Practicing what you preach!

Anything that does not fit any of the other categories.
Thorne

Practicing what you preach!

Post by Thorne »

Just want to stick my nose in here. I've seen many posters complaining about someone not posting sources, or links to web sites which corroborate his position. Yet I haven't seen one of those people actually post sources for their own position!

Just because someone may disagree with your beliefs doesn't automatically make him wrong. If you think he is wrong, post your sources to prove your point, then ask him to post his sources to prove his. It's a two way street.
onestrangeguy

Post by onestrangeguy »

You must be a personal friend of Hanol, another poster on this site that likes to post nonproductive argumentitive posts that would be better off unposted. And, yes, I do have a link to corroborate my position :roll: http://forum.boundanna.net/forum/viewto ... 9&start=30
Some times it's better to just remain silent, shake your head, and go on to the next post. :)
Grinser

Post by Grinser »

How do you link common sense? I do not need a bunch of electricians and MDs to explain that building a device that gives you possibly lethal shocks unsing a freakin dancing palm tree is a damn stupid idea.
There is a beast inside man that should be exercised, not exorcised.
lj

Post by lj »

Grinser wrote:How do you link common sense? I do not need a bunch of electricians and MDs to explain that building a device that gives you possibly lethal shocks unsing a freakin dancing palm tree is a damn stupid idea.
I'll keep quiet, then :lol: :lol: :lol:
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

let's move this to "everything else" where this should have been posted.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

I'm no longer answering such posts. Some may now argue that I just did, but that's just because they didn't take their medication on time.

I have decided that:

- I do not need to quote anyone on safety issues since there are so many sources of official information, government, professional associations, health professionals, etc., available on the Web that anyone with even a modicum of net savvy can make a quick search and find the information themselves and the data to back that up. If official sources are not credible enough, what is? Conspiracy theory sites?

- Those people who have enough sense to recognize that dangerous ideas are just that don't need additional convincing on my part. Grinser's post backs me up on this.

- Those people who don't have enough sense cannot be convinced and most often, do not even want to be convinced that they're wrong. There is no amount of reasoning, common sense or even mind control that can make them change their minds. Even attempting to do so is a total waste of time and energy. So if they want to be nominated for a Darwin Award, fine, go right ahead. Just remember that the grand prize is that for any species that doesn't keep up - extinction. Last time I looked, there was no "undo" button for that.

So, if you're smart enough to avoid taking unnecessary risks in your play activities, bravo to you, you have my unending admiration and a special place in my heart.

If, on the other hand, you insist on disregarding every piece of common sense and scientifically-backed, published data that is available for all to see... well... I'll just let natural selection take its course. :wink:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
davisev5225

Post by davisev5225 »

I think this person IS Hanol, and I bet a quick IP check or email check would confirm it.
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

davisev5225 wrote:I think this person IS Hanol, and I bet a quick IP check or email check would confirm it.
nope, different ISP's, davis.
davisev5225

Post by davisev5225 »

ponylady wrote:
davisev5225 wrote:I think this person IS Hanol, and I bet a quick IP check or email check would confirm it.
nope, different ISP's, davis.
Work vs. Home?

Seriously, that's the exact same tone Hanol had. :roll:

If I'm just blowing smoke, I apologize. I have, however, seen this sort of thing too often on other forums, and have gotten rather used to spotting these people early.
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

davisev5225 wrote:
If I'm just blowing smoke, I apologize. I have, however, seen this sort of thing too often on other forums, and have gotten rather used to spotting these people early.
hanol joined 2009-02-19, thorne 2008-01-16
davisev5225

Post by davisev5225 »

Alright, I apologize. I was wrong.