The Sewing Thread

Crossdressing as a part of or type of selfbondage.
schmerzbold

The Sewing Thread

Post by schmerzbold »

Hi folks, guys, girls and everybody who is into sewing,

don't know if this is rather a cross-dressing or DIY topic. Moderators to my help! :wink:

I'd like to create a thread especially dedicated to sewing.
Questions, problems, hints, patterns, pics...

Personally, I would not describe myself as a cross-dresser. Sometimes, being at home, I like wearing a dress instead of jogging-trousers. But most of the time, I love sewing my own feminine underwear or changing women's underwear to fit me.

I love the feeling of lace on my skin. Thus, I started modifying women's lingerie to fit with my bulge, because I don't like anything to slip and hang outside of it. I want it both: feminine and comfy.

During this process, I've had a lot of questions which I had to answer myself:
* How do you use a sewing machine to put two pieces of fabric together?
* How do you make a seam?
* How to deal with elastic fabrics?
* Which machine(s) to buy? Do I really need a serger / overlock machine?

Many, many questions...

To get things started - Here's what I did:
* I've got myself a cheap sewing machine (Singer Serenade) from ebay and started sewing together different kinds of non-stretchy, rather rough fabrics like Jeans or fleece.
* Having made some advances trying to sew light and elastic fabrics, I noticed that the Singer left out stitches or eat the fabric (pulling it inside her body). This was because she (all my sewing machines are female :wink: ) was just too old. Asking a pro if she could be overhauled to sew light and elastic fabrics, he answered me that she was rather a lawn mower than a sewing machine. Ouchhh...
* Having been said this, I've got me two brand new sewing machines: A Pfaff Ambition Essential, and an Overlock made by Toyota. Jipp, not driving the Toyota but having her sew! :D

With these two sewing machines, I can do all kinds of sewing projects I need.

...how about you?

Kind regards,
Charly
Audrey_CD

Re: The Sewing Thread

Post by Audrey_CD »

I like sewing too. I have used my 1939 Singer to make a complete Victorian outfit documented elsewhere on Bound Anna.

Recently I updated my machine to a modern (1970!!) Frister and Rossmann Cub 7 brought from ebay for £30. This does fancy ziggy-zaggy stitches and more besides. I have used this to make a 1950s style dress with circle skirt.

I tend to make my own patterns apart from my... unusual female shape... I enjoy the process of designing from a flat fabric into a three dimensional garment.

I am self taught via internet study.
Sergio

Re: The Sewing Thread

Post by Sergio »

Curious about sewing stretchy materials as I have at least one item, a spandex sleeping bag with inner sleeves, which is rather large and would be more effective if I could put a seam between the legs and take it in a bit at the back.