New Year New Hope

Anything that does not fit any of the other categories.
bounddosster

Re: New Year New Hope

Post by bounddosster »

kinbaku wrote:
bounddosster wrote:It's never been the same since they stopped using the map and sticking the clouds on by hand. You didn't really care about what the weather was going to be the only thing that mattered was would the clouds stay stuck or fall off the map.
The TV weatherman I personally knew used women's lipstick to draw the low and high pressure areas on his first TV weather maps. :lol:
But only after someone discovered his lipstick and he needed an excuse. :wink:
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
bound_jenny

Re: New Year New Hope

Post by bound_jenny »

kinbaku wrote:
bounddosster wrote:It's never been the same since they stopped using the map and sticking the clouds on by hand. You didn't really care about what the weather was going to be the only thing that mattered was would the clouds stay stuck or fall off the map.
The TV weatherman I personally knew used women's lipstick to draw the low and high pressure areas on his first TV weather maps. :lol:
There was a TV weatherman from way back, Percy Saltzman (in fact, the first TV weatherman in Canada, with a career lasting over 30 years on CBC). He did his thing with chalk - the map was a big chalkboard with an outline of North America painted on. He did his weather presentation entirely by memory.

He was entertaining and funny. One of the lasting memories I have was when he chalked the lowest temperature I've ever seen on TV weather... -62F (-52C) in Yukon... wind chill factor not counted... :shock:

Not the kind of weather to go outside to take a leak. :rofl:

Other than his bow tie, his trademark was ending his presentation by tossing the chalk up in the air and catching it again.

He passed away almost exacty 15 years ago, in 2007.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!