NoNo hair removal device.

Anything that does not fit any of the other categories.
Sashauk

Re: NoNo hair removal device.

Post by Sashauk »

bounddosster wrote:Unfortunately being blonde and fair-skinned these lasers don't seem suitable for me, even if I could afford them. I do have an epilator that sees occasional use when I'm in a masochistic frame of mind.

That is quite impressive. Over what time period was this?
Yes, that is the only drawback with these home lasers - they don't work with blonde/grey hair.

There is about an eight year gap between the two photos (2012-2020), but I did not start my hair removal regime until around 2016. I wish I had started sooner as I could probably have got rid of my facial hair completely.

If you use the epilator regularly it will get less painful, when I use mine now I barely feel it.
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

Totally forgot to post an update on my earlier post about the epilator. I did get everything below my chest or so epilated and it was very nice for a while. Upkeep was OK for the first 2 weeks or so but at some point when things started growing back it started itching like mad and I decided to just give it a rest and let it grow back for a while. Life happened and I never got around to epilating things again so I'm currently back to "full length", though I can definitely tell on my legs that the hair is thinner than it was before I did the epilating. I should get back to it as some point.... I might also do my arms at some point when the weather goes cold again in fall (since I usually wear short sleeves in summer and I don't want to have to explain the splotchy red-ish skin I got on my legs for a few days after epilating.
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
Stretched out

Post by Stretched out »

I used to regularly shave and spent a while getting waxed before moving and not having anyone to continue with. I tried a rotary epilator but found the results rather poor for the time/pain and its unsuitability for any skin that's not tight and flat

I've recently started waxing myself with a Cirepil hard wax and it's easy enough to diy if you can reach where you want to wax.
The hypoallergenic Cristalline wax isn't quite up to the task of getting all the tough thick hairs on me in one go, but I ve just ordered a bag of their Homme wax which should be more suitable