Pharmacist Rash Cream Recommendation

Anything that does not fit any of the other categories.
Riddle

Pharmacist Rash Cream Recommendation

Post by Riddle »

I want to vent about the ignorance of a pharmacist at a local chain drug store, but don’t want to share such personal information with just anyone. Figured this place would be understanding and not share it with too many other people.

So, I am currently taking prescription sleeping medication every night and easily sleep through the night (and half the day…). The one issue with this is that I need to urinate during the night and don’t wake up until much later. So, I have to wear diapers every night to keep myself and my bed clean and dry. So, a rash has developed in the diaper area and I went to get a rash cream for it. No big deal right?

So, I went to a chain drugstore and went to speak with the pharmacist about my condition for a recommendation. I asked the younger person (probably recently graduated from college) for a cream to treat a rash caused by adult incontinence. He was eager to help, showed me the Cortisone Creams available and went back to his desk. So, I read the back label just to confirm that it would work and read “Do not use on diaper rash!” So, I went back to him and let him about the warning to not use on diaper rash. He responded with “Oh, diaper rash! That is completely different.” Then, he asked the pharmacy technician where to find those creams. Really? What other kind of rash would incontinence create?
Resident timer maker. :hi:
Let’s make timers together!
Gregovic

Re: Pharmacist Rash Cream Recommendation

Post by Gregovic »

Some people just half arse their job by default. But that's particularly galling if it's for something like a pharmacist...
You probably know this already, but try to keep things clean and dry as much as possible, and use baby/body powder before putting your diaper on. Wash thoroughly in the morning after taking it off and then let things "air out" for a few minutes. You might also look into what diapers you're using. The cheaper drug-store ones are almost universally shit and allow moisture to stay on your skin. You might want to shop around for some good quality ones. That really helps keep moisture away from the body and prevent rashes.

Hope you get things resolved soon, rashes of any kind aren't fun.
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Wow... :shock:

A) Drink less! Keep away from liquids that make you pee (coffee, tea, alcohol, etc.) at least four to six hours before bed. My Mom always said that if you drink a cup of coffee, you'll pee out two or three. Slow down your fluid intake some time before bed.

B) There are prescription medications (anti-diuretics) that can help you hold your urine overnight, but these are prescribed in certain situations only. If your pituitary is in good health and producing desmopressin in appropriate amounts naturally, you don't really need it. Slowing down fluid intake is better.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Riddle

Post by Riddle »

Thank you Jenny and Gregovic for the suggestions. I have seen my primary care doctor once and a urologist twice for the bedwetting issue. The urologist blames my sleep meds for relaxing the bladder and preventing it from holding. Due to my sleep apnea, my body does not reduce urine production at night and adds to the issue. Also, some of my meds cause me to be thirsty which adds to the problem. My insurance will only cover the really cheap incontinence pull-ups which barely hold anything, so I am buying the best quality adult medical diapers available in America (Northshore MegaMax) out of pocket at $3 each brief ($90 per month). There are medications which reduce urine production but may cause early dementia (not going there). So basically it is what it is and I just need to figure out how to manage the bedwetting long term; finding an effective rash cream is the current thing to figure out. That pharmacist wasn't helpful...

I bought a tub of A&D ointment and a tub of Desitin Maximum Strength; one of those should work.
Resident timer maker. :hi:
Let’s make timers together!
Kinbaku

Post by Kinbaku »

I was thinking of a plastic bag partially filled with cotton wool around the penis under the diaper. So that most of the moisture is collected in the plastic bag.
The little that can escape from the bag is then better absorbed by the diaper and talc-treated skin.

Because that moisture doesn't touch the skin anywhere else, you get less rash there.
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

kinbaku wrote:I was thinking of a plastic bag partially filled with cotton wool around the penis under the diaper. So that most of the moisture is collected in the plastic bag.
The little that can escape from the bag is then better absorbed by the diaper and talc-treated skin.

Because that moisture doesn't touch the skin anywhere else, you get less rash there.
Not a good idea. For one cotton wool doesn't retain moisture very well, secondly you're also dealing with sweat and wet or damp plastic directly on the skin could well make things worse. Diapers are already supposed to deal with this and keep the skin dry, no need to add anything to them.
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

I'll attack this problem from a different angle.

Have you considered one of these?
https://aliexpress.com/item/1005004796649563.html

These gadgets are used to help with getting relaxed/sleep but I bought them for my migraine. They really help and it will probably make you sleepy enough as you need to be but not so sleepy that it forms other problems.

They sell more than one kind, so you may want to look around. Also, the electric pads are replacable and you use one set for about 3 to 5 times only. Luckily they sell these in large batches too for not too much money either. The one linked has a slightly smaller battery than other types, but with 3 modes. Mode 1 would be the one you want, and 2 could help to destress followed by mode 1.

Keep in mind, if you use the device and it is done, you can just turn it back on again and use another mode, and that will not degrade the electic pad at all, so those 2 times count as one still.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
Kinbaku

Post by Kinbaku »

Gregovic wrote:
kinbaku wrote:I was thinking of a plastic bag partially filled with cotton wool around the penis under the diaper. So that most of the moisture is collected in the plastic bag.

Not a good idea. For one cotton wool doesn't retain moisture very well, secondly you're also dealing with sweat and wet or damp plastic directly on the skin could well make things worse. Diapers are already supposed to deal with this and keep the skin dry, no need to add anything to them.
As always you are right again. :facepalm: :oops:
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

Not sure if this will help, but you might try a condom catheter. You would need a receptacle, and it might be problematic if you move around a lot in your sleep, although maybe you could strap the receptacle to your leg.
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.