Off topic but hey - has anyone seen SAW III???

Anything that does not fit any of the other categories.
clever

Post by clever »

curious_sb wrote:I wonder if anyone managed to keep down a whole bag of popcorn and a cola drink while they were watching it.....

Munch...Munch...slurp....Munch.... (what the)....*Projectile VOMIT....Huuueerrrrrrr
haha, i couldn't answer that, i refuse to pay $8 for a bag of popcorn and a coke. That's just ridiculous. I believe that's like 4 pounds or 4 euros for you crazy europeans... dang bush bringing down the value of the dollar...
bretjones

Post by bretjones »

i love these films, but i only saw the first half of the first one, but i have seen the others, that scene in saw 2 where the woman puts her hands in that trap which cuts her wrists....

that would have been great if they got rid of the bleeding wrists, and added a ball gag, thigh high boots, spreader bar, butt plug, vibrator chastity belt, etc,etc.....

:lol:
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

bretjones wrote:i love these films, but i only saw the first half of the first one, but i have seen the others, that scene in saw 2 where the woman puts her hands in that trap which cuts her wrists....

that would have been great if they got rid of the bleeding wrists, and added a ball gag, thigh high boots, spreader bar, butt plug, vibrator chastity belt, etc,etc.....

:lol:
Yeah I remember wincing at that.
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator
chicken_minute

Post by chicken_minute »

You have no idea how much I hate those kind of movies.
I could quite happily assist in an autopsy, but those movies seriously offend and disturb me.
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

chicken_minute wrote:You have no idea how much I hate those kind of movies.
I could quite happily assist in an autopsy, but those movies seriously offend and disturb me.
Ironically I am a big fan of the SAW series of movies, however the latest one has seriously offended and disturbed me. If I really HAD a therapist, I think I would have called him/her as soon as I left the auditorium
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator
bretjones

Post by bretjones »

ahh that sort of stuff really doesnt bother me, and its really hard to offend me in any way, that i would actually care about.
the way i see it, these movies are doing a good deed to the public because say as if someone, for example, sees a car crash aftermath, with mutilation, decapitation, the works...
if they see this shit all the time anyway, they are not going to be as bothered by it are they? just the way i see it.
misQui
Retired Moderator

Post by misQui »

I saw (no pun intended) all the horror films when I was a kid so I totally desensitised. I reckon I'd be the kind of guy you'd want on the scene of a hideous accident cos I wouldn't be bothered by the blood and guts.

As a side note, the Saw trilogy is released on DVD in the UK on Monday (26th Feb).
chicken_minute

Post by chicken_minute »

I don't think it's good that people are being so desensitzed to such grotesque scenes of torture. Long ago, back in the days before movies even existed, people were pretty damned tough - the children of the working classes walked barefoot (shoes were a luxury) even in the dead of winter; there was little heating in most people's homes, food was so short that people often starved, and they were all too familiar with the sight of pain and death -
no free hospitals, no anaesthetics. When the Great War came (WW1) , the hundreds of thousands of men who survived and came home had lived through horrors beyond imagination - many of them came home minus hands, legs, even faces.

But if they saw the movies we are watching now, they would be shocked and
disgusted to the point of tears.. Something is wrong.
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

chicken_minute wrote:I don't think it's good that people are being so desensitzed to such grotesque scenes of torture. Long ago, back in the days before movies even existed, people were pretty damned tough - the children of the working classes walked barefoot (shoes were a luxury) even in the dead of winter; there was little heating in most people's homes, food was so short that people often starved, and they were all too familiar with the sight of pain and death -
no free hospitals, no anaesthetics. When the Great War came (WW1) , the hundreds of thousands of men who survived and came home had lived through horrors beyond imagination - many of them came home minus hands, legs, even faces.

But if they saw the movies we are watching now, they would be shocked and
disgusted to the point of tears.. Something is wrong.
...very wrong. I totally agree with you there buddy.
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator
chicken_minute

Post by chicken_minute »

curious_sb wrote:
...very wrong. I totally agree with you there buddy.
Thanks Curious SB,
I don't want to take anyone's fun away, but it seems like people just don't
understand what they are seeing on the screen anymore.

At work, a couple of guys were watching "happy slapping" videos on their phones (downloaded from the internet) and laughing their heads off at a girl on a bicycle being punched in the face and knocked to the ground...

What happened to compassion and respect for privacy? It's like they didn't even consider it to be real (trust me, that video was not a fake).
misQui
Retired Moderator

Post by misQui »

chicken_minute wrote:At work, a couple of guys were watching "happy slapping" videos on their phones (downloaded from the internet) and laughing their heads off at a girl on a bicycle being punched in the face and knocked to the ground
The only happy slapping video I found even remotely amusing was where the lad who had just been hit turned round and knocked the happy slapper clean out with one punch. Just desserts and all that...
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

I will try and find teh best EVER just deserts happy slap gone wrong video. If anyone wants to help or finds it before me, its called happy slap gone wrong or seomthing, you can find it on youtube. its so funny.

