Post Office Box

Anything that does not fit any of the other categories.
Amy_Tenchi

Post Office Box

Post by Amy_Tenchi »

This may sound silly...But I've never opened a post office box at my local office before. I kind of want to know what I'm doing before I get there, since the office is almost always crowded.

And...can I open it for just a month and then its gone? or once I have it...amy I stuck with it or...I'm so confused. :shock:
-Missing In Action-
--May or May Not Return--
Charlie tuna

post office box

Post by Charlie tuna »

When I had my PO Box I could rent it for six months or one year paid in advance. I belive six months is the shortest time that you can rent one for. I had the smallest box that they had three years ago it cost $28.00/year. This is a letter siz box. If you receive a larger package you may have to go to the window to pick it up, or they may have some larger boxes that they put the package in and put a key for it in your box.
Charlie Tuna
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

Mistress Amy-
I think you have to keep the box for at least 6 months, (At least you have to pay for that, but you can turn the key back anytime). If you go to the USPS.com website, you may be able to find the rates for your area. Look under "Receiving mail" on the home page, then "manage your PO Box online". The rates vary depending on the post office.

Don't worry about the crowded post office. Today I went in to buy a book of stamps, only one person already being waited on. I waited a good 10 minutes, she was mailing out about 15 packages, to places all over the world. By the time I got waited on, there were 6 people behind me in line. Just ask about getting a box, and if you need to think about it for a bit, thank the person and come back later.
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
Amy_Tenchi

Post by Amy_Tenchi »

Hmm...maybe I will just chance it and plan shipping the item on Friday when I'm all home alone! Besides, they'd just leave it out in the rain for me anyways :roll: :roll:

Sadly, I'm not made of too much money, so the free doorstop will have to do. I know this company does discreet shipping (i think it says its a paper company from PA or something funny haha)

Mistress hmm...kinda like the ring to it more and more :lol: :lol:
-Missing In Action-
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

why go to the PO @ all ?

http://www.usps.com/receive/businesssol ... online.htm

just register it online.
:P :P :P
greenfrog9

Post by greenfrog9 »

Amy_Tenchi wrote:(i think it says its a paper company from PA or something funny haha)
As my profile shows, I live in PA. I worked at an adult novelty store that used the name of the town and news for its address. For example: "Pittsburgh News"
Amy_Tenchi

Post by Amy_Tenchi »

ponylady wrote:why go to the PO @ all ?
Yea...that's where I saw the different prices and suchlike, and decided I didn't feel like paying $40 bucks for a tiny box. I'd rather just ship in on a good planned day :) :)
greenfrog9 wrote:As my profile shows, I live in PA. I worked at an adult novelty store that used the name of the town and news for its address. For example: "Pittsburgh News"
You know...I think its something like that haha, I know it ships from PA, that's why it comes in about a day or two.
-Missing In Action-
Coraline

P.O Box

Post by Coraline »

If you live in the U.S, use the UPS Store like me. They accept all packages and you only need to give them your phone# for when your package arrives. Let them know you have a package coming. Just have the package mailed to the address of the UPS Store in your area. Hope this helps! This is my first post and this forum is a wealth of knowledge, I hope I can contribute theres lots of ideas in my head.
onestrangeguy

Post by onestrangeguy »

I just opened one at UPS last week.
You can get a box for as short a time as three months.
Go on line, and they have all the forms you need. Most stores have a list of prices too. I think mine was $14/Mo. with a $15 setup fee.
You can also print out a coupon for three months for free.
The nice thing is you get a street address that looks like an apartment. For example, mine is 5023 West 120th Ave. #202. Another nice feature is they will text or E-Mail you when something arrives, so you don't have to waste your time checking an empty box.
You can get 24 hour access most places, but there is an extra fee for that.
Shannon SteelSlave

Re: Post Office Box

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Welcome to Bound Anna, Hojoos, and thanks for the tip.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

What tip? Who's Hojoo's?
This thread is about 11 years old, with no recent posts.
Wrong subforum?
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Hojoos is a spammer that was busted an hour ago. Offered a decent piece of advice earlier, then must have pulled a fast one by adding something to their member profile or signature. I might be crazy, but I ain't crazy. Thanks for lookin' out C. You're all right.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Indeed, it looked very spammy from the outside, and when I looked further, it was a "disposable" e-mail addy hosted by a company that caters to mass-mailers and that sort of thing.

As for this thread, Amy hasn't been around in years. Along with SouthBoundBelle and myself, we wreaked havoc by triggering mass PEDRO alerts (a term coined by our own Ponylady, something to do with hard wood... :wink: ).

I miss those two... :love:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

bound_jenny wrote:
I miss those two... :love:

Jenny.
You're not alone in that. :cry: