NoNo hair removal device.

Anything that does not fit any of the other categories.
bounddosster

NoNo hair removal device.

Post by bounddosster »

I guess this might already exist on here but I can't find it and you can't search for the words no no.

I was channel flicking the other night when I landed on a shopping channel advertising the NoNo hair remover. It claimed with regular use it would cause the body hair to thin and even stop growing. I view that "stop growing" claim with suspicion but wonder if anyone here has used a NoNo device. It is claimed it has been improved but I still don't see how it can achieve smooth skin. Any opinions?
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
Shannon SteelSlave

Re: NoNo hair removal device.

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

From Consumer Reports magazine (US), I have read that these at home hair removal systems offer little in the way of permanent hair removal, and are tedious to use. The only method even has a shot at long term hair removal, as close to permanent as you can hope for, is professional electrolysis.
Some loophole in false advertising allows them to make the optimistic claims they boast in my opinion.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

I haven't seen any adverts for that doodad in a long time. IIRC, it used a hot wire to literally burn off the hair near the skin :shock: , and somewhat damage the follicle. Then you needed to rub your skin with a buffing pad to remove the remaining stubble and damaged follicles. In theory. But it's less worrisome than using weird chemicals applied to your skin to dissolve or mush up the hair. Goodness knows what it does to the skin... :shock:

Like any home hair removal system, it's not permanent. New hair will grow back to replace what was removed. It will be finer than what was removed.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

bound_jenny wrote:New hair will grow back to replace what was removed.
Bald.jpg
Bald.jpg (5.75 KiB) Viewed 1042 times
Yeah, sure it will. :(
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

I occasionally used the cream but I've yet to find one that actually removes all the hair and lasts more than 24hrs so I gave up with that. I was once creamed by an ex when I was much younger and it lasted for a long time but I have no idea what she used and I doubt it is available now, probably on the toxic list these days.

I've owned an epilator for some time now and tried to use it :shock: , Up until then, I thought I was a masochist now I'm just a wuss.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

bounddosster wrote:I've owned an epilator for some time now and tried to use it , Up until then, I thought I was a masochist now I'm just a wuss.
One gets used to it. You just have to power through the pain and the next time it isn't so bad. The next time after that it's even easier.

Isn't it ironic that in order to be more feminine (less body hair), one needs to "man up"? :rofl:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
ruru67

Post by ruru67 »

Ha, yeah, epilators. So I kinda like the idea being clean down there. The fist time I tried doing anything about it, I shaved it the area, in preparation for a night out with the (then) wife. Mere hours later I was regretting it. It itched like crazy. It was still itching a week and a half later, so I broke out said wifey's epilator, and epilated the area.

Ouch, but anything was better than that damned itch. Y'see, the trouble with shaving the privates is that it grows back, quickly. And the stubble is sharp. And the scrotum gets spiked, leading to the itch.

Anyway, so far so good. The next time decide to do a much more complete job. The flat skin was fine, but then I moved onto the wabbly bits. Now, I hadn't done that the previous time - I'd just taken out the hair that was pointed at my sack, because that was causing the itching, but had left it at that. This time I brought the epilator - the kind with the rotating cylinder armed with lots of little bitey tweezers that grab the hair and rip it out - over my perineum and up into the scrotal skin.

Words can not fully describe what happened next. All those little tweezers grabbing a little bit of skin and not letting go. The epilator stopped in its tracks with a dozen tiny mouthfuls of hair, skin, blood, and pain. Especially pain.

Epilators are not designed for scrotums.

Suffice to say, that was the last attempt at that. After waiting for the pain to subside and the bleeding to stop, I grabbed a pair of tweezers and finished the job the hard way.

Then there was the time I tried using those cold waxing strips. That went well up to the wabbly bits. Those strips aren't designed for scrotums either....
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

ruru67 wrote:Ha, yeah, epilators. So I kinda like the idea being clean down there. The fist time I tried doing anything about it, I shaved it the area, in preparation for a night out with the (then) wife. Mere hours later I was regretting it. It itched like crazy. It was still itching a week and a half later, so I broke out said wifey's epilator, and epilated the area.

