Is it ok to post items for sale?

Anything that does not fit any of the other categories.
beldritch

Is it ok to post items for sale?

Post by beldritch »

Hi there.

I have a few kink related items I'd like to sell - Tremblr, Magic Wand & Maglock. Am I okay to post them up somewhere to sell?
Shannon SteelSlave

Re: Is it ok to post items for sale?

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

I am not sure any one would buy those items because it would expose their identity. It could expose you as well. Not a question we see here everyday, possibly for that reason. I don't personally have an issue with your "yard sale", as long as its not a store you're advertising. But I am kind of new here at this, so I would not say yes by myself. Decide if you want to risk the identity exposure and let us know. I don't see any hard and fast rules for or against it. Maybe if it benefits the community. Let's let a senior member answer.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Personally, I don't remember any kind of precedent to this. Nor can I find any specific rule about this. But, I'd interpret this loosely (quoted from the disallowed subjects post in Read This First):
Everything else:
Use your common sense just because it is not written here does not mean that it it is allowed.
My personal opinion as of this moment is to err on the side of caution - allowing this sort of advertising can rapidly get out of hand. As they say, give'em a inch, some will take a mile. Some kind of control needs to be exerted not only on what is sold, but who is selling. We wouldn't want people joining just to sell a lawnmower or other articles that could very well be sold on Kijiji or some equivalent. Unless there is some sort of organized arrangement I'd say no.

jm2c.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

bound_jenny wrote:
Everything else:
Use your common sense just because it is not written here does not mean that it it is allowed.
Yeah, that was all I found too about this sort of thing.
Last year, someone asked about selling personal item, and I explained that anonymity is so prized around here that it was unlikely anyone could make a successful sale. That dissuaded that member.
Thanks for asking first, Beldritch, but we would prefer you to try elsewhere to sell your items. Best of luck to you and thanks for your other contributions to the forum here.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
davisev5225

Post by davisev5225 »

beldritch wrote:Tremblr, Magic Wand
These should never be sold (or puchased) used anyway. Even with the best non-destructive cleaning routine, you're still selling used sex toys. Eww.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

davisev5225 wrote:
beldritch wrote:Tremblr, Magic Wand
These should never be sold (or puchased) used anyway. Even with the best non-destructive cleaning routine, you're still selling used sex toys. Eww.
Add hygiene to the list, then. :shock:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!