Front of the skirt when going up, back of the skirt when going down) and holding the rail with the other.
If you are wearing dress that is full length to the floor and like a bell or a meringue as we call them in England lol then yes that is the best way, actually its the only way.

If you are going to wear something like a nice cocktail dress then make sure you buy a dress that is the proper length. Something that is not down to the floor but close, you want to show of your gorgeous shoes after all.
In this case hold the skirt up a little at the side so you pull it out to your side and lift it just enough. This works for walking up or downstairs you can then still hold onto the banister rail for support. Don't worry about not looking lady like because once you get to the bottom or the top you can let your dress fall back into place smile warmly and walk on. They will only remember your smile and your bum because they always look.

I love heels but I also suffer from vertigo thats why at home at least or in a friends house I always take my heels off to go up or downstairs. Standing at the top of my stair at home, they are steep is just okay for me but in high heels I can almost feel myself falling forward on the top step even though I am not falling.
Heels on carpets are lethal. If you don't trip up you can catch your heel and pull the carpet. The best heels for carpet are wide heels not stilettos. Mind you I have been to house parties before and had the evil stare off the hosts because I am standing on their posh new wooden floor in my heels. This is another reason why you should check the length of the skirt on your dress so you can take off your heels and still walk around without having to hitch up your dress or skirt all the time. There is another hazard, you have to remove your shoes because you don't want to mark their floor or you feet are killing you but your skirt or dress is floor length. Wooden floor and the hem of your skirt under your bare or stocking feet you can slip straight over onto your bum. I know I have done it :facepalm:

Lisa
All my long dresses are still short enough that they show my heels (ankle length would probably be a better descriptor actually). But my stairs at home are just steep enough that if I don't lift the hem I can step on it. Going down it's mostly just about not letting the dress brush over the stairs. I can't really pull off a cocktail dress with my figure (plus I've encountered few that I actually like the looks of. Being a cross-dresser means I would also like to have enough coverage at the front to either hide the edges of the breastplate or hide the breast forms. Something most "barely there" cocktail dresses don't do.
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

lisahs2 wrote:I just read that link about how to walk in heels. God where was this when I was growing up? I remember wearing my mums shoes when I was little. Obviously they were too big for me but I wanted to be like her.
I remember my boy next door when he was little and his mother's heels on. He had trouble keeping them on and he could place another foot at the back, so much room was left.
Natybound

Post by Natybound »

High heels are very cute but they are also a bit dangerous if you don't know how to walk well in them. And sometimes even if you know how to do it, they are still dangerous. So, if you don't feel confident about them, it's better to take them off and walk like Cinderella :lol:
Natybound

Post by Natybound »

By the way, yesterday I posted an entry about a post titled "Beware: Your High Heels Are Trying to Kill You". :rofl:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=13182&start=15
Karren

Post by Karren »

Natybound wrote:By the way, yesterday I posted an entry about a post titled "Beware: Your High Heels Are Trying to Kill You". :rofl:

That's a good article!

"but even men managed to stumble in with 66 total injuries"...

Probably a lot more men injured enfemme that went unreported!
I reject your reality and substitute my own….......

My Kinky Photos —— https://ibb.co/album/n30dgX
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

Karren wrote:
Natybound wrote:By the way, yesterday I posted an entry about a post titled "Beware: Your High Heels Are Trying to Kill You". :rofl:

That's a good article!

"but even men managed to stumble in with 66 total injuries"...

Probably a lot more men injured enfemme that went unreported!
exactly. I wouldn't exactly admit to what I was wearing if I got injured unless I had no choice
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

Never say die!
10.jpg
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
Karren

Post by Karren »

Do they make foot casts with 4” heels??

bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

Hopefully, if you take a tumble you'll only suffer a sore bottom, which I'm sure most of us have experienced more than once before.
A.jpg
A.jpg (10.04 KiB) Viewed 1591 times
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

That can cause traffic jams on the runway. And people swerving to avoid fashion road kill.
2072758914_4498b992f5.jpg
2072758914_4498b992f5.jpg (17.25 KiB) Viewed 1589 times
But as Dosster said, usually, it's a backward fall when it comes to heels. I think I have performance tested more heels than anyone else here, for braking, handling, acceleration, and top speed. Shoe Goo (tm) enhanced numbers across the board. viewtopic.php?f=12&t=12533&hilit=shoe+goo#p90309
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
Karren

Post by Karren »

Lucky for me all my skating and ice hockey have strengthened my ankles.....

kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Karren wrote:Lucky for me all my skating and ice hockey have strengthened my ankles.....
Keeping your body in good shape is one of the essential requirements for the tough sport of bondage. :wink:
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

Nice photo Karren.
You could combine both.
14.jpg
14.jpg (7.42 KiB) Viewed 1539 times
15.jpg
Karren

Post by Karren »

I have to get me a pair of high heel skates! They make them in a hockey version? That will match my outfit? lol