Ouch, but anything was better than that damned itch. Y'see, the trouble with shaving the privates is that it grows back, quickly. And the stubble is sharp. And the scrotum gets spiked, leading to the itch.

Anyway, so far so good. The next time decide to do a much more complete job. The flat skin was fine, but then I moved onto the wabbly bits. Now, I hadn't done that the previous time - I'd just taken out the hair that was pointed at my sack, because that was causing the itching, but had left it at that. This time I brought the epilator - the kind with the rotating cylinder armed with lots of little bitey tweezers that grab the hair and rip it out - over my perineum and up into the scrotal skin.

Words can not fully describe what happened next. All those little tweezers grabbing a little bit of skin and not letting go. The epilator stopped in its tracks with a dozen tiny mouthfuls of hair, skin, blood, and pain. Especially pain.

Epilators are not designed for scrotums.

Suffice to say, that was the last attempt at that. After waiting for the pain to subside and the bleeding to stop, I grabbed a pair of tweezers and finished the job the hard way.

Then there was the time I tried using those cold waxing strips. That went well up to the wabbly bits. Those strips aren't designed for scrotums either....
:shock: !!!!!!!!
Some people say in life you should try everything at least once, To those people, I say try epilating your ball sack then come and tell me you should try everything at least once.
Lisahs3

Post by Lisahs3 »

Lol I love that Jenny, they need to man up.
I’m sorry boys but I don’t think you will get a lot of sympathy from the girls here.

I like to keep my legs , underarms and my bikini line neat and smooth. Waxing hurts and it doesn’t work very well on short hair I don’t think. I shave in the shower or the bath but I prefer to shave in the shower. The water flowing all the time washes away the hair I just shaved off. My advice is if you shave very sensitive body parts use lots of shave soap either foam or gel and a shaver with a moisturising strip. After shaving make sure you moisturise, let it soak into the skin and put some more on after.
Don’t use things like hair removal cream because they can burn your skin. I learned that when I younger.
Electric shavers you still need to moisturise after.
Whatever you do take care and take your time do not rush.

Lisa
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

Recently bought an epilator and I'm going through the initial "first time" on my legs right now. I find the pain manageable if I just keep going. Taking breaks is actually worst than just keeping it going through hair. But I will say this to the ladies. You don't know how much body hair men have. I mean, you might think you are pretty hairy, but no, we have a LOT more than that. It took me a full battery charge just to do most of my lower legs up to the knee (well over an hour). Took a second battery charge to just do my knees as it was really tricky getting all the hairs on all the weird curves. (Also, back of the knee in the softer fleshy parts SUCKS, really painful. Hopefully tomorrow I can get most of my upper legs done.

I have to keep going back to remove even more hair. REALLY hoping it'll be easier and less painful in future. Otherwise I might go back to just occasionally shaving and letting it grow back. (Because to keep it even remotely smooth I'd really have to shave every single day.
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

Gregovic wrote:Recently bought an epilator and I'm going through the initial "first time" on my legs right now. I find the pain manageable if I just keep going. Taking breaks is actually worst than just keeping it going through hair. But I will say this to the ladies. You don't know how much body hair men have. I mean, you might think you are pretty hairy, but no, we have a LOT more than that. It took me a full battery charge just to do most of my lower legs up to the knee (well over an hour). Took a second battery charge to just do my knees as it was really tricky getting all the hairs on all the weird curves. (Also, back of the knee in the softer fleshy parts SUCKS, really painful. Hopefully tomorrow I can get most of my upper legs done.

I have to keep going back to remove even more hair. REALLY hoping it'll be easier and less painful in future. Otherwise I might go back to just occasionally shaving and letting it grow back. (Because to keep it even remotely smooth I'd really have to shave every single day.
Total respect to you Gregovic for doing that.
Did you trim your hair shorter first?

