Protonmail.

Anything that does not fit any of the other categories.
bounddosster

Protonmail.

Post by bounddosster »

Does or has anyone used protonmail. I hear it is the best secure and private mail system or is it just hype?
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
Shannon SteelSlave

Re: Protonmail.

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

It looks good to me. Its end to end encryption claims that even the company can not read your email. I have heard claims of other companies that do not sell your information and habits, much less now with disclosure laws. If anyone is interested in trying this out, here is the options table.
Capture.JPG
If anyone has any more time than me to verify the claims boasted by the company, please post.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

Here is a link to a review of protonmail from PC Magazine, there are also mentioned some other secure email providers I might look at.
https://uk.pcmag.com/privacy/122654/protonmail
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
Lyn

Post by Lyn »

Sorry my response is so late, I've been real busy. Yes, I have it and like it very much. You can send it like regular email to any other email domain however, it will lose its security if the recipient uses an insecure service like gmail. But you can "lock" the message with a passkey, and then let the recipient know by other means what the key is. They will receive a link and have to use the key to read the message securely. I use it to send sensitive medical records to my family members.
Lisahs3

Post by Lisahs3 »

I don't know what this is but can I make a new email account or is it something for businesses?
I am so fed up with Google email. I can't log in and they keep asking me for my mobile phone number. I don't know if its a scam or what it is but I am not doing it!
Its only used for my account here and some other fetish and kink websites so I don't want people getting hold of my phone number. Its really annoying :evil:

Lisa
Shannon SteelSlave

Lisahs3 wrote:I don't know what this is but can I make a new email account or is it something for businesses?
I am so fed up with Google email. I can't log in and they keep asking me for my mobile phone number. I don't know if its a scam or what it is but I am not doing it!
Its only used for my account here and some other fetish and kink websites so I don't want people getting hold of my phone number. Its really annoying :evil:

Lisa
True that. I would almost prefer having an email address hacked than to lose access to it by having security features keep me out. At least I know I should ditch it if it was hacked, to say nothing for being prodded for more information to continue access.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
👠👠
Lisahs3

Post by Lisahs3 »

Its so frustrating because I like to write fun stories or find links to something I like and keep them in my emails because then they cannot be found on my computer.
Now all of that is lost I think.
I have very nosey friends but I am just as bad as they are lol so I should not complain.

Lisa
Shannon SteelSlave

Lisahs3 wrote:Its so frustrating because I like to write fun stories or find links to something I like and keep them in my emails because then they cannot be found on my computer.
Now all of that is lost I think.
I have very nosey friends but I am just as bad as they are lol so I should not complain.

Lisa
There must be a computer that you primarily log in from. Try that computer.
I have a simple philosophy about personal information : If you don't have it, you CAN NOT share it, sell it, or have it hacked from you. Never mind "privacy" policies, which leave the choice up to you, through loop holes, or amended policies/changes. Mine is better than any they can come up with.
👠👠