What sensiable present did you get?

Anything that does not fit any of the other categories.
bounddosster

What sensiable present did you get?

Post by bounddosster »

Whichever way you celebrate this time of year it seems to involve some form of present giving a certain amount of which will be some useless item destined for the back of a cupboard. This year my wife and I agreed to be sensible in our present buying. Which resulted in me receiving a new tumble dryer, without a time travel function :( . The old one broke down two weeks before yuletide and after years of various repairs, I could no longer fix it. So with a set budget in mind, off we go to the shop for a new one only to find there is a shortage of the model we want and due to the supply problems in the UK, we might if we luckily get one by February. So I ask the question what have you in stock we can have today? The only one available closest to our budget was £90 more. A dryer was needed so the present budget would have to be raided. After the go-ahead from her who controls the purse strings, the dryer is ordered.

On returning to the car my wife informs me that that will have to count as my present this year. Her reasoning was although it is a household item and therefore jointly owned by us both as I'm the laundry maid, her actual words, I'd be using it the most and so get the most benefit from it so it is going to be my present as with money being tight it was a sensible solution. OK, I thought it's better than some useless rubbish that would sit at the back of the cupboard for years on end. I told her I was happy with that and we both agreed it was a sensible way to behave but of course, she would still want her present.

Although I generally take care of the household tasks my wife does like to do the cooking so mostly she does it, the cooking that is not the washing up. By the 22nd of December, I still had to think of a suitable present for my wife, then the microwave stops working. The microwave that my wife mostly uses and therefore gets the most benefit from.

So what did I give my wife as a present, Yes, you guessed it, A microwave, a good one though? plenty of programs, flashing lights, etc.

Well as I told my wife it was the sensible solution. :)
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
tiemeupalso

Re: What sensiable present did you get?

Post by tiemeupalso »

when do you get out of the hospital?
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

tiemeupalso wrote:when do you get out of the hospital?
She wasn't too rough with me but it was the first time I had to eat Christmas dinner standing up.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

bounddosster wrote:Which resulted in me receiving a new tumble dryer, without a time travel function .
It's the washing machine that has the time travel function, if you wire up the timer correctly and use the spin cycle (souped up, though).

The dryer doesn't spin fast enough.

:mrgreen:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

bound_jenny wrote:The dryer doesn't spin fast enough. Jenny.
Yet. :)