Let us know how long it lasts, I would go through with it but from past experience, it comes back so quickly that I don't feel it is worth the time involved. I can handle the pain, (Yes I can) but the time given over to it I just never seem to have.
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

bounddosster wrote:
Gregovic wrote:Recently bought an epilator and I'm going through the initial "first time" on my legs right now. I find the pain manageable if I just keep going. Taking breaks is actually worst than just keeping it going through hair. But I will say this to the ladies. You don't know how much body hair men have. I mean, you might think you are pretty hairy, but no, we have a LOT more than that. It took me a full battery charge just to do most of my lower legs up to the knee (well over an hour). Took a second battery charge to just do my knees as it was really tricky getting all the hairs on all the weird curves. (Also, back of the knee in the softer fleshy parts SUCKS, really painful. Hopefully tomorrow I can get most of my upper legs done.

Total respect to you Gregovic for doing that.
Did you trim your hair shorter first?

Let us know how long it lasts, I would go through with it but from past experience, it comes back so quickly that I don't feel it is worth the time involved. I can handle the pain, (Yes I can) but the time given over to it I just never seem to have.
So far so good, still a lot of "stragglers" but I'm now most of the way to having my legs finished. Hoping to get it done in full tomorrow. The epilator died just a little too early today :| So far for me it seems it works best doing it after a shower, seems the hair comes out just a bit easier that way.
I did trim the hair fairly short first (like 2mm or so) and I find that in the patches where I left it longer it is indeed more painful as it feels the hair is more "yanked" than smoothly pulled. The pain definitely is the sort where you just have to keep going and atleast for me it also seems to work better and smoother making small spirals instead of going in a straight line (as it says in the manual). Gets a lot more hair a lot faster and hurts slightly less.

I've been epilating my chest and stomach area a bit longer and it does seem that while the hair isn't gone super long, it has become thinner and smoother than it was before I started doing it, so i hope it will have the same effect on my legs. Even if it isn't gone it would be great if it's a bit thinner and softer.

If I shave my legs I can already feel the stubble coming back within a day. So far, apart from the hairs I missed (possibly because I managed to trim them too short for the epilator to grab) my lower legs are still smooth 2 days after I started. So it is an improvement in that regard. We'll see how much work upkeep is going to be and how much of a problem in-grown hairs will be (which I also get a lot from shaving, especially at the back of my legs in the "seating" area :oops: )
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=10480 Thanks, I shall watch this with great interest, One of my new year's resolutions is to be less hairy, that's the second one I've made. I figure if I make a lot of them I might actually stand a chance of succeeding with one or two. :)
Sashauk

Post by Sashauk »

I have been using these for a number of years, and the results have been very good.

https://www.triabeauty.co.uk/home-laser-hair-removal
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-SatinP ... B008PPPJUS

I am pretty much hair free these days, a quick run over with the epilator now and again is all I need. Unfortunately the laser only works on dark hair so I needed to use the epilator to get rid of the grey.

As others have said the first few times you epilate can be quite painful, and leave you with red bumps. After regular use the hair roots get weaker so the pain goes away, and you no longer get the bumps. The laser is also not a quick fix. It takes regular use over an extended period to have any effect, but the effort required is well worth it.
Before
Before
After
After
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

Sashauk wrote:I have been using these for a number of years, and the results have been very good.

https://www.triabeauty.co.uk/home-laser-hair-removal
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-SatinP ... B008PPPJUS

I am pretty much hair free these days, a quick run over with the epilator now and again is all I need. Unfortunately the laser only works on dark hair so I needed to use the epilator to get rid of the grey.

As others have said the first few times you epilate can be quite painful, and leave you with red bumps. After regular use the hair roots get weaker so the pain goes away, and you no longer get the bumps. The laser is also not a quick fix. It takes regular use over an extended period to have any effect, but the effort required is well worth it.
2008.jpg
2018.jpg
Unfortunately being blonde and fair-skinned these lasers don't seem suitable for me, even if I could afford them. I do have an epilator that sees occasional use when I'm in a masochistic frame of mind.

That is quite impressive. Over what time period was this?