Forum Avatar Psychology

Anything that does not fit any of the other categories.
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Forum Avatar Psychology

Post by curious_sb »

I cant think where to stick this post (probably sb discussions) but for now I will post in "everything else".

I dont know if its just me, but I am having a real hard time working out who is male and who is female on here. Maybe its the avatars people are choosing and I'd like to find out WHY they chose those avatars, on the psychological level.

For instance, I'm pretty sure misQui (sorry for picking on you dude but you are the best example) is a MAN, as quoted from his intro: "I'm a 28yo CD".

Yet whenever I reply to his topics, I seem to approach him on a more feminine level, and its not because Im gay or hes a bit camp, im sure he's a great bloke, its just the avatar. It freaks me out that hes actually a man, the same goes for LoRee who also sports a female avatar.

Maybe its because he is a self confessed CD, like LoRee, who I also see as a female, its reallly wierd, I cant explain it, but as I was saying, maybe it is this openness about their sexuality as CrossDressers that perhaps they see themselves as feminine people, and wish to project this image out, so probably thats why they chose the avatars that they chose - and I think thats a really beautiful thing.

Comments welcome
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

This is the picture we chose to use to show everyone else who we are, using a picture with a female like "LoRee"
misQui
Retired Moderator

Post by misQui »

I've never really given this that much thought before, but I certainly didn't choose the avatar because I want to deceive anyone. And by the way, I didn't even know it was called an 'avatar'. It seems a fairly silly word to me. Anyway, that's not important.
So yeah, I figure that in my 'normal' life, most of the people I deal with don't know I'm a CDer so it's a welcome break to talk on the 'interweb' in a way where I can project both the male and female sides of my personality. Due to the 'maleness' in my normal life I guess it's just nice to give the female side a showing and therefore I chose a female avatar rather than male. And as much as I like to think I look that good in my female guise, I'm afraid the little picture is actually of Christina Ricci who some of you may remember played Wednesday Adams in The Adams Family. Hasn't she grown up to be a lovely looking young lady?
LoRee
Retired Moderator

Post by LoRee »

First thanks to misQui as I love the Adams family and did not recognize that lovely face as Wednesday Adams. Maybe it was that Russian like hat?
YES Anna, that is my all time favorite bondage Goddess Bettie. I am a pure switch (meaning I like being Dom & Sub equally); I am bi-sexual and am very much in touch with my feminine side. My fem side is mostly submissive and I LOVE playing the part of the helplessly bound Heroine waiting to be tortured, sexually molested, or whatever. That is why I chose the avatar I did. Unfortunately the sex & sultry look was all I could find in the way of an avatar. If I could find one of her tightly bound & gagged the way I like to be, then perhaps I'd change it. For me this was a most conscious rather than a psychologically sub conscious choice. I feel it is a most appropriate avatar to project who I am on this forum.
So do tell curious_sb, what was the reason for choosing your avatar? :?:
"I find it far more annoying when the universe makes me work for damnation. I prefer it just gave it to me and save me the effort"
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

Hmm, hard to say really, I guess it was an expression of masculinity yet submissiveness as opposed to dominant or aggression, or femininity.

I guess it was really to say hey I am a man, but I like to feel helpless everynow and again. A prison scene is kind of a fantasy really, and as anna says I like to retain some sort of control while playing safe and having a good time.
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator
LoRee
Retired Moderator

Post by LoRee »

Anna wrote:
That small image has so much impact on the way you and your posts are received by the reader. Take care to chose an avatar that sends the right image of who you are or want to be. And when you have chosen it, do not change it to often.
So, what do you think of my revised avatar Anna? I think you are right, as this one more clearly conveys the kind of bound & punished slut I aspire to be. :P
"I find it far more annoying when the universe makes me work for damnation. I prefer it just gave it to me and save me the effort"
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

I think that the new picture gives a good picture of who you are and your interests. (In my eyes.)

And as I wrote elsewhere, “Bettie without bondage is like warm cola without bubbles and caffeine, just a lot of sweetness with no reason to lust for.â€
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

Nice work on the avatar LoRee.
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator
LoRee
Retired Moderator

Post by LoRee »

Thank You Anna & curious_sb :P
TieMeTighter

Post by TieMeTighter »

Well mine is just me, and as Anna has mentioned an avatar should give a good picture of who you are and your interests.

Job done!
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Re: avatar's

Post by curious_sb »

TieMeTighter wrote:Well mine is just me, and as Anna has mentioned an avatar should give a good picture of who you are and your interests.

Job done!
Can't really argue with that one!
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

Mind you that doesnt mean I am a con, or an ex con, however I am getting stuck in to the new TV series, "Prison Break" at the moment....
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

Loree! Whats hapened? wheres your lovely Betty Page avatar gone......

*Sobs quietly in the corner.
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

I changed my avatar, I love feet, and rope, even better when they are together...
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator
LoRee
Retired Moderator

Post by LoRee »

Well curious_sb as you can see I have adopted a universal animated avatar to suit my cynically macabre attitude that I use on all my forum profiles :mrgreen:
BTW, love the feet.