EDIT : Found it, the quality (as you'd expect from a mobile) is poor, but so funny watching those nob-ends getting their just deserts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y1n4w8eDuY
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator
Shannon SteelSlave

Re:

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

bretjones wrote:i love these films, but i only saw the first half of the first one, but i have seen the others, that scene in saw 2 where the woman puts her hands in that trap which cuts her wrists.... that would have been great if they got rid of the bleeding wrists, and added a ball gag, thigh high boots, spreader bar, butt plug, vibrator chastity belt, etc,etc....
sawwwwww.jpg
sawwwwww.jpg (8.99 KiB) Viewed 1535 times
Like raccoon traps, wrists can get in, but can not be drawn back out. I don't blame you for dreaming. I would love to see a BDSM version of this where points are awarded for willingly submitting to whipping, strain bondage, donning corsets, gags, ect. I would also have traps that offer no incentive, meant for the naive. For the background, maybe people stuck in bonds, chained to the wall, in stockades, and lightly stretched on racks not enough to tear, just totally immobilize. No pain. You can look into their eyes and see trepidation or something. But are helpless yourself to help them, as their chains have no keys or are cold riveted. You're all gagged, so no verbal communication.
Venom wrote:i found the headcage thing hot as hell though, if that didnt snap your jaw open i would SO BUY ONE OF THOSE!
Capture.JPG
My favourite. I would redesign it so that instead of what it really does, I would have it electronically close, pushing up the lower mandible to prevent the victim from opening their mouth. It would be programmed to open at 8am, 12noon, and 5pm for 20 minutes for meals, and 5 minutes at 8pm for brushing teeth. During the time the gag is open, if it hears your voice, it will immediately close for 24 hours as a punishment.
I can't reach the quote, but the freezer room was mentioned, and described the victim as "hot".
download (1).jpg
download (1).jpg (7.04 KiB) Viewed 1535 times
Not "hot" enough to escape.....
The trap that bugged me the most was the needle pit from episode 2. Look it up if you want, I am not going describe or show a photo. But then I realized.......The "blood" down there was most definitely likely to be Hawaiian Punch fruit drink. John Kramer isn't for that.
I can take the blood/guts/gore just fine. I have put on one of these movies whilst talking on the cellular telephone machine to get rid of an unwanted caller. I just really hate how cavalier the police are at the crime scenes.
I have restricted my critique to the first 3 movies, but I can comment all the way up to 7. Not sure how much interest there is in this topic. Can't really watch them to inspire games, or spark imagination for DIY. I was able to get the deeper message that many can not sit through to realize. I don't advise binge watching them all at once. Gives me too grim a point of view of the world.
Now, if you want to be disturbed, read the words below by highlighting with your cursor. But only if you accept the responsibility. Otherwise, please click away from this post.
All of the traps conceived for the movie are plausible, and some of the actors in them were hospitalized after shooting. (minor injuries, not as direct result of the intended predicament)
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
bounddosster

Re: Off topic but hey - has anyone seen SAW III???

Post by bounddosster »

Now that really brings a post back from the dead. I don't usually disagree with the lovely Shannon on much and this is my personal opinion and I'm all for people being able to watch what they want not censored 100% though I do feel some censorship is needed but that stuff just isn't for me. Blood, guts gore etc. no thanks, seen enough of that to last me a lifetime.
I just hate films that make entertainment out of people's suffering and misery. Society is becoming sicker and more violent with every generation. When society accepts people being hacked to bits as normal but is against seeing an erect penis or people having sex on main screen tv then something is very, very wrong.

The most disturbing film I have even is actually very mild compared to today's blood baths. It was Alfred Hitchcock's The Rope. I won't go into details but if you know it you will know what I mean. The concept to me that someone would kill someone just because they think them somehow inferior to them and so shouldn't have a right to live a life is truly sickening. The free world fought wars against that sort of behavior yet we freely accept it as entertainment.

Sorry, It's just a rant, I know, it's just some aspects of modern society sickens me. :(
No offence is intended towards anyone.
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
Shannon SteelSlave

Re: Off topic but hey - has anyone seen SAW III???

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Yeah, it's a necro, but what makes this one unique is that I expect no response from the original participants.
I did not mean to say I condone the creation of these films. I have the 1-7 set, a $5 bargain bin purchase. I do watch them once in a while, one reason is to get "Saw" references that are often spoken here.
Mainly, I wanted to mention that Reverse Bear Trap Gag. It looks cool. Plus I thought of another, more humane way to use it.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