The Battleaxe image.

Anything that does not fit any of the other categories.
bounddosster

The Battleaxe image.

Post by bounddosster »

Having had some time on my hands lately while not being able to fill my time as I usually do, my mind wandered on to a question, Is there a difference between a dominant female and a battle axe of a wife?
I've been unsure of how to phrase this question here but here goes.
I know the term Battle axe is used in the Uk and USA and other such countries. After all I believe it came from the US via the life of Carrie Nation. I'm not so sure of its use in other countries. In the UK it often refers to a wife or woman that is usually on the larger side, and doesn't spend much time as regards her appearance, meaning usually in hair rolls and an apron. Think of Nora Batty, or just about any of the wonderful ladies from Last of the Summer Wine, Flo form the Andy Capp cartoon strip, or just about any charter played by the wonderful Peggy Mount.
Nora Batty
Nora Batty
Nora.jpg (12.46 KiB) Viewed 278 times
If you don't know them look them up and you'll get what I mean. These women are certainly dominant but not I guess sexy.
Modern media, image-makers etc. all ways project dominant females as "sexy" I guess it sells better and but what do submissives really think of the battle-axe image, do you find it attractive?

I'm a great fan of the comedy Last of the summer wine, Not only is it very funny but it is jam-packed with domineering women. Ok, it is very tongue in cheek and the only hint of sex usually involves Marina, who uses her sexuality in a dominating fashion but it does remind me of some women I've met going through life that have shaped my submissive side far more than some leather-clad dominatrix.

So the "battle-axe", What do you think or have you experienced?
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
Shannon SteelSlave

Re: The Battleaxe image.

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Homer Simpson called Sylvia Winfield a battle axe.
Sylvia_Winfield.png
Sylvia_Winfield.png (20.02 KiB) Viewed 275 times
In the television programme "Malcolm in the Middle", Francis called his boss a hatchet face
Lavernia_malcolm_in_the_middle.jpg
Lavernia_malcolm_in_the_middle.jpg (18.02 KiB) Viewed 275 times
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
JIMDINI

Post by JIMDINI »

I don't think your average submissive would entertain a 'Battle axe' type, They would prefer a strong woman with personality and a sense of humour, more 'Emma Peel' than 'Nora Batty'

If a Nora Batty type walked in to find you like this it would be " What on earth do you think your playing at!" , and storm out, whereas with Emma Peel type it is more likely to be "I can see that your tied up, but, if there is there anything you would like me to do..."
Attachments
Me in my forties..jpg
Never confuse your ambitions with your abilities. If you can't free yourself, who will?
When your helpless, you have no choice but to wait.
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

JIMDINI wrote:I don't think your average submissive would entertain a 'Battle axe' type, They would prefer a strong woman with personality and a sense of humour, more 'Emma Peel' than 'Nora Batty'

If a Nora Batty type walked in to find you like this it would be " What on earth do you think your playing at!" , and storm out, whereas with Emma Peel type it is more likely to be "I can see that your tied up, but, if there is there anything you would like me to do..."
I think it would be a for gone conclusion what Ivy would say "what the blood n stomach pills?".
I'm not so sure all subs would be put off by a battle axe. Pearl did make Howard wear a feminine apron when she made him do the housework. She would also often lock up his bicycle, I think she was locking up the wrong thing. I reckon outside of family viewing hours she might have him locked in a chastity cage. I wonder if Marina was any good at picking locks. :)
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.