Off topic but hey - has anyone seen SAW III???

Anything that does not fit any of the other categories.
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Off topic but hey - has anyone seen SAW III???

Post by curious_sb »

Has anyone else seen SAW III yet? I saw it tonight, and frankly - I feel seriously in need of a therapist. I believe all the hype now in the media about people fainting and passing out, it is not frightening its very bloody and ......disturbing.....is probably the right word.

There are a couple of scenes worth noting from a bondage perspective - in particular one scene in a freezer room - but given the context, doesn't fill me with excitement, although the woman or should I say "victim" was very attractive.

The ending was very well thought out, very psychological and very mentally challenging, but lots of gore and blood.
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

Oh god yes I just remembered the other bondage scene, I can't give away too much detail, but it has a lot to do with chains, it is a sick scene and made me feel ill actually. The puppet guy said "...you spent most of your life in chains, now it is time to see how much you really want to get out...".

You can guess at the rest.
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator
Cindy123

Post by Cindy123 »

I have got to see part 3, I own parts 1&2.
Cindy
If your not playing on the edge, your taking up to much space...............................
Play safe and have fun...Now Where did I put that damn Key!!!!! ;-)
CINDY123@BAK.RR.COM
clever

Post by clever »

yeah, i was feeling pretty traumatized after seeing that as well. that chain scene was just wrong. the freezer girl was pretty hot, but yeah, in the context, it just wasn't exciting in that way. It seems like every saw movie gets grosser and grosser.
misQui
Retired Moderator

Post by misQui »

All I've ever seen was a dodgy pirate copy of the first one that looked like it wasn't even the final edit. Needless to say it didn't fill me with enthusiasm for the rest fo them but now I think I might be missing a trick. I shall rent the first 2 immediately.
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

I have been told also that there are 3 more coming out, 4, 5, and 6.

So far each one has successively been more and more traumatic to watch, so they have a lot of expectations to live up to...

I also own 1 and 2 on DVD.
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator
dracae

Post by dracae »

Are the acting in number three better than in the first two?

Saw I was a great movie IMO. Despite the not so good acting the way the story was told was very well made. Also the plot twists were nicely thought out.

Then came number two, with even worse acting and even more blood. I never felt anything for the characters, so I didn't really care if they died or not. It seemed that the only thing that movie was trying to do, was to be more bloody than the first.

How do you find number three compared to the two first? I have heard someone saying that the acting is better than in the two first movies, but I can always use a second oppinion :)
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

dracae wrote:Are the acting in number three better than in the first two?

Saw I was a great movie IMO. Despite the not so good acting the way the story was told was very well made. Also the plot twists were nicely thought out.

Then came number two, with even worse acting and even more blood. I never felt anything for the characters, so I didn't really care if they died or not. It seemed that the only thing that movie was trying to do, was to be more bloody than the first.

How do you find number three compared to the two first? I have heard someone saying that the acting is better than in the two first movies, but I can always use a second oppinion :)

Yes I think the acting is much better, and the storyline and the traps are more beleivable, which kind of make it more ...oh god.....so...disturbing...
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator
misQui
Retired Moderator

Post by misQui »

curious_sb wrote:Yes I think the acting is much better, and the storyline and the traps are more beleivable, which kind of make it more ...oh god.....so...disturbing...
I thought you'd have recovered by now. I take it it's back to nightmarish visions and cold sweats again? :shock:
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

Definately not recovered, its a terrible attack on the psyche.
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator
clever

Post by clever »

i dunno, i got over it pretty fast, maybe americans are just more desensitized. :shock:
Venom

Post by Venom »

I predicted what would happen in saw 1 within 20 minuites of it starting, as soon as the guy stood up i left the cinema

have not seen another saw film since.
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

I wonder if anyone managed to keep down a whole bag of popcorn and a cola drink while they were watching it.....

Munch...Munch...slurp....Munch.... (what the)....*Projectile VOMIT....Huuueerrrrrrr
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator
Venom

Post by Venom »

saw 1? i was fine, the only bit i found sickening was the barbed wire cut yourself thing, for personal reasons

i found the headcage thing hot as hell though, if that didnt snap your jaw open i would SO BUY ONE OF THOSE!
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

Venom wrote:I predicted what would happen in saw 1 within 20 minuites of it starting, as soon as the guy stood up i left the cinema

have not seen another saw film since.
Oh you really DON'T know what you are missing.

(Mind you I am also not so sure as thats a bad thing.......)
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator